[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

For those who are "female": The overwhelming majority

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1

For those who are "female":

The overwhelming majority of drugs are tested on male rats before human trials.

Human "women" experience 2x the rate of adverse side-effects from medicines.

fyi
>>
>men are willing to be guinnea pigs to keep others safe
>this is a problem
learn a bit of grattitude
>>
>>7733022
>men suffer and die
>zero gratitude
>"omg why are there so many trans women these days?"
what a mystery
>>
>>7733052
>have it be statistically probable that around .1% of the population will end up as trans due to epigenetic factors
>"omg why are there so many trans women these days?"
>>
>>7733003
Are the physiological differences between men and women really that big?
>>
>>7735625
That depends massively on the kind of drug. Though it is hard to know if that drug will effect the two sexes so differently if they do not do female testing early on and in similar numbers to male testing.
>>
>>7733003
It was common in the past to do that, but it's not really common anymore with newer drug regulations. Most of the birth control from pre-1970 ended up having severe epigenetic effects (at the time epigenetics was not discovered) and destroyed many generations of kids so ever since then they've altered the process quite a bit.
>>
>>7735652
>destroyed many generations of kids so ever since then they've altered the process quite a bit.
what happened to these kids? Or is this Thalidomide babies?
>>
>>7735714
http://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S0306987714003521
>>
>>7735742
thanks!
>>
>>7735783
Should also remember the average cost of passing FDA regulations now is roughly $300mil-1bil per drug release in addition to whatever was spent on research. Less than 10% of drugs get approval, at least according to actual statistics. I've seen weird news articles saying the FDA is approving literally everything yet you look at Gilead and other big pharma market reports and they report less than 9% success on average. So I'd rather believe the pharma companies since they wouldn't lie to investors about lack of success.
The idea is by making the process so ridiculously expensive that companies are less likely to apply unlikely successful drugs. Not saying I agree with the concept but that's how it's supposed to work.

These days it's very rare you ever see a drug hit phase 1 without ovariectomized, orchidectomized, and broad-range receptor knockout mice for like 2-3 generations. This is kind of a new thing though. Probably within the past 17-20 years or so has this been a very common thing due to rising costs of actually getting drug approvals.
So lots of stuff is still out there that didn't have this done. Stuff like finasteride for example nobody really tested it very much which is why now men are bitching about how an obvious antiandrogen caused sexual dysfunction and whatnot.
>>
>>7735742
What have you got against ASD people? Would you say the same about something correlated with homosexuality?
>>
>>7736195
There's nothing against it what are you even talking about? It's just something that happened.
This is actually decreasing in prevalence because they test for it nowadays.
>>
>>7736232
You claimed is "destroyed" kids. Being aspie is hardly having your life destroyed.
>>
>>7733063
you haven't got a clue have you
>>
>>7736232

You mean test to see if a baby will be born autistic and then abort if they will?
>>
>>7744359
No they test developmental exposure to drugs during the approval process now
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.