[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Any trannies here afraid to go into female dominated professions

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 1

File: 1486530871845.gif (994KB, 853x480px) Image search: [Google]
1486530871845.gif
994KB, 853x480px
Any trannies here afraid to go into female dominated professions despite wanting to?

I'm passing yet I'm still terrified.
>>
>>7736746
I just don't want to be a whore or a secretary, thanks.
>>
>>7736788
I'm not sure you answered the question, but thanks anon.
>>
>>7736746
Sort of. I'm on hormones but not socially transitioned. I love the field and pretty much everyone in it has been nice, but feel like I will never really fit in, or "be a good fit" due to being seen as male, and feel like I'm setting myself up for failure. I am trying to not let it get me down before I get my degree, but all I see in my future is a trail of emails with "we chose another candidate who was a better fit", and being permanently grouped in with the men.
>>
>>7736746
Why are you scared, anon?
>>
>>7736746
>tfw tranny and i'm going into a female dominated profession and i've always wanted to do so
>>
>>7737675
Family has bullied me for it heavily, and I'm afraid anyone who knows I'm trans will too. They said it's just me trying to validate my gender feels and I'd suck at it because I'm a man. It's not true, but it hurts to hear anyone say that.
>>
>>7736746
>>7738467
Which profession?
>>
>>7738500
Nursing.
>>
>>7738506
That nursing is female-dominated at all is just down to sexism. No offense but your family sounds like a bunch of jerk.
>>
>>7738506
Nursing is for babies (ha)
>>
>>7738593
My family are the worst, most degrading people I've ever known. Of course they would be sexist.
>>
>>7738622
I'm sorry. For what it's worth I think you shouldn't let the haters hold you back from pursuing your dream. You've come this far, right? Why stop here?
>>
>most female workplace you can imagine
>closet ftm
>tfw
>>
>>7738908
rip. At least you're not MTF Programmer tier.
>>
im a trans girl and im gonna be a doctor so suck it
>>
>>7738755
Yeah, I'm trying to get over these feelings, hence the thread. I shouldn't let awful people decide my life. Thanks anon.
>>
>>7738990

Pediatrician? That's female dominated too, anon.
>>
>>7744331
Why did I get a male one? I got a bullshit diagnosis of ADHD, nothing of my MDD or GD... fucking cunts
>>
>>7738983
What's wrong with mtf programmers?
>mtf
>software engineer
>afraid of what people at work will say or do if they knew i'm not just feminine guy, but mtf in transition
>>
I'm a dental hygienist. If you pass well other women generally accept you as one of them. Of course I don't know what they say behind my back, but I think they're being genuine.
>>
>>7745200

If he's old, then that's the reason. It hasn't been very long that women started entering pediatrics in such numbers.

>>7745343

I got triggered by the hygienists when I went in for a cleaning a year ago. They were saying shit like "Mi amor," "Mija," and other stuff to each other while they were taking my x-rays. Made me feel like a faggot male that could never fit in among cis women, especially not even among my own ethnicity, Latinas.
>>
>>7745544
What's mija? Isn't that a female gendered word?
>>
>>7745638

It's a contraction of "mi hija."
>>
>>7745663
Oh I misunderstood. I thought they were calling you mija at first.
>>
im gonna go into law
more females than males are graduating nowadays but idk if its female dominated
at least not yet
>>
>>7745301
Nothing. It's just a stereotype and people are sometimes jerks over it.
>>
>>7744331
im too early to decide what i want to specialize in but i really geek out on cardiology stuff, like electrocardiology with the ecg's n shit

but theres so much u know

psychiatry is something i've thought about, i kinda like talking to people you know
>>
>>7745707
Make sure you're very emotionally resilient to other people if you go into psychiatry.

A lot of my friend have worked in that field, and a lot of them have ended up quitting because they of the emotional burden it carries.
>>
>>7745731
i get it

it must be so easy to go in there thinking you can solve everyone's problems but then it'll all pile up on you and you have your own problems too and some people are just resilient to treatment

i mean that goes for all specialties but psychiatry might be among the hardest because of how fragile the human mind really is
>>
>>7745707

Do psychiatrists actually bother with talk therapy these days? The only thing the psychiatrist who diagnosed me with GID seemed interested in giving me in addition to the diagnosis was sleeping meds or antidepressants.
>>
>>7745821
lol i dont know much about that but i'd imagine self respecting psychiatrists would take their time to talk with you before slapping you in the face with pills
>>
>>7736746
Try transitioning in one
>>
>>7738506
Did Nursing. Super shit.

RNs are gonna have a real tough time in the future due to importing gooks from asia.

Australia?
>>
>>7745829
psychiatry is by definition slapping you in the face with pills
only psychologists do talk therapy
>>
>>7738467
"You're doing something that would statistically make sense if trans is a real thing? You're a lying cross dresser!" Brilliant logic from the people around you.
Thread posts: 36
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.