[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>new transgirl (couple months HRT) What do I need to learn?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2

File: image.jpg (70KB, 738x408px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
70KB, 738x408px
>new transgirl (couple months HRT)

What do I need to learn?
I.e. Makeup tips, not dressing like a stereotypical tranny, and anything else you had to learn yourself when starting out
>>
Don't be fat.
>>
>>7744735
i didn't bother with makeup untilk about 1 year in because i thought it was boring
started to like it more now though and try to learn things slowly
learn to how apply eyeliner and a foundation i guess, that's the basics of the very basic
also don't wear things with spaghetti straps as your wide shoulders will be obvious
>>
>>7744916
Don't be fat is just good advice whether you're trans or not really

>>7744999
Whenever I use liquid (felt pen?/brush?) liner it always ends up too large and when I use pencil liner it feels impossible to get a bold line. I'm practising but still have no clue how that works
>>
>>7745084
they sell eyeliner pots if you're real particular about it, apply it with a brush (takes a while, but looks meticulous)
if not you can find thin felt tip liquid liner markers
i know nyx has a range of tip sizes available and they're drug store cheap
>>
>>7744999
Eyeliner should be the last thing you learn, the required precision feels like doing brain surgery.
I believe the easy basics are foundation, concealer, lip balm (don't need lip gloss), and mascara
If you need more than that to pass, you're a hon.
>>
>>7745248
i thought eyeliner looked nice so i started that right away, i think i'm kind of decent at it now at least
i mostly hang out with guys anyway and they don't know shit so it doesn't matter i guess
>>
>>7744735
Makeup tip: stay away from bright colors, for both eyeshadows and lipsticks. It'll take a while before you learn what works for you, and the easiest way to clock an MtF is their mismatched "look I got into mommy's purse!" makeup.
Stick to light pinks for lips and nudes for eyeshadow.
>>
>>7745493
This! Most ppl can clock trans girls purely from their bright red lipstick and bright metallic eyeshadow

Other tips would include
- wearing false lashes (ardell makes great ones)
- shop at basic topshop, forever 21 and h&m to mimic fashionable passable trans celebrities
- getting eyebrows threaded
-learn to tuck and buy false boobs
- get a mani and pedi and maintain them
- learn to dance a little
- don't try too hard to be feminine
>>
File: You-The-Real-MVP-2.jpg (27KB, 620x413px) Image search: [Google]
You-The-Real-MVP-2.jpg
27KB, 620x413px
>>7747243
This has been one of the most helpful threads I've ever seen on here.
>>
>>7745084
>>7744916
Well shit, I already fucked up.
>>
>>7747895
/r/fatlogic on reddit should cure you of being fat or of thinking you can't be not-fat
>>
>>7747378
Not OP, but I agree, all the advice thus far is helpful to keep in mind. I'm 3 months into transitioning and still struggle with stuff like this.
>>
>>7747905
whoa, a whole 3 months? I didn't know transpeople existed that long
>>
Are there any groups where people encourage each other to maintain a basic effort into their look? Like makeup, proper hair care, watching what you eat, etc. Surely this can't all be done with an individuals willpower
>>
>>7747940
Is this sarcasm?
>>
>>7747984
no i was thinking maybe there was a discord or skype group or something
>>
>>7747378
>>7747905
Here's some more tips I've picked up since you've all been so nice :)

- Pick the right shampoo for your hair type and don't wash every single day using Batiste Dry Shampoo in between
- For those with fucked up masc hairlines(80% of us..) use Alpecin caffeine liquid to help with growth on balding spots though HRT fixes most of this
- Have a basic skin routine at the very least consisting of Exfoliating scrub,Toner, Tea-Tree Oil and Rose-Hip Oil for acne scarring
- Have a designer perfume for both seasons and Day/Night
- Always carry mints, tinted lip-balm, moisturiser and make-up backups + tissues
- Goes without saying but eat healthy and take smaller bites as too many girls stuff their mouths by habit
- Don't buy heels from Target, Pleaser or other crossdressing/stripper sites. Look around at Macys or wherever is mid-range for a cute modern 3-inch pair that fits you well.

Happy shopping!
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.