[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why do trans people not accept the biological reality that they'll

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 39
Thread images: 2

File: 1480929078329.jpg (10KB, 260x206px) Image search: [Google]
1480929078329.jpg
10KB, 260x206px
Why do trans people not accept the biological reality that they'll never be cis?

All i see is trannies proclaiming "no difference besides chromosomes" that cause the discrepancies between males and females. Why can't you accept this?
>>
>>7748989
the fact we recognize chromosomes as a difference should make it pretty clear we know we're not cis
there's a middle ground between going full blaire 'i am and will always be an [x] who chooses to become a [y]' and going full riley 'i have literally always been a [y] and there is no difference at all between me and all other [y]s in the world', and the vast majority of trans people occupy it
i was born female and developed that way for some of my adolescence, certainly, and i more likely than not have a 46,xx karyotype (never had it checked so can't be sure), but having a male hormone balance for some time and a total lack of estrogen for even longer means my body has developed -- in some ways pubertally -- in a male way down to an epigenetic level, and denying that is not only stupid but could be dangerous in the wrong context (e.g. medical treatment performed on me that's safer in women/estrogen than men/testosterone)
also, blaire/riley sex tape when?
>>
>>7749002
>i more likely than not have a 46,xx karyotype

this is an example, you make all these assumptions without fact
>>
>>7748989
I think it's obvious to most trans people that they'll never be cis. Cis is the opposite of trans so being trans means you'll never be cis.

It's not that hard.
>>
>>7749002
also males do have estrogen, it's just in low levels
>>
>>7749013
i was on hormone blockers for 2.5 years, so i was without estrogen for that time
>>
Look at all these doctors stating the cold hard facts
>>
>>7749023
I think these facts are neither cold nor hard. It's just how it is.
>>
>>7748989
Chromosomes aren't the difference between a "biological" male or female, it's their reproductive system.
>>
>>7749010
Are you fucking dull? They were born a girl, with a vagina, chances are they can safely assume that they have XX chromosomes.
>>
>>7749038
Specifically what makes an organism biologically male or female is what gametes they produce.
If you don't produce sperm, you're not biologically male. If you don't produce eggs, you're not biologically female.
>>
>>7749294

Don't say that. What about unfortunate women who had ovary cancer or men who had testicular cancer. If they had the organs removed they wouldn't be considered men or women anymore.
>>
>>7749294
Isn't that just goalpost moving though? Since ovary transplants will probably be possible in the far future, etc
>>
>>7749314
They aren't biologically though.

Part of my point is that "hard biological fact" has hardly any real impact on societal standing. Those people still continue to live as women or men.
>>
>>7749322
Wouldn't that mean that gender has always been a social construct which is only informed by one's implied biological capabilities?
>>
>>7749322

Biological fact has a huge impact on personal mental health though. That's why people get depression after operations or why gender dysphoria exists.
>>
>>7749314
>>7749038
You are categorically wrong. You are using the word biological like you know what it means. There are people that are sterile yet are still men or women. If they can't produce a gamete they don't magically become some third gender. Moreso I can make gametes of either sex out of skin cell now, does that make me both female and male? No because that's retarded. Chromosomes are almost the difference but it's specifically gene clusters on the y chromosome that differentiate men from woman. Everyone is a woman but the y chromosome, or x if there's been a weird cross over event, has a set of genes that cause dimerization of protiens ending up in a male child.

t.degree in cellular molecular biology
>>
>>7749339

I said what you said with less words so I'm wrong? You're a fucking idiot.
>>
File: fishingemptywaters.png (24KB, 625x626px) Image search: [Google]
fishingemptywaters.png
24KB, 625x626px
>>7748989
>>
>>7748989
>>7749294

If a man has female chromosomes, hormones and reproductive system, how are they not cis females? Because the latter could easily happen within our lifetimes.
>>
>>7749379
T. Indenial fugly hon

>>7748989
They just tricking their mind. It'll be gone once they kill themselves. I don't really mind the "nature" removing these beta subhumans. It's for the best.
>>
I've settled myself into the camp of people who insist that we're neither male nor female on a biological level after years of HRT because of the vast number of changes that occur and the permanency of some of them (Not that they aren't all truly permanent changes, it's hard for me to imagine any genuinely Transperson being able to cope without). That's why the surgeries are so important, to make that last leap. Even still it's not perfectly one or the other, just the vast majority of the one changed to.
>>
>>7749294
>If you don't produce sperm, you're not biologically male
>tfw don't produce sperm anymore
>tfw not a biological male
biological sex fags btfo
>>
>>7749712
Things like this make me so glad I'm post-op.
>>
>>7749730
you're no less male just because you inverted your dick
>>
>>7750104
Sorry cuntboy, don't produce sperm = not male, I don't make the rules.
>>
>>7748989
>All i see is trannies proclaiming "no difference besides chromosomes"
Where, you strawmanning faggot?

Biological sex affects basically every tissue of the human body. That's actually probably why trans people exist, sexual dimorphism in a couple of key areas of the brain (like the limbic system) going haywire.

I have never seen anyone say this, ever. I HAVE said in the past that the sex of my body is moot unless I am sleeping with you; and especially once I'm very passable, nothing but my chromosomes is left to "worry" about, and you're an idiot if you do. I'm tired of hearing cis tranny-haters carry on about "muh chromosomes," because you can't see my chromosomes and they're irrelevant to you. Technically, much of the rest of my body is also sexed contra my gender identity - but I can either change that with hormones, or disguise that.

Being this obsessed with our biological sex doesn't reflect on us, it reflects on you. You want an excuse to be a dickweasel and say LOL BUT SCIENCE.
>>
>>7749375
You didn't say what they said. You weren't even close.

t. someone with reading comprehension
>>
>>7750113
this is an example of how delusional you people are
>>
>>7750313

I said you shouldn't tell people that if they don't make eggs or semen they aren't women or men because sometimes people have to get their bits removed. You said the same thing plus Jabberwocky. Either you're an idiot or you replied to the wrong person.
>>
>>7748989
>Why do trans people not accept the biological reality that they'll never be cis?
uhhh
we do though?

I know I'm not cis, but that's not really important
>>
trans bodies don't need to live up to cis standards.
>>
>>7750383
That wasn't me, and the two of you said completely different things.
>>
>>7750354
>get btfo by your own argument
>"trannies are delusional because they're better at logic than I am"
>>
>>7750400
Yeah they do, the fact that you're not actually cis is immutable, but if you settle for less than cis standards then of course you'll end up a hon.
>>
this feels like queer bate, but allow me to shine some light, transgenders realise they arent cis gender, because theyre TRANS gender
>>
'Trannies are so sad, lmao. You're just a crossdresser injecting hormones and chopping your dick off.

You're not fooling anyone.
>>
>>7751106
>You're not fooling anyone.
haha i can totally clock any tranny, it's so easy, nobody passes xDDDD
>what is confirmation bias
>>
>>7750767
you think the production of sperm is the only factor in the determination of a male, then call others out for the lack of logic

I never hated trannies, not one bit, but after spending some time on Reddit and 4chan, I would happily sign a bill that proposes the extermination of all
Thread posts: 39
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.