[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Time to put the stereotype to the test.. MTF programmers, ASSEMBLE!

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 44
Thread images: 6

File: Best girl.jpg (35KB, 347x540px) Image search: [Google]
Best girl.jpg
35KB, 347x540px
Time to put the stereotype to the test..
MTF programmers, ASSEMBLE!

Why did you pick up programming? When did you start? What's your favorite language?
>>
>>7755912
I'm good with computahs.
Also I can have a relatively normal professional life while on perma boy mode and no one will ask me why I dress like an autistic boy with a hoodie even when it's hot as hell.

Try doing that working on a sales department instead.
>>
I was good at math in school and not an idiot at programming.

I really suck at it though, and I wish I chose something else to do but now I feel stuck due to trannyjobs.
>>
>>7755912
>Why did you pick up programming?
I wanted to make flash games for my Cowon S9

>When did you start?
14-15

>What's your favorite language?
C++

Also know:
C, python, shell, maple, autoit
>>
AGP: C, C++, Java

TruTrans™: Haskell, Erlang, Clojure
>>
>>7755956
Ugh. Sorry to hear that. Do you dislike it or just feel that you're bad at it? How long have you been at it?
>>
>>7755972
>Putting C and Java together
triggered

I am AGP though..
>>
>>7755972
>AGP: useful enterprise languages
>TruTrans™: research language, scalable meme languages
>>
>>7755912
>Why did you pick up programming
Parents made me do it
>When did you start?
Python. Simple, yet elegant. Powerful, yet flexible. I like Ruby, too. I have a soft spot for dynamically typed scripting languages.

Other languages that I'm fluent in are C, C++, PHP, Java, JavaScript, x86 and MIPS assembly, Bash, Lisp, and Perl.
>>
>>7755974
8 years professionally. Worked as a webdev and systems engineer

I have impostor syndrome, but I am a the slowest programmer at my job. Stuff other people can do in 30 normally takes me 2hrs or so sometimes. It's discouraging and I wish I worked in a field less technical so I wouldn't feel like the metrics are against me.
>>
>>7756005
>I have a soft spot for dynamically typed scripting languages
enjoy your runtime type errors
>>
>>7756005
>made me do it
>dynamically typed
>"I'm fluent"

lmao
>>
>>7756021
Considering I grew up in the Silicon Valley and graduated from a top tier CS program, I'm most certainly fluent.
>>
>>7756011
At least you can get the job done! I'm really slow too. Maybe you just work with amazing people?
>>
>>7756034
>still using the word fluent to describe knowledge of a programming language

your list of languages you're "fluent" in reeks of a recent uni grad who's listing every language they touched while doing schoolwork

I see it time and time again with babby programmers. they list a long list of every language they've ever used, even if it was just for half a semeseter in a 200 level CS course.
>>
Do I have to have studied CS to get a decent software job? I have a degree but it's not in CS, though I've done a lot of self taught programming before.

t. not MtF
>>
the /g/ autism is showing in this thread.
Calm down ladies.
>>
>>7756078
>Expecting anything else from programmers
>>
>>7756075
no, but if its not an Engineering degree than its not gonna help you much.

Unless its in a language and you work translating software or something.
>>
>>7756059
Sure, I won't claim I'm an expert or even close. I say fluent in that I can easily write a decent program without external instruction, relying entirely on preexisting libraries or creating them from scratch.

>>7756075
Not necessarily. Just make sure your portfolio is strong, and that you understand essential concepts (data structures and algorithms being the most important). Will it be easier with a degree? Of course. It'll be much easier. But it's not the end of the world if you don't have one.

For what it's worth, I was able to get internships and part-time work during high school as well as during college. See if you can start somewhere small. One thing that'll help is making a personal website to list your accomplishments.
>>
File: astolfo_by_chrisandita-daobs57.png (567KB, 600x849px) Image search: [Google]
astolfo_by_chrisandita-daobs57.png
567KB, 600x849px
Hi everyone!

I want to ask something... Like, i always had average math scores. I struggle with logic and i fucking suck at algebra and equations... My grades at other things we're the highest but i really suck at maths.

I was thinking about following the computing path. But i'm thinking mostly about the personal stats: Being comfy in my home/workplace, a nice payment for a single person, working with computers.

The problem is, even if i really love computers, this passion is superficial, i never tried to bury deep inside programming and things like that.

Should i try the Information Systems (IS) university? Is there any IT areas focused on hardware or human interaction?

>I'm 18 and mtf
>>
>>7756167
Do you like programming at all? If so, it's worth looking into for sure. Math is going to be a problem; I was really bad at it, which made college a struggle for me. But the good news is that you won't see nearly as much math in the industry.

>Is there any IT areas focused on hardware or human interaction?
Yes, most companies have those positions. They're decently well paying even without a degree. You do need to get certified, I believe, but it's not that bad from what I hear.
>>
>>7756167
Disliking math is less of a problem than disliking logic desu
>>
>>7756167
It cant hurt to take a class or two and try it out.
Worst case scenario itll fulfill credit requirements
>>
>>7755972
Haskell is for cis gay guys, not trannies.
>>
>>7756075
Yes but you have to take estrogen and wear stockings.
>>
>>7756167
>Is there any IT areas focused on hardware or human interaction?

By human interaction do you mean like desktop support?

You'll want to kill yourself after a few years of that
>>
Only really picked it up in university. Never took it as a hobby before. Lucky shot since I ended up being decently good at it and got really into computers in general.

C is probably my favorite but I use Python the most since it's just easy.
>>
>>7755912
You got this shit fucking backwards, you tool!

I became trans *because* I was destined for programming.

But I cured myself! From the programming thing, I'm still kind of in the process of curing myself from transsexualism.
>>
File: image.jpg (133KB, 473x496px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
133KB, 473x496px
>>7755912
I wanted to make games.
>When did you start?
10 or 11. It was the summer between 5th and 6th grade.
BBCode.
>>
>>7756005
>fluent
>assembly
>"lisp" but doesn't specify which one
this is like the stereotypical awful cs grad resume
>>
>>7759223
>a fellow /prog/ refugee
forced indentation is a slippery slope to forced feminization
>>
>>7755912
>why
Fun. Then choose computers instead of aerospace because it was easier.
>when
11 y/o
>favorite language
RISC-V assembly for the memes, CPP for seriousness
>>
>>7759365
>RISC-V
what do you think of lowRISC? i thought it sounded neat, but i'm too dumb for low level stuff.
>>
>>7759375
Dunno, haven't acquired the thing (it's out of my price range for what it is, and then I have arduinos and esp for 5% the price). Probably would've got one if it was 50% cheaper.
It can do C afaik.
I started writing a emulator for the supervisor level ISA, to mess with on esp8266, but gave up ages ago due to feeling like shit, which a bit more recently ended with me 'discovering' I am trannysexual lol.
>>
>knowing any programming language
A G P
G
P
>>
File: alan-turing-7.jpg (45KB, 1199x899px) Image search: [Google]
alan-turing-7.jpg
45KB, 1199x899px
>>7760073
>Implying the most tru trans trannies weren't computer scientists.
>>
>>7760105
nope, definitely agp
>>
>>7760105
holy shit.

he agreed to take hormones, was one of the first programmers, and offed himself.

how did everyon miss that?
>>
>>7760105
>implying forced feminization is trans
>>
>>7761239
He actually killed himself because he thought he would be stupid as a female, pretty funny.
>>
File: 104835830535.jpg (13KB, 200x250px) Image search: [Google]
104835830535.jpg
13KB, 200x250px
>rotten ADHD brain, 22 years old, never learned a programming language in my life
>closest thing I have to experience is that I tolerated autism modding files in some games
>typical lazy in high school, barely passed
>usually aced math courses with little effort/cram tactics up to multivar calculus, but dropped out
>going back to college on daddy's dime
What do fellow trannies?
>>
>>7759244
I would assume "Lisp" by itself refers to Common Lisp, since it's the only mainstream Lisp dialect these days that actually has "Lisp" in the name.
>>
File: 1412464925878.jpg (28KB, 614x383px) Image search: [Google]
1412464925878.jpg
28KB, 614x383px
I was good with computers, also my dad didn't let me pick an artist career
>When did you start?
I can't remember, when I was 13-14 I used to make shitty games with ActionScript.
Anyways, at 18 I started formally learning
C++, I guess
Brainfuck it's pretty funny tho.

As a kid I was not into computers, i was more artist, used to draw and craft stuff a lot, very creative. My family never care about but that was never a problem to me. When mom died when I was 11 all the creativity turned off, tried to come back a few times but the lack of support just lead to depression. When I wanted to study digital animation my dad and sister refuse to, so here I'm.

I'm just 19yo so I still have time to leave programming, but it's fine, it's fun at least.
Thread posts: 44
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.