[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I don't get it. I look into the mirror and the face staring

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 4

File: vomit.png (177KB, 432x415px) Image search: [Google]
vomit.png
177KB, 432x415px
I don't get it. I look into the mirror and the face staring back at me looks okayish but when I take pics of it I look repulsive and deformed, with absent-minded retard eyes, loooooong horseface, Lord Farquaad chin, basically like some monster out of a hon folder.

I heard that what you see in pictures is what people actually see. Is it true?
>>
>>7760443
Trust the mirror, not the camera.
Pic related.
>>
>>7760443
Could you show us what you look like?
>>
>>7760443
you've deluded urself that u look good in the mirror
>>
>>7760443
I pass well IRL, so I assume the mirror is correct and the pictures are wrong.
>>
>>7760656
this tbqh fAm sMh tbqh desu
>>
>>7760464
What the fuck?
>>
File: R-1226474-1335364705.jpeg.jpg (83KB, 500x498px) Image search: [Google]
R-1226474-1335364705.jpeg.jpg
83KB, 500x498px
Mirror gives you a mirrored image, practically the same, but normal direction will always look off to you. There's also lighting, if you look in a bathroom you'll probably have a soft warm light while outdoors will give a sharp cold light, etc.
Camera will also vary a lot, quality, setting, lenses, etc. Also video can look even worse since you add motion which will probably not look how you envision it in your head.
Lastly, a mirror will show you only the front of the face, in the camera all angles will be shown, which look odd and alien to you. I know I don't like my profile because there's some slight hanging skin under my chin after years of depression eating, but it's not visible from the front, so I can't see it in the mirror.
I'd suggest experimenting with your facial muscles in the mirror to see what you do. Neutral eyes may look lazy, perhaps just widen them a little little bit for pictures, see how your mouth looks and if it matches your perceived expression. Get some extra mirrors so you can get a good look of yourself from all angles.
Lastly, makeup is god when it comes to photography, why else do you think everyone has it on TV?
>>
>>7761705
omg someone else likes Ludus
>>
>>7761787
>tfw no one on /mu/ ever wants to discuss them even in post-punk generals
>post cover art as pic unrelated because i just think it looks nice in /lgbt/, instant reply
Why does this happen with every board?
>>
>>7760464
this, mirror will be flipped, sure, but you're as accustomed to that flipped image as strangers are to the other way around, actual proportions etc. are conserved so aside from odd stuff like left-side-bias mirror is infinitely more accurate than pics when judging your appearance
>>
>>7760443
never use a front facing camera for selfies, or a phone camera in general. The focal length (>>7760464) on phones just make you look disgusting.
>>
File: theseductioncover1back.jpg (17KB, 288x294px) Image search: [Google]
theseductioncover1back.jpg
17KB, 288x294px
>>7761944
Well it kinda makes sense that someone else would like them here than in a board full of mainly straight cis guys
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.