[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I have a question, /legbutts/. Are something like non-binary,

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 3

File: Ruster_BenNewman.png (184KB, 247x699px) Image search: [Google]
Ruster_BenNewman.png
184KB, 247x699px
I have a question, /legbutts/. Are something like non-binary, genderfluid or whatever shit people associate with tumblr snowflakes really exist? I mean I used to think asexuals were a meme but it seems there people who are actually like that. There still people who think being trans is just something hipsters do for fun of it. Maybe there is some truth to the whole gender-whatever thing, even if it seems irrelevant.
>>
File: greentext.jpg (8KB, 174x186px) Image search: [Google]
greentext.jpg
8KB, 174x186px
>DSM-V recognizes non-binary genders as valid
>people still think they're just SJW snowflake shit
>>
>>7727098
>psychiatry is a hard science, and science is something no one should ever question the validity of.

That's the same "logic" religious fundamentalists use when they're beating people over the head with their holy books.

You might as well light some candles around your holy DSM-V and pray to it.
>>
>>7727121
Yeah, because a book written in protolanguages to explain to various tribes how to survive using allegories of magic is totally equivalent to a peer-reviewed manual used by medical experts after careful consideration and experimentation.

And even if you did throw out science, you'd lose any argument to discredit non-binary genders, since the only argument anyone ever gives is a shallow understanding of biology and "muh two biosexes".
>>
>>7727098
So how does it work exactly? Are those people with gender disphoria who kinda transition but don't see themselves as the opposite of their birth gender? Are they people who feel the need to present different gender on different days? I'm genuinely curios.
>>
tfw all the non binary people I know just take full hormone does that are the same as binary transpeople/dress as almost entirely as the opposite sex. Yet just call themselves something different.

It is really hard to take most of them seriously.

Also it just so happens that their gender aside most of the ones I know ARE SJWs.

Almost most all of them have also reported local businesses and got in the newspaper about transphobia they experienced, that binary trans people just shrug off.
>>
>>7727215
The first one, generally. For example, many agender people will take hormones of the opposite birth sex for just a few months to make themselves more androgynous. They have dysphoria for their birth sex but don't want to completely be the opposite sex either.

The second thing you said was "genderfluid", and as far as I can tell in my research it's not really a thing recognized by doctors so it may very well be SJW snowflake shit or a serious mental illness.
>>
>>7727227
presentation != identity
>>
>>7727215
There are many different kinds of nonbinary people, with different specics.

As >>7727235 says, agender people will do stuff to make themselves more androgynous. But it's worth emphasizing that most agender people wish to essentially disemphasize their gendered traits. So they are more likely to want e.g. antiandrogens or whatever than actual opposite sex hormones.

The people who seek active/positive androgyny go by different labels, sometimes just "nonbinary" or "genderqueer" or whatever, other times more specific like "androgyne". Whereas agender people's dysphoria is more centered on disemphasizing their sex/gender, androgynes will often be more open/proud of their nonbinary-genderness - not in a trender way, but in a way similar to how trans women don't go "pls don't call me a woman", but instead actively seek to be positively seen as a woman, instead of as not-a-man.

There's also transfeminine/transmasculine people. They are very similar to trans women or trans men, but differ in varying ways. It's hard to say anything specific about them, because there's no consistent way they differ - instead, basically think of it as the category of "people who are similar-ish to trans women/trans men, but don't quite feel they fit". I think many might argue that they do fit among binary trannies, but YMMV.
>>
>>7727227
As an extension to >>7727303, many of the transmascs/transfemmes (secretly?) do not agree with the standard way that binary transgender people see gender. Instead they believe that they have not/cannot properly change sex. So they say that if they'd had bodies of the opposite sex (or socialization of the opposite sex, or whatever), they would identify as that sex, but since they don't, and can't, they are nonbinary.
>>
>>7727328
(Honestly, I'm not sure why SJWs love nonbinaries and anti-SJWs hate them. It seems that the narratives of many transmascs/transfemmes matches various sorts of anti-trans ideas better than it does the pro-trans. I guess that's politics for you.)
>>
>>7727155
Yeah, because a book written in pseudoscience to to explain how to fix various mental illnesses using random pharmaceuticals and amputation is totally equivalent to a literal holy book written by God himself that has been proven to cause miracles and heal illnesses after prayer and faith and backed up by religious officials.

And even if you did throw out religion, you'd lose any argument to discredit binary genders, since the only argument anyone ever gives is a shallow understanding of pop-psychology and "xir is triggered"
>>
>genderqueer nonsense is official now
As long as this board stays lgbt, and not lgbtqiaap++.
>>
>>7727446
I, some of the stuff in >>7727303 seems understandable.
>>
>>7727446
There are two kinds of nonbinary people:

* The kinds that are a subtype of T and therefore don't need their own letter in LGBT.

* Trenders.
>>
>>7727679
nonbinary people are transgender though. i dont think anyone acts like they arent, they just need visibility in the trans community just like ftms and mtfs do. i personally dont see the problem people have with nonbinary trans people, since by definition they should have the same sort of dysphoria as the rest. and anyway, it hasnt been that long since medical community argued ftms dont exist and are just frustrated lesbians while mtfs are the only real trans people
>>
Well, I mean, they aren't really as clear cut as the terms we use for them - chemically, they are usually caused by either lack or competition of one or more sex hormones. But yes. They exist.
>>
>>7727155
>>7727390

I wanna call samefag on this.
>>
>>7727088
>I used to think asexuals were a meme but it seems there people who are actually like that
lol no it is 100% a meme
>>
>>7727235
So mental illness.
>>
>>7727121
Science should be questioned, and is. But don't expect your questioning of it to be taken seriously unless you back it up with credible evidence. That's the main thing separating science from religion.

>>7727390
> a literal holy book written by God himself
There's no concrete proof of that.

>proven to cause miracles and heal illnesses after prayer and faith
The success rate of "miracles" is well under 50%, nowhere near what is considered acceptable for a serious medical treatment.

>>7728364
Only insofar as all other gender/sex related concepts are memes. Some people literally have zero desire to fuck anything, despite having perfectly healthy genitals and libido.
>>
>>7728526
>Some people literally have zero desire to fuck anything
No I'm sorry they're either lying about their sexual urges or they just have severe anxiety about their sexual urges.

Trust me I have carnal knowlege of many "asexuals". They tend to be pretty kinky, ironically enough.
>>
File: 1486570324471.gif (3MB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
1486570324471.gif
3MB, 500x500px
>>7727098
Show me
>>
>>7727227
>>7727328
Well, shit, I thought I was weird in this.

Like, if I had a loving and supportive family from the get-go, I'd probably be a normal woman by now, would have been raised as a girl, and been on my merry way. Instead, it was literally beaten out of me and I was shoved into boyhood and later manhood (for a brief moment before I was like "fuck this, I have control of my life now").

I am a trans woman, but I feel like I can never wholly be a woman because of how I was trained. It's a shitty in-between so I also consider myself genderqueer. Socially, I've never been a man (I never fit in that way, though I did have guy friends that welcomed me) and transition has only given me a few years experience as a woman.

I'm still sometimes surprised when women my age (lower-mid twenties) who are complete strangers see me as just another woman and interact with me as such. It's one thing for kids and people older than me to see me as a girl/woman, but when my peers do it? What do they see in me? Do I come off as "normal"? That's what I want, but I just don't feel normal :/

So I'm a genderqueer transgender woman or whatever snowflake identity I'm given.
>>
>>7732762
I mean, there's a range of labels that such people pick. Sometimes they just insist that they are transwomen, with the "trans" prefix not being detachable (so they would object to be called women, because transwomen aren't women). Other times they just go "I *guess* I can just pretend to be a woman even though I'm not. For some reason people believe me". Identifying as a femboy is a very 4chan way of handling this (though I want to emphasize that most who identify as femboys probably don't fit the transfeminine type).
Thread posts: 25
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.