[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why does this always happen. Somone who puts no effort into their

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 4

File: Whhhy.jpg (29KB, 473x272px) Image search: [Google]
Whhhy.jpg
29KB, 473x272px
Why does this always happen. Somone who puts no effort into their voice etc trying to represent the community. Talking about bathrooms and surgery. These aren't the day to day issues for most trans people. They are tropes.

When was the last time you had someone ask you what bathroom you use or if you had surgery/are going to? (I will include video link in next post. 4 Chan making it difficult. )
>>
This is the link Why does this always happen. Somone who puts no effort into their voice etc trying to represent the community. Talking about bathrooms and surgery. These aren't the day to day issues for most trans people. They are tropes.

When was the last time you had someone ask you what bathroom you use or if you had surgery/are going to? I will include video link in next post. 4 Chan making it difficult.

facebook dot (you know what followed by)
/attn/videos/1281656635203126/

remove the spaces (4 chan keeps flagging it as spam because the default link was a facebook video so then I tried making a tiny url but still no dice.) Anyway.... Not spam.
>>
>>7736883
Because they're the ones it matters to.

People who pass don't care and don't have to care - no one tries to throw them out of bathrooms.
It's the ones who sound and look like men going into the women's who have the issue, so naturally they're the ones who whine the loudest.
>>
>>7736883
>When was the last time you had someone ask you what bathroom you use
i think the bathroom issue gets overstated too, but that's not what it is
the bathroom issue is 'well i need to piss and i present as male so i should go into the men's room but i have no idea if people around me think i'm a 14 year old boy or a butch dyke and i do not want to be the second coming of that dude who got 'tranny' carved into his chest' or 'i present as female but i'm too bdd to know if i'm passing or not and i don't want to get kicked out of the bathroom for being seen as an evil rapist'
>>
>>7736896
I mean that does sound like there is an easy solution to that problem. Putting in some effort most people can sound at least quasi passable.

Also that implies random conversions happen in the women's room more than they do as well. I'm passable but I still don't loiter in the womens room trying to test my vocal prowess with passers by.

I get that it matters to them, but selecting the lowest common denominator to represent the community about an issue that most cis women really don't even care to make an issue of is not the right idea. All that does is cement the idea that trans people exist a certain immutable way, and that comes of being very confrontational.

The name of the game is blending. As much as you can, and in reality the amount of time the average person spends in public washrooms doesn't really equate to all that much. Even cis women do their best to blend in with the crowd to an extent. The fact that some transwomen expect to be able to not have to DOES express a privilege they are trying to enforce.

I am very much in support of everyone being who they are, as they are. However, I recognize that in our situation the best thing we can do at the moment is put our best foot forward and try and show them how similar we are, not how different.

That is why I take issue with them representing the community.

I think if it was a case of if only sometimes video/content makers used unpassing transwomen to present issues it wouldn't be so bad. Except they seem to ALWAYS go out of their way to find the people who still are either early in their transition or who don't try to fit in to use as their figureheads.
>>
>>7736898
^ Yeah no one wants or deserves this.

Equating trans people to just bathrooms and surgery makes us look one dimensional. None of the public stuff talks about dyphoria, or getting stared at in the grocery store. You know the real every day shit.
>>
>>7736942
They represent it because the others don't care.
The people you can find to talk out are the ones who have the problem and who can't go to the bathroom without sideways glances and judgement.

Ones who don't get that, who pass, don't want to out themselves and associate with the problem when they don't suffer it.
And can you blame them?
>>
>>7736898
>'i present as female but i'm too bdd to know if i'm passing or not and i don't want to get kicked out of the bathroom for being seen as an evil rapist'

Fuck this so much. I'm 15 months in and pass more than I fail, but I'm so terrified of running into that one woman who shrieks RAPIST and then I have a nervous breakdown/get arrested.

I just throw on a huge coat and try to get in and out of the men's room ASAP without being seen until I can get my information changed.
>>
File: stealth.jpg (170KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
stealth.jpg
170KB, 1024x768px
>>7736947
So do you think the stealth people owe it to the community to come forward and act as figureheads?

I mean they are only able to be where they are now because of the hons who had to endure the true hardship before them. (back when surgery and medicine was far more dangerous and shitty than it is now.)

What are some issues you would want talked about instead? How would you present them?
>>
>>7736950
Are you in the states? If so I am sorry for you to need to have the ID. In Canada ID doesn't matter for bathroom stuffs. People could still yell, but we are actually protected legally now here.
>>
>>7736969
Yep. I mean at least in my state it's super easy to change your ID/Birth Cert it just takes time. I'm going to be printing out the forms tomorrow.

I just want to get this done before I get my brains smashed into a sink. I can't hide my face and the looks are getting real wtf when I do get spotted.

>>7736960
You know I don't know how I feel on this myself. If I was perfectly stealth I wouldn't want to do it either, but then at the same time it's hard to understand not having a shred of empathy and living with the guilt of letting things degrade in front of your eyes.

I think people just need better education on the reality behind what transpeople are, more simple facts and less feels and wishes and other things that are too easy to disregard. That and actively working to show younger transitioners as they really are. Removing the fear and mystery surrounding us will go a long way.
>>
There were like two trans women with perfectly passing voices?
>>
File: 1328840667468.jpg (29KB, 570x364px) Image search: [Google]
1328840667468.jpg
29KB, 570x364px
stealth is dangerous, it just gets you killed by yugoslavians
>>
File: 1486393938146.jpg (769KB, 2000x3000px) Image search: [Google]
1486393938146.jpg
769KB, 2000x3000px
>>7736883
They are far more representative of trannies than some passing 8/10
>>
>>7736942
>The fact that some transwomen expect to be able to not have to DOES express a privilege they are trying to enforce.
The only privilege is being able to blend in. That's a privilege of cis people and stealth passers, not not the unpassing transwomen you want to exclude.
>>
>>7736883
I have never had anyone not in my family ask any questions about me being trans even when I was out. That's probably because I work my ass off and do a good job to pass instead of expecting the world to change for me.
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.