[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

https://www.reddit.com/r/asktransge nder/comments/5tao9w/tra

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 3

File: average tttt poster.png (482KB, 721x431px) Image search: [Google]
average tttt poster.png
482KB, 721x431px
https://www.reddit.com/r/asktransgender/comments/5tao9w/transgirls_what_advice_do_you_have_for_transguys/
https://www.reddit.com/r/asktransgender/comments/5tu74x/transgirls_what_is_something_you_learned_growing/

how was every reddit tranny, regardless of gender, so successful and gender-conforming in their natal sex pre-transition? this can be partially explained by the fact they're all a*p, but /tttt/ is also majority agp and not like that at all
>>
>>7754229
>Ladies, when a woman is talking to you about something she is upset/angry about, unless she SPECIFICALLY ASKS for a solution to the thing making her upset/angry, don't offer her one. Just empathise with how she's feeling and what she's saying.
Fucking women. I'm so glad I'm only AGP and my brain isn't female-tier.

>A good example is when i feel down about not being able to have genetic children. I under no circumstances want to hear "but you could adopt maybe?". Just listen to me and try make me feel better. Hugs are good :)
This was an MTF so some of them are GNC.
>>
>>7754229
>>Ladies, when a woman is talking to you about something she is upset/angry about, unless she SPECIFICALLY ASKS for a solution to the thing making her upset/angry, don't offer her one. Just empathise with how she's feeling and what she's saying.
>Fucking women. I'm so glad I'm only AGP and my brain isn't female-tier.

I'm AGP and I already know to do that. It's called social skills. When someone's venting to you about their problems it's best to just be a good listener, say nice things and try to empathize with them. Trying to offer advice or solutions can easily backfire if you're not sure what you're talking about.
>>
>>7754258
>and I already know to do that.
>It's called social skills.
Hm.

>I'm AGP
You sure about that?
>>
>>7754288

Different anon, but yeah, some social skills are involved in detecting the difference between someone seeking advise and someone seeking a chance to vent. If you can't tell the difference, you're probably pissing a lot of people off.

And in my experience, this is far from a woman thing. I think that connotation mostly comes not from gender, but from hetero gender relations.
If a man is complaining to another man just seeking to vent, then venting's what happens. "My girlfriend is acting fucking crazy" is not met with a reasonable "Now now, I'm sure she didn't just go crazy for no reason, maybe you should stop and think of it from her point of view." It's met with "Fuck crazy bitches, let's get drunk!" Same when a woman complains to another woman.
But a woman complaining to a man, suddenly his lizard brain need to impress and provide for her kicks in, and he just wants to fix her problem.

Of course, actual people and interactions are a lot more complex and intuitive than any set rules, and this whole concept is really more of an exaggerated sitcom trope than a genuine phenomenon. Since, as I said, it's actually pretty fucking easy to tell if someone wants your advice or just wants your sympathy, unless you're either a condescending jackass or a spineless yes-man.
>>
>>7754373
>If you can't tell the difference, you're probably pissing a lot of people off.
Serves them right for trying to waste my time.

>"My girlfriend is acting fucking crazy" is not met with a reasonable "Now now, I'm sure she didn't just go crazy for no reason, maybe you should stop and think of it from her point of view." It's met with "Fuck crazy bitches, let's get drunk!"
Men can be idiots too I guess.

>it's actually pretty fucking easy to tell if someone wants your advice or just wants your sympathy, unless you're either a condescending jackass or a spineless yes-man.
man_asking_which_wire_to_cut.jpg
>>
>>7754390
>Serves them right for trying to waste my time.
Enjoy your autism.
>>
>>7754391
NT got triggered.
>>
>>7754373
Man I hate having autism. I know all this but actually pulling it off in a social setting is labyrinthine. It sucks so bad.
>coworker venting about her boyfriend not paying much attention to her
>say that sucks, im sorry
>queue autism
>ask if he at least makes her feel special
>yeah but usually only after i get mad at him
>well i think you should try telling him to just do it sometimes
>tfw gave autistic advice and looked autistic
>>
>>7754229
>tfw bro nod and act aloof as an mtf
Probably sabotaging myself but guys think I'm the coolest shit ever. Feels one of da boiz man
>>
>>7754736
it's actually pretty fucking easy to tell if someone wants your advice or just wants your sympathy, unless you're either a condescending jackass or a spineless yes-man.
>>
>>7754229
>Non-trans user can only live life with AGPism. Please purchase trutrans module.
>>
File: just kys me.gif (237KB, 1280x768px) Image search: [Google]
just kys me.gif
237KB, 1280x768px
>>7754229
>gender-conforming in their natal sex pre-transition
It's very simple, OP. I could never pass even if I tried and wearing girl clothes would only make me look like a clown. I don't want people to laugh at me so that's why I am "gender conforming."

I still wear boy clothes even though I am 2 years into HRT tbqh
>>
>>7754847
Im not condescending or a yes man, I just cant read social queues very well. Its not instinct, at least part of the time. I have to logically work it out, which is different than socially feeling it
Btw autistic people come off as condescending and insensitive to normal peeps
>>
>>7754247

so does acting like a bitch make you trutrans? is that the determining factor?
>>
>>7754919
It seems not >>7754258 >>7754373
>>
>>7754847

Oi! >>7754373 here, don't use my words against a literal autist. Rude! Not to mention it's neither advice nor sympathy, so in this context you're just being a judgemental douche to the poor little feller.
>>
>>7756042
You did, you judgmental douche.
>>
>>7756129
lolwut?
>>
>>7754390
Watch yourself on that edge.
>>
>>7754258
I usually don't try and help because then there's the potential that they keep talking to you and generally I don't give a shit about other people's problems lol
I'd imagine that's how most people are though. Why bother getting entangled in someone else's shit
>>
>>7754229
What? I wouldn't have considered myself "successful" as a natal female AT ALL. But I've been reading the first thread for a few minutes and not seen a single thing that you shouldn't know unless you're literally autistic.

I AM amazed at any FtM who has actually owned a purse. Would have thought it would have been virtually universal among us to have not bothered with those fucking things.
>>
>>7759582
>unless you're literally autistic.
Welcome to Reddit

But to your other point, purses are pretty convenient, man. Then again, I say that as someone who has a plethora of childhood trauma involving things falling out of my pockets and being lost forever, so maybe that's just me. And in my defence, it was more hipster messenger bags than outright purses, thank god for that trend.

Now that I think about it, a lot of proper purses are inconvenient as fuck so that argument only holds water depending on what kind's being discusses (like clutches, wtf is that bullshit, why don't you just dump your belongings in your outstretched shirt while you're at it. I swear for years I saw those things and just thought "why is that girl just holding her wallet?").
>>
>>7759582
As a trans woman who doesn't even really care about feminine stuff like that, it eventually become pretty much necessary to lug one around.
>>
>>7759582
the top comment with the bag is the only part of it that made any sense to me, i liked messenger bags a lot pre-transition (not that i don't like them now, i just have less use for them)
everything else is completely out of my depth -- regularly shopping for dresses and blouses? wearing makeup outside a stage context? communicating in the girl stereotype 'compliment everything' way? walking with your hips swinging? i was probably worse at that shit than a trans girl who just came out, and i can't comprehend being asked for advice on how to girl
where are all of these previously totally gender-conforming trannies who learned how to girl/guy without issue coming from?
>>
>>7759773
>i liked messenger bags a lot pre-transition (not that i don't like them now, i just have less use for them)
I looked up messenger bags and the pics of them being worn were men.
Thread posts: 26
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.