[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So I'm 23 now and I know I'm trans but I just can never

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 44
Thread images: 6

File: 1486441382568.png (670KB, 565x619px) Image search: [Google]
1486441382568.png
670KB, 565x619px
So I'm 23 now and I know I'm trans but I just can never seem to bring myself to transition. When I was 10-16 I always wondered what it would be like to be a girl. When I was 18 I would tell myself it's just a phase. When I was 20 I would tell myself it's too late. Now I'm 23 I think it probably is too late and dysphoria is worse than ever. I honestly think it's more likely I become an hero than transition. I really just don't know what to do.
>>
>>7761278
I'm 20 and in the same boat. You want to have a duel? I could buy some guns or swords. Loser has to deal with disphoria and a murder charge.
>>
>>7761278
start hrt even if you end up never socially transitioning
>>
Just find another gay boy your age into crossdressing.

Actually going trans/being a women is a placebo that gets worse the more you think about it and eventually you think about it to kill boredom.

Your appearance should never be a large part of your life, find somebody who can compromise with your quirky sexuality and otherwise loves you for what you are.
>>
>>7761303
Gay boys are actually very bad partners for trans women.
>>
>>7761294
A very tempting offer.

>>7761297
Back when I had a job and money I almost tried. Now I'm a NEET that lives with his parents so I don't even know how I would go about that. I think the only way I could get on HRT soon is if I came out to my parents and had them take me to the informed consent clinic which is like an hour away. This would involve coming out and possibly fucking up my relationship with my parents. Shit fucking sucks I feel trapped.
>>
I was where you are now. I would suggest getting on hormones if you are absolutely sure that your dysphoria needs to be treated. Hormone changes are definitely preferable to murdering the shit out of yourself.

I've been on hormones for 3 years. I'm almost 26 now. I havn't socially transitioned, mainly because I realistically know I will never bee 100% woman. I'm not trying to delude myself into believing that I will ever live the life of a woman. The hormones have been a huge help in readjusting my frame of mind. I feel like my brain is no longer dysfunctional. I still get weirded out by my body sometimes, but I am much more at peace with myself. I've accepted that part of my lifes journey is to learn to live with this "disorder" and find a way that it can increase my self awareness. I mean hell, most people can't get past the narcissistic, self loathing aspect of being trans, so why not level the fuck up and use your understanding of men, and of woman to learn to be more empathetic, and help others to feel like that can spend time with you without judgement.

This opportunity would open you up to super Empathy. It get's you in touch with your senses in a very beautiful way. Create art expressing the pains, if you are not the artsy type, then just express it somehow. Holding in emotional frustration and closing down on yourself is where your depression is rooted.

Percentage wise, humans do not go through life without pain from insecurity, and fear of failure. If you realize that everyone deals with their own set of unique problems you can figure out how to relate to their pain and become more loving for it.

I love you anon, you can open yourself to a world of possibilities if you learn to accept and love yourself.
>>
Age thing is mostly a meme. Go for it!

You only need to transition really young if you have shit genetics for looking fem. Even then you may be fucked...
>>
Are you into boys or girls? If girls, just go ahead and kill yourself. The world doesn't need any more transbians.
>>
>>7761294
Hey anon let's duel, but i can only use meele weapons and you must use high caliber weapons.

PS: It will be in a open field.
>>
>>7761342
you can't take transit or something?
>>
>>7761349
I mean yeah its gotten pretty bad I literally stopped doing everything. I became a NEET shut in I got to the point where I just don't seem to care about anything. Actually trying to transition seems so scary to me especially at 23 and being in my situation like I actually think I would have to come out to my parents to get on HRT soon. I do appreciate the kind words though anon.

>>7761362
I honestly just want anyone to like me I wouldn't care if they were a boy or a girl.

>>7761395
I live like 1 hour 45 minutes from Boston or so and I think the closest transit is like 45 minutes away. Beyond that I literally have no income at the moment I've been too depressed to work.
>>
File: 1405178858956.jpg (144KB, 960x720px) Image search: [Google]
1405178858956.jpg
144KB, 960x720px
Started at late 24, got noticable results right away, I was hit some but never hard by testosterone.
Not even trying before giving up is loser attitude, like just getting the right hormonal balance more or less killed my depression, it really helps in more ways than just giving you titties.
>>
>>7761450
this
if you have discomfort over anything else besides not living socially as a girl you will feel a lot better from just starting HRT
>>
>>7761427
You said you were 23? Do you have health insurance? I was borderline homeless for a while, and was given state insurance for a while. I found a therapist who accepted my insurance, and didn't have to pay anything to visit. Just having a person, other than the extremely judgmental forum of social media, and the insanely unrealistic expectations of 4chan, to speak to about what you're feeling can relieve some of the pressure you are under.

I don't know the entirety of your circumstances, where you are located, what your families world views are, etc.I can tell you that being an androgynous guy with very feminine features of the body, like breast and some curves has done nothing to really hinder my sex life, so if you're worrying about being forever alone, then just dont. Life is very sex centric, out of the physiological need to breed, but you will be taking yourself out of the gene pool by sterilizing yourself with hormones. The interesting thing is that depending on if I'm with a woman or a man, the process of arousal works completely differently and my body is sensitive in different ways...I guess you could say I've become a bi-curiosity ;]

More seriously though, if you really truly believe your family can't accept you, you may be surprised. I mean, even if it hurts them, the pain is rooted in their expectations of who you are. If you fear that they rather make you homeless than healthy, then that's no marks against you. Find a way to bring it up. Again I don't know your family, and your personal safety should be paramount to there knowing. You are an adult. You can make medical decisions for yourself. Try to get the care you need. If you are really passionate about making changes, don't shut down. Use this pain to propel you forward into a future you can stand. I bet your parents rather you be alive then dead...if push comes to shove point that out to them.
>>
>>7761349
I made the decision to live like you are when I hit 15 after being confused, angry, and depressed about myself since hitting puberty. I really think that its the best way to be happy at peace with yourself - for everyone, not just trans people.

You saying this, and my own experiences, have made me think that really there is just a lack of good counseling when it comes to mental health. Whether your problem is your gender or something else learning to love the things around you and love life, and realize that your life need not revolve around your problem/disability should be the goal for most of the trans people here
>>
>>7761342
I'll pay for your mones
>>
>>7761278
I have some positivity for you: gender constructs are bullshit, you are you by definition, and so you've just transitioned to being comfortable with yourself! Do you want to define yourself as a what you think a woman is? Congratulations you already are doing so! Transition complete, I saved you from a life of dysphora.
>>
>>7761934
wow thanks dude I didn't realize if you just think hard enough it will literally transform your body and get rid of dysphoria
>>
>>7761934
This is why trans people aren't taken seriously. "Gender is a myth!" idiocy.
>>
>>7761307
But OP is not a trans women.

Tumblr people should be required to watch no country for old men.,
>>
>>7764083
the gender is a social construct idea is actually pretty much correct but what some people seem to not understand is just because it is a social construct does not make your lived experience with gender being forced on you and the billions of people who will continue to enforce gender magically go away.
>>
>>7764343
That's stupid. Like really stupid. If that was true why would trans even exist?
>>
>>7764960
I said in that post that you can't just escape your lived experience with gender and other people's expectations of gender. so if someone is dysphoric about some characteristic of their body and changing it to be more like the opposite sex (gender and sex are different things) brings them relief it makes sense that they feel some need to conform to gender expectations because gendering sexes is such a huge part of society. even if you realise that gender is not some innate thing and more like a set of ideas you learn to follow you are still obliged by the rest of society to continue performing gender.
>>
>>7761349
I needed to read this. We're all so caught up in wallowing in our own misery that we ignore that life can still be beautiful, that we don't need to be cis to deserve happiness... Thanks, Anon.
>>
File: 16 MONTHS.jpg (120KB, 1100x512px) Image search: [Google]
16 MONTHS.jpg
120KB, 1100x512px
>>7761278
take the fucking pills already
kys = no chance of being happy
transition = very slim chance of being happy
it's not rocket science, transitioning is the better option, you can always kill yourself later if it doesn't work out but at least fucking try
>>
>>7766120
I got a bit amazed at first, but that bright lighting in second pic feels suspicious.
>>
>>7766177
That's not amazing at all, that's just what hormones do, she still looks male. They're not magic, they just make you look a lot better than you would have without them.
>>
>>7766178
I'm always amazed at how the body will just morph into something different given other chemicals.
>>
File: 1483118571165-lgbt.jpg (111KB, 478x640px) Image search: [Google]
1483118571165-lgbt.jpg
111KB, 478x640px
>>7765405
That argument doesn't stand. Your solution for dysphoria/tranny thoughts assumes that an individual should reject society. Most people would like to participate in society, which includes the good as well as the bad. The "bad" might include gender roles. A person who has a disconnect between their perceived gender and the gender they "learn" from society is still trying to participate in their world. They just might not know they can transition or don't feel prepared enough to participate in society as their perceived gender.

I feel like i am a girl. I look like a male. But i am changing that so i can continue to be a part of my community, but perceived (by the rules of the game) as a girl. We all want to feel like we are a part of something - playing by the rules of the game in the world is one way we can fulfill that need.
>>
>>7766120
I am 24 and only started 4 months ago
Take the pills, I already feel good enough to not kys
>>
>>7771774
Sorry if it came off that way but I wasn't trying to argue that rejecting gender is a solution for dysphoria. All the stuff you said here is completely true, I don't disagree with you. In that post I was trying to explain why transpeople exist if gender is not an innate thing.

Again sorry I feel like most of the time I am really bad at expressing myself and ideas :/
>>
Just transition already anon
>>
I started hormones at 23, and I'm happier than when I was just presenting without them. Take the little chemicals already.
>>
>>7761278
Get a hobby something not related to your gender and get good at it.
>>
>>7761278
Honestly ive done that shit from my 20s saying its too late and here i am 28 on no mones getting called called miss etc and i realized holy fuck i just need to do this shit i already pass.
>>
File: tlG9flG-1.jpg (1MB, 1564x1564px) Image search: [Google]
tlG9flG-1.jpg
1MB, 1564x1564px
>>7761278
If you are going to kys you might as well transistion to see if it works out.

I mean if that person in my pic can why cant you?
>>
Wow a lot of people came to my thread I didn't expect it to still be up. Thank you everyone for your opinions.
>>
>>7761294
I don't usually support becoming an hero but this sounds entertaining
>>
>>7761355
I think age is a factor but yeah it's not the be all and end all. As long as you don't transition well past your 30's.
>>
I'm almost 22, yesterday my mum texted me that she finally accepted that I was trans and that she wanted to help me with transitioning.
I personally know that I need her (or somebody else's) help, as I don't even go outside to buy food anymore without any help thanks to my crippling self image/possible depression. So I'd just try to find something/one to try and help to transition, if I were you. From what I've found in my personal research over the years, it seems that hrt can preform miracles. So I suggest trying it before completely giving up on life.
>>
Transitioning and coming out is a hard thing to do but it's better than killing yourself.
>>
>>7789275
whats the chance that someone would kill themselves if they didnt transition but also were never able to get a family of their own?
>>
>>7793674
I don't know? depends how important those things are to them I guess.
Thread posts: 44
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.