[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What is Donald Trump going to do to LGBT people? No memes, I

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 67
Thread images: 10

What is Donald Trump going to do to LGBT people?

No memes, I actually want to know.
>>
>>7714397
he will be better than a generic republican and worse than a generic democrat, every single other factor being equal
things will continue moving forwards
however, a certain contingent of his supporters have and will continue to take things as carte blanche for them to act in homophobic and transphobic ways
lgb shouldn't be worried as much as t, but even t shouldn't be as worried as they are -- the truly fucked up aspects of the trump administration have nothing to do with identity politics
>>
>>7714464
>a certain contingent of his supporters have and will continue to take things as carte blanche for them to act in homophobic and transphobic ways

Actually, those people always exist. They don't magically disappear when you elect a democrat.
>>
Nothing will happen

Everyone just loves to make everything about themselves, but you already knew this OP.
>>
>>7714397
nothing...? he has been pro lgbt for decades
>>
>>7714485
>he has been pro lgbt for decades

This, right here, is hate speech.
>>
>>7714480
of course, but if you don't think that certain type of person has become much louder over the past couple years, and that a lot of them don't think trump's election is a massive leap forward for them that allows them to act how they truly wish they could, you're under a rock
>>
>>7714494
>if you don't think that certain type of person has become much louder over the past couple years

So...it's Obama's fault?

This connection you are trying to make between "who is the president" and "fags getting bashed" is not convincing.
>>
>>7714488
I guess his holding up the lgbt flag at a rally is too.
>>
>itt op picks apart certain posts to try and expose paranoia from nonsense people have heard
>>
>>7714499
i think obama might be one of the factors involved in the rise of the alt-right, actually -- a lot of people eventually stopped pretending his race wasn't a factor in their opposition to him, and it kind of led to what we have today
>>
>>7714494
>if you don't think that certain type of person has become much louder over the past couple years

the only people who have been getting louder and more violent over the past couple years are leftists.

you don't see thousands of right-wingers rioting and breaking/burning shit all over the country. that's the left doing that.

this is one of those pills you are going to have to swallow, because it's only going to get worse, and you are going to find this already-indefensible position even more impossible to defend.
>>
>>7714513
this guy.
>>
>>7714513
dude, i hate violent leftists more than you possibly could, they personally attacked me throughout my entire adolescence long before it was cool to oppose them
this does not make the alt-right any less reprehensible
everyone is a horrible, horrible person, and pointing to some other horrible, horrible people does not stop you from being one
>>
>>7714510

So in other words, it doesn't matter who is president, fags are going to get bashed.

Gee, it almost sounds like what I said up in >>7714480 was absolutely correct.

Why did it take you three posts to admit this?
>>
>>7714526
no
i'm a literal autist so i'm not good at expressing myself, sorry about that
let me try and explain the chain of events:
>obama is president, people and world becomes more liberal
>open homophobia becomes rare and unacceptable, open transphobia becomes slightly less acceptable than it used to be
>some people, instead of becoming less [x]ist, instead just stew in their own anger and become more
>angry people eventually coalesce into unified bloc
>angry people meme a president into office who they believe, rightly or wrongly, represents all of their angry intensified ideas
>angry people become openly angry and make the lives of the people they know worse, though not necessarily in a legal sense (which is the one people who think trump will personally fuck their shit up are concerned about, and they don't have much reason to be concerned given as he's better than a generic republican on this topic)
>>
>>7714531
and let me explain the alternate chain of events that would happen if a democrat (not necessarily hillary, just a generic democrat) was elected:
>angry people coalesce into unified bloc
>angry people are btfo during election
>angry people stay angry, but they don't believe they have a mandate to act out their anger
>some will continue being openly angry, but the majority will slink back with their tail between their legs
inb4 'but what you're proposing isn't the same thing the left is doing right now'
leftist extremists and rightist extremists have less in common than horseshoe theory would have you think, really
i've known both groups intimately and before either of them hit the mainstream, so i've noted the fundamental differences that means they react to this specific election (that is, the one involving the specific man donald trump) very differently
>>
File: JustinBieberTmobile.jpg (41KB, 500x506px) Image search: [Google]
JustinBieberTmobile.jpg
41KB, 500x506px
>>7714397
What makes you think we would know?
>>
>>7714521

the alt-right has some funny hats.

the left just beat a man unconscious (and possibly to death) the other day at a university while a crowd of hundreds cheered and filmed it.

if that were the ONLY thing that the left has done wrong, it would be absolutely appalling. but that isn't anywhere close to a complete account of the anarchism, treason, and violence that the left has committed itself to.

when are you going to wake up and realize that the left is the evil empire now? maybe you guys had some good points 60 years ago, but since then you have descended into a frothing mob of intolerance and sadism.
>>
>>7714531
>>7714542
>donald trump is evil
>and I will prove it by predicting the future in an alternate timeline

Fuck off, retard!
>>
>>7714547
You should look up Yuri Bezmenov

He says that once a certain level of indoctrination has been set in, over a long enough time, it's literally impossible to change some people's minds, no matter what you show them.

To acknowledge the evils of the left would be akin to ego death.
>>
>>7714547
>the left just beat a man unconscious

yeah, those were disruptor agents, paid to create controversy and promote an agenda.
not real people.
>>
>>7714598

oh yeah, I forgot that the other thing leftists love to indulge in right now are conspiracy theories. thanks for reminding me - I'll make sure to add that one to my list when I rant in the future.
>>
File: coool.jpg (119KB, 600x400px) Image search: [Google]
coool.jpg
119KB, 600x400px
It's a shame nobody knows anything about Trump and his potential effects upon the LGBT community.

Trump has pledged to sign this if it passes through the House and Senate

>https://www.congress.gov/bill/114th-congress/house-bill/2802

Or just google "First Amendment Defense Act"

Aside from that, he may roll back protections for transgender people ala HB2 or something along those lines. He isn't interested in making same sex marriage illegal.

Again, FADA should be everyone's primary conern for Trump and LGBT people. Not only are fags in trouble, but anyone who is unwed and has sex can also be subjected to the same discrimination that FADA allows.
>>
>being dumb enough to fall for this obvious left vs right debate
>making posts that are easy for op to poke holes in

why?
>>
>>7714609

Not memeing, I genuinely don't know anything about these:

>https://www.congress.gov/bill/114th-congress/house-bill/2802

Can you please explain to me what the potential consequences of this are? How would it play out in the real world?

>he may roll back protections for transgender people ala HB2 or something along those lines

I'm not familiar with this. Can you elaborate?

>but anyone who is unwed and has sex can also be subjected to the same discrimination that FADA allows.

How do you mean?
>>
literally nothing.

Roe v Wade MIGHT conceivably be overturned now that Gorsuch is going to be on the court. as in, it's a very, VERY remote outside possibility. but just because the Supreme Court has a Republican majority doesn't mean they're going to actively search for a way to overturn every liberal decision they can. the Supreme Court can't just pass new laws or revoke old ones. there was a Republican majority in the Supreme Court for like two decades between Reagan and Bush and, lo and behold, Roe v Wade is still standing. if, for whatever reason, there is a case that would result in the overturn of Roe v Wade, and it somehow manages to reach the Supreme Court, then at that point it could theoretically happen. but it probably won't and that's not an LGBT thing anyway.

demography is destiny. every day in this country, there are more old people who die having spent their entire life being anti-LGBT, than there are babies born who will grow up to be totally accepting of LGBT people. not only that, but every day thousands of people become slightly more accepting of LGBT people and rights because of increased exposure and acclimatization. it's on TV, it's in movies, it's certainly all over college campuses. it is becoming more and more accepted by a larger and larger majority of the population, and, by extension, a larger majority of the electorate.

now, and from here on out, it is not and will never again be politically advantageous to appeal to the shrinking minority that is the Christian fundamentalist right by attacking the rights of LGBT people. it's already true today and it's only going to become more true in the future. the election of Donald Trump (who has been pro-gay marriage since like the 80s and isn't even a Republican) does absolutely NOTHING to change that.

so, please. don't let it keep you up at night
>>
>>7714397
>What is Donald Trump going to do to LGBT people
As seen thus far he's more busy with fulfilling campaign promises than actively take a stance on such issues.

If there is something he'll do it's most likely because it created too much noise for him to ignore it.
From that point he'll either go the neutral route to please both sides, or he'll go his own route, make everyone wonder what the fuck just happened and continue on to the next issue.

It won't be death camps, it won't be homotopia either.
>>
>>7714633
>Roe v Wade MIGHT conceivably be overturned

What would be the consequence of this, anyway?
>>
>>7714663

Roe v Wade ruled that a Texas law that effectively illegalized abortion was unconstitutional and violated the 14th amendment. If that decision were to be overturned, then individual states would once again be able to pass legislation banning abortion.

as to which states actually would do so? much fewer than there were in 1973
>>
>>7714633
>>Roe v Wade MIGHT conceivably be overturned

probably not.

>>7714663
>What would be the consequence of this, anyway?

states would regulate abortion locally instead of the federal government.

so some states would outlaw it but many states would still allow it.

abortions would be harder to get which means more poor people would be having children they don't want and can't care for, so petty crime/burglaries would go up as these kids try to feed themselves.

other than that, not much
>>
>>7714748
> more poor people would be having children they don't want and can't care for, so petty crime/burglaries would go up

So in a roundabout way, liberals are actually supporting black genocide.
>>
I know that he plans to allow states to decide what's covered under medicaid, which means trans people trying to access care in the South or the Bible Belt are fucked. My heart goes out to them.
>>
>>7715425
They've admitted that they don't plan to touch healthcare until 2018 now, and when that time comes congressmen will be campaigning for midterms and their townhalls and campaign events are going to be swarmed with people unhappy about possibly losing access.
>>
>>7715455
we can only hope, given american attitudes toward "socialized medicine"
>>
>>7715425
> trans people trying to access care in the South or the Bible Belt are fucked.

Or they could just...get a job and pay for it themselves.

The real reason medical insurance exists is to take care of you in extremely expensive situations, like an ER visit that costs you $10,000. It's not supposed to subsidize your $50/month pill-buying.
>>
>>7714488
Trump has supported LGBT rights for years. He even made a statement just recently that he will continue to push for LGBT rights in the workplace.

The only "negative" thing he ever said about them was that he personally believed that the gay marriage decision should have been left up to the states to decide. That's all. He still supports it and he has officially stated that he had absolutely no plans to retract gay marriage.

To answer OP's question, nothing will happen gay people will be perfectly fine. People get this idea from stereotypes that just because he's a republican that he's evil and that's not true.
>>
File: image.png (229KB, 474x493px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
229KB, 474x493px
>>7714633
This.
>>
>>7714397
Basically nothing.
I don't see why everyone's so afraid.
Trump has been publicly pro-LGBT for ages.
>>
>>7714547
...Meanwhile, some dude from /pol/ shot up 5 people. But feel free to continue trying to sweep that under the rug.
>>
>>7714500
>he held a flag guys!!

>>7714513
>the only people who have been getting louder and more violent over the past couple years are leftists.
Except for the peaceful Trump supporter who shot like six people in Canada. And the right-winger who shot a leftist at one of Milo's rallies.

>>7714547
>the alt-right has some funny hats.
The alt right is not just "people wearing MAGA hat wearers". The term isn't synonymous with Trump supporters, it's a specific group of the far-right who happen to be a significant proportion of the pro-Trump crowd. But these people do far worse than just supporting Trump. They think it's acceptable to question whether Jews are people, and that ethnic cleaning is "acceptable" as long as you pretend to be non-violent. Their desired society is different from ISIS only in details.

>>7714607
The right are the ones who think any media critical of them is "fake news", claim that universities are full of jewish leftist indoctrination, and that any hate crimes against minorities are false flags.

>>7714942
Limiting population growth above replacement level != genocide.

>>7715491
Yeah except FADA means that it's perfectly legal to fire someone for being trans.
>>
Probably nothing. Trump is going to war against the Mexicans and Muslims first, and he's going to get stonewalled by Congress, the courts, the state legislatures, and tons of angry liberal protestors.
>>
File: 1466620104441.png (622KB, 712x705px) Image search: [Google]
1466620104441.png
622KB, 712x705px
>>7714397
>What is Donald Trump going to do to LGBT people?
literally nothing

he made it abundantly clear that he frankly does not care and would rather leave it up to the states to decide for themselves.
>>
>>7715550
>Trump has been publicly pro-LGBT for ages.

This.
He loves trans-women.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MBKu9OJ8Ltk
>>
>>7714484
/thread
>>
File: 1322796219001.png (65KB, 500x382px) Image search: [Google]
1322796219001.png
65KB, 500x382px
>>7714624
>Can you please explain to me what the potential consequences of this are? How would it play out in the real world?
FADA forbids the government from imposing financial penalties or tax-exemption status removal to any business or organization that chooses to discriminate against clients or customers due to their a) belief that marriage is between one man and one woman and/or b) sexual activity should only be for the married. It's still a bit up in the air exactly how this would play out, but, for example, it would allow businesses or organization to discriminate and receive no real penalties (by means of losing federal funding). For example, a university. If it receives federal dollars, and chooses to expel students who are found to be gay or have sex before/outside marriage, they receive no penalty. They will still be funded by the taxpayer, and there is nothing anyone can do about it. This site lists half a dozen more examples of what could happen.
>http://www.hrc.org/resources/first-amendment-defense-act
Will this effect me personally? Probably not, I avoid socially conservative businesses and states like the plague. However, what about out Texan LGBT friends who can't leave? Or our Alabama LGBT friends? They're stuck. Imagine you're a homeless fag in Mississippi. You walk over to the shelter only to find that the operator has found out you are gay. He can legally deny you entry, and continue receiving HUD money. You'll have to skip town or find another place to stay. I understand that scenario is for an extremely small amount of people, but there will still be people who face this scenario.

Furthermore, there is no legitimate upside to FADA, besides allowing a business or organization to discriminate. In the eyes of FADA, it is better to discriminate against marginalized people than to have to go against your strong religious convictions that, for some reason, have very little to do with empathy and helping your fellow man. Fuck.
>>
>>7714624
>I'm not familiar with this. Can you elaborate?
By "roll back protections", I mean that the government could move in the opposite direction it has been going in recently for the Transgender community.In many states, there are no legal protections for LGB people. In ever more states, there are no protections for T people. By protections, I mean your boss can't just fire you for no reason besides you are gay or are a transgender person. The Obama administration had been introducing more and more protections and guidelines that they could lay out on the federal level. Also, HB2 is a law in North Carolina that prevents a transgender person from using a bathroom that does not correspond with their biological sex.

*Daily reminder that a transgender person cannot alter their biological sex.*

>How do you mean?
See this post where I talk about FADA>>7716046
>>
>>7715942
>He loves trans-women.

Yes.
He grabs them right in the neo-pussy.
>>
File: tumblr_ni79a3UR9M1qk2847o1_1280.jpg (179KB, 640x640px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_ni79a3UR9M1qk2847o1_1280.jpg
179KB, 640x640px
>>7716046
>>7716075

Aint nobody got time to read that!
>>
Depends on who's behind the keyboard on Twitch Plays Donald Trump on any particular day.
>>
>>7716101
I'm certain you can find simple, no nuance political discussion and explanations over here if my posts aren't helping you too much
>>>/pol/
>>
>>7716075
>Also, HB2 is a law in North Carolina that prevents a transgender person from using a bathroom that does not correspond with their biological sex.
>*Daily reminder that a transgender person cannot alter their biological sex.*
Liar, HB2 applies only to state facilities and is doesn't care about biological sex, but birth certificate, which can be changed in almost all states including NC.
>>
>>7716286
Right you are. My interest was primarily in explaining FADA, but thanks for clearing it up for all the anons here (and me). I didn't know it was only public facilities, and I assumed that HB2 was concerned with biological sex, because if someone can just walk into the court house and change their birth certificate sex, then they kinda failed in their goals. This isn't the case. One needs a sex reassignment surgery and provide documentation from a qualified physician. Many transgender people have not had reassignment surgery, and in North Carolina, a trans person would no doubt face barriers in affording and carrying out such an operation.
>>
>>7716286
Pretty sure most places don't let you change birth certificate without SRS.
>>
>>7716334
>I didn't know it was only public facilities, and I assumed that HB2 was concerned with biological sex,
You fell for alternative facts. Many media sources state the same misinformation.

>Many transgender people have not had reassignment surgery,
Then in public buildings it's a case of using the restrooms with urinals if you can use urinals.

>>7716348
Around 20 states do and most of the rest of the Western world.
>>
>>7716379
>You fell for alternative facts.
Sure bud, you got me. I have not looked into HB2 at all. All I wrote was anecdotal info from here and elsewhere online, not from CNN. I don't watch TV or follow most news sources. Again, I was mainly concerned with FADA. Mentioning HB2 was an afterthought. I know way more about FADA than I do HB2. For HB2 I should have checked my facts, but like I said, I wasn't really that concerned about it. I agree that my description of it was only partially true, but it doesn't really hurt what I was trying to say to OP in the first place. The context of mentioning HB2 was more than appropriate, even if my brief, starter description wasn't that accurate (but in the ballpark).
>>
what ***would*** Mike Pence realistically do, if anything, to lgbt people?
>>
>>7716652
sex
>>
>>7714397
Nothing. I think he will be try to protect everything that lgbt people already have but mostly try to avoid it as much as possible outside of that. Trump can't afford to divide white america any further. The big hot button issue of the 202X culture wars is going to be race, the topics of gender and sexuality will take a back seat.
>>
Do you niggers realize Trump:

>Supported us before

>His AG supports gay marriage

>Says gay marriage is 'settled law'

>Explicitly mentioned protecting us from Mudslimes in acceptance speech

>Signed EO banning anti-LGBT discrimination by federal contractors

>Just banned Mudslimes from immigrating

Thus far, Trump has been fantastic. Do not believe fake news that says he wants us in camps or other dumb shit.
>>
>>7714942

Which why I --- being alt-rightish --- am pro-choice.
>>
>>7715601

>They think it's acceptable to question whether Jews are people

Okey, now you are just spewing niggershit. That is literally fake news. Spencer never said that.
>>
>>7718147

>alt-right

I think you mean racist xenophobic white supremacist literally Hitler Nazi
>>
>>7718167
#punchanazi
>>
File: 1450993747563.jpg (41KB, 640x616px) Image search: [Google]
1450993747563.jpg
41KB, 640x616px
>3 /pol/ threads on front page of /lgbt/

I feel as though in years past people gave significantly less of a fuck about politics
>>
>>7718155
>Spencer never said that.
Who mentioned Spencer?
>>
>>7714397
Donald Trump is going to screw up everything he does and just wind up tripping over his own feet all his presidency. He will get nothing of size done. Its unfortunate.. We really needed these problems sorted out.. But they arent going away. We will be living with exaggerated racial problems for hundreds of years. Shitty.

Donald Trump is actually LGBT friendly. Maybe more than hillary. Certainly more than Obama.
Thread posts: 67
Thread images: 10

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.