[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I'm a man and I shave my legs (I'm gay) because it

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2

I'm a man and I shave my legs (I'm gay) because it makes me feel more attractive, but I need some advice. Currently, I use a 5 blade women's razor (Gillette venus, pic related) every few days with women's shave gel. I thought this was the best way to get a close, smooth shave, but I have had some issues with razor bumps in recent weeks. I have heard that using men's razors is better, because they are sharper, but many websites I've read say otherwise. Do any men here have experience with this? I am a member of the dollar shave club, and I like those razors for my face. Would it be better to use these on my legs? Thanks for any advice.
>>
>>7763462

How often do you shave your legs? I found I got less bumps when I shaved more often.

I use Wilkinson Sword Hydro Silk 3 (5 blades) with a simple bar of soap and moisturiser afterwards. I used to use a face razor and that did get a bit bumpy at times (And also dulled the blades quickly).

May help you, may not - it works for me.
>>
>>7763544
I haven't come out yet, so I try to keep it to a couple times per week so my parents don't suspect anything with long showers. The problem is that shaving in the shower takes a long time.
>>
>>7763587

That's fine, you're actually in a similar situation to me - I only shower twice a week, that's probably quite bad but I don't really sweat much. I don't know if my parents know I shave my legs, I don't keep it a secret but I haven't had a need to mention it either. I'm not a very hairy person so nobody expects to see hair on my legs.

But in any case, if you're shaving twice a week like me then you should be fine. I don't know how long you've been doing it but I know when I started it took me about 10-20 minutes to shave my legs, now it's about 5-10 because I just have the routine down, know which ways to contort my body/legs to get it done quickly - just practice I guess.

Generally razor burn is irritation, so make sure whatever you're using to lather up isn't too drying. I've used a drying soap by accident once and it was awful.
>>
>>7763462
I'm a girl and I used my brother's razor once to shave and I cut my legs up really bad. I don't know if that helps but I thought I would put that out there.
>>
There is literally no difference whatsoever in gendered razors except marketing.

FFS /lgbt/
>>
>>7763462
i shave my legs in the summer with a mens gillette fusion proglide and it works well

i assume guys have coarser leg hairs than women so a sharper mens blade would work better
>>
>>7763626
I don't get pain on my legs, just bumps. They don't look good, that's why I made this post.
>>
File: RZ-WEI-9306C12.jpg (248KB, 2121x1756px) Image search: [Google]
RZ-WEI-9306C12.jpg
248KB, 2121x1756px
>>7763462
Fuck those bullshit cartridge razors. If you want to take shaving seriously, you need something like pic related. Blades are cheaper than dirt, last longer than cartridges, don't clog because there's only a single blade, and the shit's so sharp it exfoliates while it shaves. I use it on my face and my legs (mtf) and I'd never trust anything else.

If you insist on using cheap shit, I suggest using an exfoliant before shaving (like a fruit scrub or just use a bath lily/loofa on your dry legs to get the top layer of skin off) and shave with the grain instead of against it. Use warm water as well, and it helps to get the skin you're going to be shaving on warmed up so the follicles are fully extended.
>>
>>7764244
I use one of these as well. You gotta be really careful around your more sensitive areas, but it's probably one of the closest shaves I've gotten.
>>
>>7764244
amazon link for a good brand ploxxerinos
>>
>>7764455
I've been using the same RazoRock safety razor for nigh on five years and it hasn't let me down. I don't think they make my model anymore, and Amazon only stocks one of their razors for ~$25. I originally ordered mine from italianbarber.com, and they stock RazoRock for as cheap as $10
http://www.italianbarber.com/collections/safety-razors/products/razorock-quick-change-de-safety-razor
That one has the same twist-to-open mechanism mine has.

As far as blades, it's ultimately up to preference, but I've been using the same Lord Platinum blades that got shipped with my original purchase, and I haven't felt the need to change.
>>
>>7764790
I forgot to link the blades, but when I run low I get this
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B001VTRGGK/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_awdb_TcuPybWRZN9CF
And it lasts me like a year (ymmv, I only shave my face twice a week and it doesn't grow longer than a quarter inch becuase of all dat sweet estrogen)

Either way, bless you if you embark on a wet shaving journey, and I hope you convert others in the future
>>
>>7763462
How about a straight razor or double-edge?
>>
>>7763462
Male razors are suited for faces and fine detail work. They have more control and precision due to narrower blades.
Women's razors are wider and have huge guards on them and handles with a variety of grips. Less chance of slicing bits off, but control suffers.
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.