[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Lately I've been watching this educational Youtube channel

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 2

Lately I've been watching this educational Youtube channel on relativity and astrophysics. The show's creator commented that only 3% of its subscribers are female. This didn't surprise me but I do wonder if stereotypically male or female interests change when people transition. Any of you mtfs or ftms notice a change in your interest in science? What about in areas that women are traditionally better with, like reading emotions?
>>
>>7758402
80% of the hons here are computer programmers/STEMlords
>>
>>7758402
>Any of you mtfs or ftms notice a change in your interest in science?
I was always into classical and medieval studies, and theology. And that persisted through my transition. STEM was a struggle, and you better believe I did the absolute minimum for my general requirements in undergrad. Thankfully in grad school the coursework is all relevant to my interests. So no, nothing changed on that front.

It's funny you mention reading people. I've got a bit of a reputation. Whatever you want to call it, I'm something of an empath, an inadvertent shrink, an oracle--I don't know. People tell me their secrets. Even strangers open up sometimes. If it makes them feel better, I'm happy to listen. And people tell me I should be a teacher or a priest, especially because I'm very patient.
>>
>>7758402

I am MtF. Back in school, science, art, and computers were my favorite subjects. I was good at math at least up until pre-calc, but didn't like it. I hated PE. I would like to ride motorcycles, though the safety course I took had 4 females to 6 males (without including myself and the instructors)and the school was started and owned by a woman, so maybe it's not that masculine an interest. I like playing video games. As a kid I played AoE II and flash games on PC, later console games on Gamecube, PS2, and PS3. I didn't play quite as much as my younger brother. I had a bit of interest in trying my mother's makeup on for years which I never indulged for fear of being caught. I was slightly interested in the idea of having ballroom dance in school, but I didn't like the idea of playing the male role. I wanted to ride horses A LOT back when I was in middle school, which for some reason seems to be stereotyped as a female thing. I think I heard that a child's preference in learning an instrument based on the sound it produces, so I'll say I wanted to learn the flute or the piano, but it was the school's vocal and not instrumental teacher who knew how to play those. So I took violin because it seemed like the least bad of the choices presented. I'm not sure which category those are placed in.
>>
A bit.

I used to find physics tolerable, if boring. Now it's so boring I want nothing to do with it.

Bonus: I can't even write CSS, much less program.

I'm very interested in biology and neuroscience, though.
>>
>>7758907
Oh, I'm MtF and TruTrans, by the way.
>>
File: qc8pkwJ.jpg (61KB, 427x374px) Image search: [Google]
qc8pkwJ.jpg
61KB, 427x374px
>5 years transition
>mtf
>never had male interests even before transition

however u think u think HRT caused you to be bad at math youre a fucking idiot desu senpai
only disgusting fetishistic AGP's think HRT "changes" a persons hobbies and interests.

>gee omg so bad at driving and math now!!!!

end ya life.
>>
>>7758907
>>7758923
confirmed for TruTrans
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.