[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Has anyone heard of CRISPR? Just the newest breakthrough in genetic

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 50
Thread images: 2

File: XY to XX.png (204KB, 1644x702px) Image search: [Google]
XY to XX.png
204KB, 1644x702px
Has anyone heard of CRISPR? Just the newest breakthrough in genetic engineering. Apparently can edit genes in live organisms (including humans). Who knows, might even be able to remove that pesky Y chromosome and add in another X. When will this become the new treatment for trans people?
>>
>>7712429
Chromosome fags btfo
Trannies win
>>
>>7712429
Because that's not how genes work. Making all your cells XX wouldn't do anything to your dick.
>>
>>7712429
CRISPR/Cas9 can't handle something the size of an entire chromosome, which would take many thousands of successful edits to replace. On the other hand, it could easily insert the correction necessary for something like complete androgen insensitivity syndrome, an intersex condition which brings female traits in genetic males.
>>
>>7712429
This would only work if I wasn't born yet, and this kind of treatment would have the potential to cause people to be trans
>>
>>7712473
Nor do anything about your ugly face
>>
>>7712429
There is literally no point in transitioning when I can wait for this and whatever is needed to fix my skeleton to happen.
t. repressed tranny
>>
>>7712490
except cais *is* an entire chromosome (minus sry), and couldn't be fixed that way
unless the fix you're proposing is adding the sry gene and making them biologically male, which is a terrible idea given as cais women universally have female gender identities and the one reported case of trying to raise a cais baby as male ended in suicide
>>7712429
even if it were possible, this wouldn't mean much, especially post-puberty
it might mean something for trans men in terms of allowing sperm production
it wouldn't mean shit for trans women
>>
>>7712521
>the one reported case of trying to raise a cais baby as male ended in suicide
shit. how did they even know she was cais at birth?
>>
>>7712537
she was diagnosed in early infancy (don't remember why) and reassigned as male after that, raised as such, was unhappy and committed suicide at 26
i didn't read that specific case study but all the points of it were outlined in the study i was reading, which was about the only known case of male gender identity in cais
>>
>>7712429
Getting rid of the Y chromosome would do literally nothing. All it would do is break a tranny hater talking point, and they'd find a new one in a matter of days.
>>
>>7712555
probably the only time in history a girl was raised as a boy. every other time it's 'botched circumcision, your son's a girl now'
>>
>>7712625
well, you also get
>cloacal exstrophy, son's a girl now
>micropenis, son's a girl now
>milder forms of androgen insensitivity, son's a girl now
but actually, raising intersex infants with the potential of female gender identities as male has never been unheard of, it's just always been rarer
also, while i couldn't end up finding a link to the cais boy study, i did find it was by the very same john money who reported david reimer as a successful reassignment -- not surprising, you can't do transsexualism research in general and research on gender identity in children specifically without running into him constantly, but probably interesting to you guys
>>
>>7712645
>but actually, raising intersex infants with the potential of female gender identities as male has never been unheard of,
intersex doesn't count unless there's an obviously right way, like cais women.

>you can't do transsexualism research in general and research on gender identity in children specifically without running into him constantly,
and people still believe he was right. why?
>>
>>7712645
>>7712712
How should intersex/ambiguous infants be raised then? At least with a trans kid you can respect their gender identity, but here there is nothing to go on.
>>
>>7712712
>intersex doesn't count unless there's an obviously right way, like cais women
i'm using 'intersex' a bit broader than it should be, really
natal males with cloacal exstrophy always have male gender identities (unless they were going to have transsexualism anyway), and assigning them female is a very bad idea, but it was the protocol for decades before everyone did more studies and realized they were just creating trans men because males with that condition have ambiguous genitalia
>and people still believe he was right. why?
money got away with being as wrong as he was on several points because he set the groundwork for everything that's been done since
>>
That's not how chromosomes work tho? You'd still be 100% male without actually transitioning.
>>7712429
>>
>>7712818
Which kinda shows how retarded
>HUR DURRR MUH CHROMESOMES REEEEEEE
is
>>
>>7712750
i meant natal females haven't been raised as males, apart from that cais case. raising an intersex baby as male and then they turn out identifying female isn't the same.

>unless they were going to have transsexualism anyway
that's happened?

>he set the groundwork for everything that's been done since
how so?
>>
>>7712841
Raising a girl as a boy is probably way more traumatizing than raising a boy as a girl.

Boys are emotionally neglected, encouraged to be violent to one another, punished for showing emotion, and are far more policed on what they can take interest in. Even a particularly strong woman would probably end up fucked up by that, let alone a sweet and softhearted one.
>>
>>7712878
that would explain the ftm/mtf ratio.
>>
>>7712895
Perhaps. Though it should be noted that MtFs are only more common in the West. In non-Western nations where reliable statistics are available, such as Poland, Korea, and Japan, FtMs dominate. Even more interesting is that older transitioners basically don't exist in these places.

There masculinity would be even more rigorously enforced. Using your logic there would be more MtFs.
>>
>>7712912
>In non-Western nations where reliable statistics are available, such as Poland, Korea, and Japan, FtMs dominate.
what's in common in how women are treated in those countries?

>Even more interesting is that older transitioners basically don't exist in these places.
now that's a puzzle.
>>
>>7712944
>what's in common in how women are treated in those countries?
Femininity is more enforced than it is in the West. Being a woman in Eastern Europe is a lot worse than being a woman in Japan though, so it's hard to generalize.

But my argument is that forcing femininity on a male (such as an FtM) is way less damaging than the other way around.
>>
>>7712971
i can buy your argument. it also has implications for how cis men and women, and boys and girls, are treated.

enforced femininity must explain the increase in ftms. maybe older transitioners are a product of enforced gender roles and we should expect older ftms instead.
>>
>>7712944
>now that's a puzzle
not a puzzle at all if you've read blanchard (and his associate, anne lawrence, has studied this specifically -- 'late-onset'/agp trans women only transition in countries with high individualism levels)
as a trans man, i will bite my tongue re. the implication that being a man who's raised as female is easy
>>
>>7713040
>'late-onset'/agp trans women only transition in countries with high individualism levels)
why is that? does it work for ftms too?

>as a trans man, i will bite my tongue re. the implication that being a man who's raised as female is easy
no please say where you disagree with >>7712878
>>
>>7713040
>anne lawrence, has studied this specifically -- 'late-onset'/agp trans women only transition in countries with high individualism levels
Can you link the work in particular where she goes into this?
>as a trans man, i will bite my tongue re. the implication that being a man who's raised as female is easy
I'm not saying it's easy, I'm saying it's easier. It's still pretty awful, I imagine.
>>
>>7713050
>Can you link the work in particular where she goes into this?
here are download links to the studies:
http://booksc.org/book/7769312
http://booksc.org/book/21683553
here's an analysis of the second study:
https://sillyolme.wordpress.com/2013/02/19/better-the-second-time-around/
>It's still pretty awful, I imagine
it is, and i'll agree there are ways in which it's easier to be ftm, but a) people massively overestimate how flexible the female gender role is (some trans guys fit within the expanded range of it in childhood, but some are outside even that), and b) they don't realize it stops being flexible the second you hit puberty
if you grow tits and you don't start acting like a girl, you're going to live in a world of shit
>>7713047
>does it work for ftms too?
blanchard's biggest/only flaw is that he completely missed aap
this is because aap transition was genuinely rare until recently, and because unlike the mtf side of things, hsts and aap ftms do not transition at radically different ages so it was easier for aap ftms to get away with lying (agp mtfs couldn't really claim they were uber-feminine forever when they'd been successful businessmen for the past thirty years)
>no please say where you disagree
as i noted, the relative flexibility of female gender roles completely disappears at a pretty early point (female puberty is earlier than you account for -- these are actual children who lose the ability to be more masculine)
at any rate, the studies on natal males reassigned female do not back up the idea that they have little distress -- most of them transition, and the ones who don't live in extreme isolation and pain
>>
>>7713081
>unlike the mtf side of things, hsts and aap ftms do not transition at radically different ages
why do aaps transition earlier than agps?

>people massively overestimate how flexible the female gender role is (some trans guys fit within the expanded range of it in childhood, but some are outside even that),
what are the limits?

>they don't realize it stops being flexible the second you hit puberty
>if you grow tits and you don't start acting like a girl, you're going to live in a world of shit
what happens?

>at any rate, the studies on natal males reassigned female do not back up the idea that they have little distress
anon said no traumatizing, not little distress.

>most of them transition, and the ones who don't live in extreme isolation and pain
isn't it about half live as tomboys and half transition or are miserable?

we don't know how natal females reassigned male compare because there's only that one cais example. but that example was suicide.
>>
>>7713168
>why do aaps transition earlier than agps?
nobody knows
>what are the limits?
basically, if you have masculine hobbies and the like but are still fundamentally like a girl and can 'clean up' you're alright, but if you can't pull off femininity in any context you're fucked
>what happens?
completely socially ostracized, endless bullying unless you can beat people up (and it gets increasingly harder to beat people up with your useless estrogenated un-muscles as the cis boys around you hit puberty), lack of respect, etc
shit you're intimately familiar with
being gnc is not fun no matter the direction
>isn't it about half live as tomboys and half transition or are miserable?
half transition, half are miserable
>>
>>7713188
>but are still fundamentally like a girl and can 'clean up'
what does this mean? what happens if you can't?

>shit you're intimately familiar with
aren't some mtfs and ftms gender conforming at that age?

>half transition, half are miserable
how do you know they are miserable?
>>
>>7712878
I'm a 32 y/o AGP non transitioner. I wasn't gnc as a child but I wasn't very masculine, I was shy, introverted, awkward, unconfident and sensitive. I still did ok but when I hit puberty I really started failing at being male. My childhood traits amplified and I developed depression and anxiety, and although I grew large I became morbidly obese. Male puberty was quite traumatic for me, I buried my face in a computer and later became a NEET. Also i'd experienced AGP since the start of puberty. It got worse over time and followed me throughout life.

So I probably would of been ok being raised a girl, despite not being an HSTS. I suspect i'm a feminized AGP. I've often felt insecure and inadequate as a man.

After years of adulthood, working jobs and T exposure, I feel more confident and have a heavily masculinized body. I'm too far gone to transition, so I've tried to find peace with being male and having an inner woman. Weed helps immensly.
>>
>>7713081
>hsts and aap ftms do not transition at radically different ages so it was easier for aap ftms to get away with lying
from what i noticed aaps are often bisexual to some extent and commonly date other aaps (not necessarily transsexual) before transition so even if they don't lie they're probably classified as hsts due to lesbian activity

>>7712944
>what's in common in how women are treated in those countries?
no actual butch culture, stricter gender roles, more focus on marriage/motherhood
i think gender roles themselves are different from NA, i don't know how true >>7712878 is in the sense that it doesn't affect women in US, in eastern EU this definitely applies to women also (except maybe encouragement of violence - you're encouraged to just suppress any negative emotions in general)
>>
File: facepalm.jpg (90KB, 1440x1080px) Image search: [Google]
facepalm.jpg
90KB, 1440x1080px
>>7712429
Holy shit how can you be so fucking stupid?

Seriously whats the fucking point of changing your chromosomes? Have you ever heard about some people with XX chromosomes that actually are not physically feminine? That's what we call... FTM transgender. Yeah that's right, they have these "magical" XX chromosomes but they still have deep voices and full beards and everything else.

Your chromosomes are nothing but tiny invisible molecules in the nucleus of your cells. Changing them:
- won't make your voice more feminine
- won't reduce your height
- won't change you bone structure and fat distribution
- won't reduce your facial and body hair
- won't magically change your dick into a pussy
- won't reduce your muscle mass
- etc.

On the other hand, has anyone heard of something called... Hormone Replacement Therapy??
>>
>>7718023
I want my face and bone structure feminine and a real pussy.
>>
>>7717441
>So I probably would of been ok being raised a girl, despite not being an HSTS. I suspect i'm a feminized AGP. I've often felt insecure and inadequate as a man.
I think this board overestimates AGPs' ability to function as men, just because HSTSs are more obviously GNC and incapable of fitting in as male socially.
>>
>>7718157
Changing your chromosomes will not give you any of that.
>>
>>7719042
Neither will HRT.
>>
>>7712429
>can edit genes in live organisms

no
>>
>>7712490
Oh shit, here come the Breeder Nazis with a plan to delete tranny disorders in utero.

Shame on you, breeder. How about we fags finally rise up and CRISRP the fuck out of Y chromosome? Y chromosome is nothing but a damaged X chromosome anyway.
>>
>>7713188
>>7713206
>how do you know they are miserable?
If you are cis and you transition you will get dysphoria just the same as a trans person pre transition.
>>
>>7724953
Stop repeating this like it's fact. You're just assuming.
>>
>>7725012
How do you think it works? Trans is when your brain thinks your body is the wrong sex, whether you were born that way or transitioned that way.
>>
>>7725037
We don't have anywhere close to enough research on the matter to definitely say what causes gender dysphoria.
>>
>>7725046
Do you really think a cis brain is going to be happy in the wrong body?
>>
>>7712429
posts like these are why we need better science education holy shit
>>
>>7718157
>face
Then get FFS. Chromosomes won't change your face
>pussy
Then get SRS. Chromosomes determines your genitals only when you are a fetus, after that you need surgery
>bone structure
You would already have feminine bone structure if you were feminized in the womb
>>
>>7730213
>You would already have feminine bone structure if you were feminized in the womb
Obviously I wasn't!
>>
>>7713188
>>7713206
blanchardian poster please answer
Thread posts: 50
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.