[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

https://thinkprogress.org/jeff-sess ions-doj-transgender-rig

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 75
Thread images: 4

File: 1486587288132.png (2MB, 1080x1110px) Image search: [Google]
1486587288132.png
2MB, 1080x1110px
https://thinkprogress.org/jeff-sessions-doj-transgender-rights-schools-fb105c1db30f#.o13sgz1uc

Another thing alt-right cowards here are desperate to ignore
>>
>>7749235
>Transgender
>Children

I kek'd
>>
>>7749235
Schools should have zero gender segregation.

All children treated the exact same.

No separate classes.

Same uniforms.

This is best for cis and trans pupils.
>>
>>7749254
I know like half a dozen in my town alone.
>>
>>7749254
what
even if you had a point about younger children, high schoolers are children
>>
>>7749270

This
>>
File: CYlKYlPU0AACtWe.png (339KB, 680x949px) Image search: [Google]
CYlKYlPU0AACtWe.png
339KB, 680x949px
>>7749235
If you treat people like villains, they may as well act like them. I voted for Trump once, and I'll vote for him a million times once he declares himself El Presidente for Life™, with a VP literally from Metal Gear Solid, a repressed general who lets out his homo frustrations through bombs, a fat Goebbels wannabe, and his personal SS the Dept of Homeland Security (which is staffed almost entirely by Irish federal goons and Italian mobsters.)

Your time has come, you smug fuck. Why don't you and the rest of your protagonists sing a catchy little song about it. Something about how love will win the day. Ahahahaha.

No but seriously, Right Wing Tranny Death Squads. You have to bully them when they're young to make them tough. And then cause them to repress until it's too late, and then when they transition they'll have superior male skeletons for squashing little bleeding hearts like yours. This isn't the only thing that goes into making a qt super soldier, obviously there are some secret proprietary steps, sugar and habanero and things like that.
>>
>thinkprogress
>transgender "rights"
>using alt-right non-ironically
>Steven Universe ever

Very low energy bait thread. Sad!

This post
>>
>>7749368

I don't even know what point you're trying to get across

>>7749448

This reeks of desperation
>>
>>7749235
>"Pence explained that he and Trump believe “concerns about which bathrooms transgender students should use can be ‘resolved’ at the local level.”
>“Washington has no business intruding on the operation of our local schools,” Pence said.

Whats wrong with this again? Why can't these issues be solved at a local or state level?
>>
>>7749721

Because they won't be, genius.

Also, any form of validation of right-winger sociopathy will only inspire them to do worse
>>
>>7749235

Who’s ignoring it? Having the federal government or other institutions try to force trans acceptance down people’s throats is part of what got you in this mess in the first place.

>>7749270

No it’s not. Humans are a dimorphic organism. Treat them accordingly.
>>
>>7750494
But things like gendered clothing are social constructs.
>>
>>7750469
>validation of right-winger sociopathy
Boy you sound totally reasonable! I'm sure you have a measured and nuanced opinion on the issue of gendered bathrooms.
>>
>>7750494
>No it’s not. Humans are a dimorphic organism. Treat them accordingly.
99% of the time that ends up meaning drastically different and discriminatory treatment for boys versus girls, based on AVERAGES, with little to no attempt to take INDIVIDUAL differences into account. It would be hell for trans people, ESPECIALLY in conservative communities - it means if you're biologically male, you're forced to act like a boy, and will be punished for refusing to do so. It ends up being less "optimizing education for boys and girls different needs" and more "forcing gender conformity and punishing anyone who deviates from it".

>>7750551
Nuance doesn't mean "be a cuck and pretend both sides are right, no matter the circumstances". It means looking at a situation logically and realizing for yourself what is right and wrong.
>>
>>7750714
>It would be hell for trans people
Trans people are a tiny minority. Treating children exactly the same because it *might* make school easier on trans kids that way is not logical.

>realizing for yourself what is right and wrong
Okay so let's talk about right and wrong. The gendered bathroom issue is that (non-passing) transgender people feel uncomfortable/unsafe in the room they look like they belong in.

But what about cis people's discomfort in the bathroom? What about the little old lady who is just trying to have a goddamn tinkle when a massive hon comes lumbering into the room and gives her a heart attack?
>>
>>7750551

Again, says the coward forced to ignore this is what alt-righters have in mind.
>>
>>7750847
What exactly is an alt-righter and what are you saying they have in mind?
>>
>>7750853

It's sad that playing ignorance is all you have left.
>>
>>7750873
I'm actually being sincere. I have heard many conflicting definitions of the "alt-right" and I really have no idea what you are implying they have in mind.
>>
>>7750885
they are going to rape and kill
>>
>>7750501
>social constructs

Yes, you tend to run into a lot of those when constructing a society.

>>7750714
>99% of the time that ends up meaning drastically different and discriminatory treatment for boys versus girls, based on AVERAGES, with little to no attempt to take INDIVIDUAL differences into account.

And for 99% of the people that is perfectly adequate. You don’t get to turn society on its head to accommodate a tiny part of the population.
>>
>>7750885

Alt-righters are basically right-wingers apologists for neo-nazi sort of policies.

Milo Yiannopoulos and Blaire White are notable LGBT alt-righters who are so desperate to stick it to sjws that they're forced to ignore shit like this.

It's pretty hilarious, actually. See how they piss themselves in fear whenever you post this on their sites
>>
>>7750936
>neo-nazi
>Milo Yiannopoulos
Milo is an annoying cunt, but he's not a neonazi. For god's sake he's a gay jew. The word neonazi is going to lose all meaning if it's thrown around willy-nilly.
>>
>>7750985
>The word neonazi is going to lose all meaning

No it won't.
It may lose the meaning you want it to mean, but that is all.
>>
>>7751035

Look at how effective the word ‘racist’ has become at cowing conservatives since liberals began using it at the drop of a hat. That’s what ‘White supremacist’, ‘fascist’, and ‘Nazi’ are going to become at this rate.
>>
>>7751035
If you can explain to me in rational terms exactly how a flamboyantly gay Jewish man that brags about having interracial sex is a neonazi, I will eat my fucking hat.
>>
>>7751047

Because he doesn’t demand that the government legitimise his lifestyle at taxpayer expense like I want it to do. :^)
>>
>>7750802
>Trans people are a tiny minority. Treating children exactly the same because it *might* make school easier on trans kids that way is not logical.
Not only trans people, but many cis people don't feel completely in line with the gender stereotypes pushed upon them. Better to let them pursue their own interests, rather than forcing anything upon them.

>Okay so let's talk about right and wrong. The gendered bathroom issue is that (non-passing) transgender people feel uncomfortable/unsafe in the room they look like they belong in.
>But what about cis people's discomfort in the bathroom? What about the little old lady who is just trying to have a goddamn tinkle when a massive hon comes lumbering into the room and gives her a heart attack?
I'm actually in favor of abolishing sex-segregation of bathrooms. There is no such thing as the right to not be uncomfortable.

>>7750920
>And for 99% of the people that is perfectly adequate. You don’t get to turn society on its head to accommodate a tiny part of the population.
Again, even many cis people don't fall in line with gender norms. Your proposed policy will cause more harm than good - even for the people it is supposed to help, it will end up alienating them from the opposite sex.

>>7751044
Conservatives aren't bothered by being called racists because they think being racist is worthy of praise. I'm not going to be intimidated into not calling people what they are.

>>7751076
Fuck all the way off with your concern trolling :)
>>
File: laughing ghost types.gif (1012KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
laughing ghost types.gif
1012KB, 480x360px
>>7751129
>I'm actually in favor of abolishing sex-segregation of bathrooms
Brilliant plan, that won't enable sex offenders at all.

>Conservatives aren't bothered by being called racists because they think being racist is worthy of praise
Yes, everyone who disagrees with you is a racist neonazi.
>>
File: ideology.gif (824KB, 500x243px) Image search: [Google]
ideology.gif
824KB, 500x243px
>>7749235
>implying the alt right doesn't want this
>implying "trump cares about LGBT" wasn't always a ruse
>>
>>7751129
>There is no such thing as the right to not be uncomfortable.

Then on what basis do you demand that bathrooms be desegregated?

>[E]ven for the people it is supposed to help, it will end up alienating them from the opposite sex.

How fucking unalienated do you have to be? We’ve had more coed interaction with each passing generation and we’ve wound up with more and more people who are both personally unhappy and unable to find stable relationships. This dream that effeminate men and masculine women would be able to meld more fluidly has proven empirically false.

>Conservatives aren't bothered by being called racists because they think being racist is worthy of praise.

Wow, you really don’t know the average Republican at all. Most of them are mortified at the thought of actually being racist. They’ve just stopped caring if you think they are, because you think they are whether they are or not.

>Fuck all the way off with your concern trolling :)

It’s not concern trolling. I’m not concerned for you. I’m just making fun of you.
>>
>>7751162
>Brilliant plan, that won't enable sex offenders at all.
Current plan does absolutely nothing to stop same-sex sex offenders at all. I have a better solution, have bathrooms divided into stalls with walls that go from the ceiling to the floor, with a lock on the door of each stall linked to an alarm system that goes off if anyone tries to force their way in while it's occupied. Also have surveillance cameras viewing the area outside the stalls. That way, it's basically impossible to rape or even spy on someone in the bathroom without setting an alarm off and getting caught on tape.

>Yes, everyone who disagrees with you is a racist neonazi.
All neonazis are racist, not all racists are neonazis.

>Then on what basis do you demand that bathrooms be desegregated?
Because there is no valid reason for the segregation. Desegregation should be the default state unless there is a reason to do so otherwise.

>
How fucking unalienated do you have to be? We’ve had more coed interaction with each passing generation and we’ve wound up with more and more people who are both personally unhappy and unable to find stable relationships. This dream that effeminate men and masculine women would be able to meld more fluidly has proven empirically false.
Lack of stable relationships is mainly because people are no longer forced into it to survive. In the past, when there were few jobs available for women, and divorces were hard to get, people had "artificial" reasons to stay in relationships, even if they didn't want to. People haven't become less satisfied with relationships, it's just that people are no longer pressured to pretend to be satisfied when they're not.
>>
>>7751178
>It’s not concern trolling. I’m not concerned for you. I’m just making fun of you.
Then fuck all the way off with your non-concern trolling :)
>>
>>7751212
>same-sex sex offenders
This is actually a valid point, but since sex offenders tend to be male, and men tend to be more capable of defending themselves, the current system seems logical. What you describe would be ideal but obviously too expensive for any business or public facility to maintain.

>All neonazis are racist, not all racists are neonazis.
You're right about that, but before you were branding all conservatives as proud racists, which is just laughably ignorant.
>>
>>7751212
>People haven't become less satisfied with relationships, it's just that people are no longer pressured to pretend to be satisfied when they're not.

Nope, we wouldn’t have a plague of >tfw no gf if that were the case, and the number of stories on this board about people settling shows how low people will stoop before preferring no relationship at all. It’s not like every single marriage in 1950s America was ‘Leave it to Beaver’ idyllic, but the greater level of discontent with the relationship scene in each successive generation is self-evident.
>>
>>7751280
Most cases of tfw no gf aren't people that are totally incapable of getting a gf, but rather can't find one that they approve of. It basically comes from being too picky; if they wanted a gf, and didn't have any standards, they could easily have one.
>>
>>7751434

What was that bit about pretending to be satisfied with relationships?
>>
>>7751510
What do you mean? When there's artificial, external pressure to enter or remain in relationships, the EXPRESSED dissatisfaction with relationships will be proportionally lower compared to the actual rate.
>>
>>7749235
>Transpeople using their preferred gender locker rooms and playing on their preferred gender sports teams in anything but the most liberal of settings.

Yeah thats a fucking disaster waiting to happen. I grew up in a rural town and I remember the boys locker room, it was a zoo of inbred testosterone-addled chads playing grabass and lashing out at any hits of effeminacy and weakness. Any ftm going into that won't come out whole.
>>
>>7749235
Good. This is good
>>
>>7751582
No, it isn't.
>>
>>7750494
>No it’s not.
Yes it is.

>Humans are a dimorphic organism. Treat them accordingly.
Name one single way boys and girls are treated differently that is "accordingly" to their physical differences.

Protip: You can't.
>>
>>7750714
>drastically different and discriminatory treatment for boys versus girls, based on AVERAGES, with little to no attempt to take INDIVIDUAL differences into account.
No, gendered treatment is not based on averages OR individuals. It is FOR THE PURPOSE of making them conform to stereotypes.

>>7750802
>Treating children exactly the same because it *might* make school easier on trans kids
It makes it better for ALL kids, cis and trans.

>>7750920
>And for 99% of the people that is perfectly adequate.
No it isn't, it is failing ALL kids to treat them like that.
>>
>>7751523

Lowering your standards because nobody who meets them is an utterly external pressure.

>>7751930
>Yes it is.

Oh shit, well when you put it that way.

>Name one single way boys and girls are treated differently that is "accordingly" to their physical differences.

Different physical education requirements and focuses during sex ed, for one, but most of the differences are mental. Brain are dimorphic too. Nobody would be trans if they weren’t.

>Protip: You can't.

Oops.

>No, gendered treatment is not based on averages OR individuals. It is FOR THE PURPOSE of making them conform to stereotypes.

No, it’s lending the benefit of wisdom and experience to a process of growth that’s extremely haphazard and difficult. It’s failing children NOT to teach boys to be men and girls to be women.
>>
>>7752024
>>>No it’s not.
>>Yes it is.
>Oh shit, well when you put it that way.
See the problem?

>Different physical education requirements
You think the physical differences between kids justifies >>7752681 ?

>and focuses during sex ed,
Because god forbid a girl hears how a penis works or a boy learns what periods are? Unless you're imagining the entire school is gays and lesbians you're doing nothing but taking the ed out of sex ed.

>for one,
And the others are?

>but most of the differences are mental. Brain are dimorphic too. Nobody would be trans if they weren’t.
So what are you suggesting, coursework for the girls and exams for the boys "because sexual dimorphism"?

That is vague nonsense and has nothing to do with the ways boys and girls are discriminated. You invent justifications like that which have zero relevance to what we are talking about, like classes and uniforms.

>No, it’s lending the benefit of wisdom and experience to a process of growth that’s extremely haphazard and difficult.
What wisdom and experience? Your argument is tradition for the sake of tradition, no substance whatsoever.

>It’s failing children NOT to teach boys to be men and girls to be women.
This is the truth of your goal. To force the same gender roles that were forced onto you onto the next generation. God forbid children should get to be children and make their own choices about their lives.
>>
>>7751950
>No, gendered treatment is not based on averages OR individuals. It is FOR THE PURPOSE of making them conform to stereotypes.
Those stereotypes are generally formed based on average. When enforcing the stereotypes does is it pushes people to be more like that average, when the "natural" average is a composite, not some template that every individual should conform to.

>>7752024
>Lowering your standards because nobody who meets them is an utterly external pressure.
But that's not what I'm talking about. The dating pool was always shitty for most people, the difference is that previously, things like marriage and dependence meant that marrying someone disgusting was better than not marrying at all. Now that society doesn't make marriage as compulsory, people aren't going to marry people they don't like.
>>
>>7749721
Because that means that location dictates what you can and can't do, and not everybody has the money to move to a different town.

Schools are a government-funded institution and should be free of local bias. That's why you can't teach religious faith in a public school.

> inb4 schools are state funded so states should choose
8% of all school funding is federal
https://www2.ed.gov/about/overview/fed/role.html
>>
>>7752899
States have to religiously neutral and ought to be gender neutral too. It's shameful that they aren't and ought to be considered unconstitutional.
>>
>>7749235
Of course he did, and with that retarded cunt DeVos, or whatever the fuck running her name is, the Department or Education, you can guarantee that all federal protections for LGBT students will be revoked ASAP. Why? Because
>muh imaginary sky jew
>>
>>7752972
>that retarded cunt DeVos
Isn't she interested in fixing some of the anti-male bias in education?
>>
>>7753011
>Palin-level embarrassments are now being defended by the alt-right
>>
>>7753016
Not alt right, but I guess you're an SJW if you don't care about those issues?
>>
>>7751212
Exactly were im from they have stalls just like that, they also play music fairly loud so people can take a shit without the fear of others hearing them.

Honestly gendered bathrooms are like a middle eastern thing it reminds of how they segregate men and women when they pray, we used to shit and piss out side in the wild and now people like Christians are literally claiming this is a sign of end days.
>>
Sessions supports gay marriage though. The 'T' is orthogonal. This is our (LGB) time, motherfuckers. We don't give a shit about your bathrooms we just want Mudslimes kept out.
>>
>>7750936

>neo-nazi

Opinion discarded.
>>
>>7751230
>This is actually a valid point, but since sex offenders tend to be male, and men tend to be more capable of defending themselves, the current system seems logical.
"Screw the men, we women have got ours." Typical feminist attitude.

>What you describe would be ideal but obviously too expensive for any business or public facility to maintain.
Of course no price is too much to pay for what you want for women. You would never accept "We can't afford two bathrooms" as an excuse for a unisex facility.
>>
>>7749235
"Obama administration’s guidance “stated that Title IX’s nondiscrimination protections on the basis of ‘sex’ protect transgender students in accordance with their gender identity, such that they must be allowed to use the bathrooms and play on sports teams that match their gender."

lmao i can't believe this thing almost flew. really? in legalese gender identity = gender now? god.

just fucking use the bathroom of the gender you pass as, it's not fucking hard
>>
>>7755374
The thing is, you can't really legally enforce or allow people to use the bathroom they pass as without making the law to be free choice. The only other legal alternative is to go by legal gender or gender at birth, both of which fuck a lot of people over.
>>
>>7755392
god i knew someone would bring up legality. is there a fucking bouncer at the door? no. you guys are squabbling over shit that the VAST MAJORITY of the time doesnt matter cause 1) someone would have to be SO bothered by you being there they call the cops (AND the cops get there before you leave the building) and 2) (which is really an extension of 1) theyd have to clock you being in the ~wrong~ bathroom or whatever

we shouldn't legally enforce bathroom gender segregation in the first place (it should be a convenience at best, not a right) but people are treating "trannies getting arrested in the bathroom" as a legit epidemic when it's not. but trans slackivists want as much state sponsored validation as possible so here we are...
>>
Man Texas is a shitty place to be LGBT
>>
>>7753011
>>7753054
The only anti-male bias I've seen in the public school system is that many of the staff seem to think it's perfectly normal for males to be subject to bullying and are unwilling to do anything about it. I suspect that the GOP and alt-right would characterize the kind of formal anti-bullying measures it would take to put a stop to this as "punishing normal male behavior" and saying that bullying is necessary to stop degeneracy.

>>7755374
>just fucking use the bathroom of the gender you pass as, it's not fucking hard
That would be useless as legislation though because there's no objective measure of passability. If you're on the border between passing and not, you'll end up not being able to use either bathroom without potentially getting in trouble. And all attempts at putting a passing-based policy into practice, namely TERFs going vigilante and stopping trans women trying to use the ladies' room, 99% of the "non-passable trans women" they accost end up being butch cis women.
>>
>>7756179
>the GOP
>alt-right
What are you talking about? Do you know DeVos's policy or not?
>>
>>7756214
Do you? It's common knowledge that she has had zero involvement with the public school system and doesn't have a background in education. I'd say it's on you to explain why she would be a good choice for the position.
>>
>>7756349
No, that's why I asked, twice. I heard she was possibly going to be doing something about some of the anti-male bias, but I have no idea exactly what. Since you apparently don't either, what's with the scaremongering about the "alt-right", as though /pol/ is somehow writing US education policy?
>>
The actions taken by Obama's executive were illegal, inventing "law" out of thin air. Unless you're fine with government fabricating law at their whim, then this should be a good thing. If you want this interpretation as law, get it passed in the legislature. Until then, it's not law, it's the headcanon of whatever unelected bureaucrat cooked it up.

Or are you one of those folks who thinks it's okay when someone you agree with politically defies checks and balances but yelp when your enemies do? You'll never control the government 100% of the time, so any benefit you give your allies will fall to your enemy come election time.

Remember, rule of law is infinitely preferable to rule of men, because you won't control the mechanisms of government forever, like the last election. Think of A Man for all Seasons.

>"What would you do? Cut a great road through the law to get after the Devil? ... And when the last law was down, and the Devil turned round on you – where would you hide, Roper, the laws all being flat? This country is planted thick with laws from coast to coast, Man's laws, not God's, and if you cut them down – and you're just the man to do it – do you really think you could stand upright in the winds that would blow then? Yes, I give the Devil benefit of law, for my own safety's sake!"
>>
>>7756674
That quote is why I support the North Carolina law. The left must be shown that it cuts both ways.
>>
>>7756705
That's a stupid reason to support a stupid law
>>
>>7756712
Reap what you have sown!
>>
>>7751547
>it was a zoo of inbred testosterone-addled chads playing grabass and lashing out at any hits of effeminacy and weakness.

Sounds hot AF. Shame I was home schooled.
>>
Sessions isn't alt right lmao
Trump isn't alt right
No senator, congressman, supreme court judge, or even cabinet member of Trump's is alt right
>>
>>7759079
Nice alternative facts you've got there.
>>
>>7751547
>>Transpeople using their male locker rooms and playing on male sports teams in anything but the most liberal of settings.

>Yeah thats a fucking disaster waiting to happen. I grew up in a rural town and I remember the boys locker room, it was a zoo of inbred testosterone-addled chads playing grabass and lashing out at any hits of effeminacy and weakness. Any trans person going into that won't come out whole.

more like this desu
>>
>>7758672
>Shame I was home schooled.
What was that like?
>>
>>7751230
>but since sex offenders tend to be male, and men tend to be more capable of defending themselves, the current system seems logical.
Feminists support prison rape then whine about "rape culture"!
Thread posts: 75
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.