[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Anyone else on hrt in the closet? I feel like one of these days

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 59
Thread images: 4

Anyone else on hrt in the closet? I feel like one of these days someone is gonna say something.
>>
>>7704735
kind of I'm only out to doctors and my mom
>>
>>7704740
same, my face is slowly softening and people treat me slightly different
>>
>>7704751
I think I look the same but old people have been calling me maam or sweetie lately so idk
>>
>>7704735
coming up on 6 months diy, my family doesnt suspect anything. probably because I was already so andro that the slow change could almost seem normal.
>>
>>7704760
Women smile at me more now. I also get something between a "maam" and "man" at the grocery store.

>>7704735
>be at school
>guy I've worked with on projects for over a year says "thanks amiga!" and then catches himself

>be at work
>older lady says "for a minute there I thought you were a boy"
>older lady then reads name tag and gets confused look
>"you have an odd name for a boy"
>she then realizes I am a boy
>"well, either way, you're cute"

>Next day at work
>go to meeting with boss
>boss introduces me as "this is boynameanon, she'll be..."
>boss seems confused that she said that, but keeps talking and doesn't correct herself
>as we are leaving, a woman who came late to the meeting and missed the introductions says "bye, thank you, ladies"
>>
>>7704960
>"you have an odd name for a boy"
Meant odd name for a girl.
>>
>>7704735
I'm not out to anyone except internet friends who are also trans
I had a dream a few nights ago that I was thrift store shopping with a friend and I came out to her
too bad it never happened and that friend doesn't exist, but it felt good to come out and not be judged. Maybe one of these days I'll try it with someone.
>>
>>7704735
>tfw this isn't your closet
>>
Yeah, I suppose
but in the past 6 months I've grown my hair out, lost weight and got a job, so I'm looking/acting different regardless.
>>
>>7704960
>>7704962
The old lady story is really cute
>>
>>7704960
hows ur voice tho

thats whats really making me wonder about myself
>>
>>7704992
Sometimes it gets really faggy and sing-songy without me trying to make it that way.
>>
>>7704999
so you still sound like a dude

yeah i kinda got the same thing going on then #trutrans
>>
>>7704960
How long have you been on hrt, and when did you start?

>tfw never failed boymode
>>
I'm a year on HRT and still not really out. I mean I dress androgynous and I don't make any attempt to hide anything. But I'm not explicitly out except for a few lgbt friends.

People get confused a lot. Some people “Sir” me, but for the most part they try to avoid gendered stuff. Its kinda awkward but I like it. Younger people my age and people familiar with lgbt people tend to use “they” pronouns and avoid or trip over pronouns.

>sitting in class
>“discus with your neighbor”
>talk to guy beside me
>“you remind me of my friend, [name that only a queer/trans person would choose]. There's just something about you that reminds me of hi-he-th-them”
>awkward look of “shit did I fuck up?”

Also sorta similar to >>7704960 a lot of the time people go back and forth between like “ma'am-I-mean-sir-I-mean...”. Or sometimes they ma'am me until they hear my disgusting voice and then they're like “oh I'm so sorry sir” and its like -_-

I like being genderfuck tho so idgaf
>>
>>7705038
What does dressing androgynously entail? Are you actively hiding breasts?
>>
>>7705038
Also it started like around the 9 month mark. Not counting professors who seemed to know starting at a few months (my hair was long already) and avoided gendering me, but I'm assuming that's because they have a lot of experience and have to take a class that's basically how not to offend queer people 101 where they teach them to not gender people unless they're sure. I'm at like 14 months right now and its becoming more common for every day people to be awkward and unsure than for them to gender me as male.
>>
>>7705009
A few years, 21. I've already given up ever socially transitioning, so this has been weird.
>>
>>7704735
I'll always be in the closet unless I start 100% passing, because having my parents and friends know I'm trans won't actually improve my body or passing chances while only making life awkward around them.

Although I'll probably be in the closet forever because its been 4 years so far haha kill me please
>>
>>7705065
Unfortunately I don't have much boob to hide :(

I normally dress in fitting (but not skinny) jeans and a plain solid colored tshirt or a hoodie if its cold. My boobs are small enough that unless I wear a tight shirt they aren't visible. And all my shirts are pretty loose.
>>
File: 1486058986617.jpg (95KB, 640x640px) Image search: [Google]
1486058986617.jpg
95KB, 640x640px
>>7705082
>I want to get from A to Z without passing Q

Good luck with that, anon.
>>
>>7705087
I'm doing all I can anon, I'm not trying to skip any steps if thats what you mean.
>>
>>7704735
only my parents know at this point.

everyone still sirs me at work except at college but im pretty sure they are hugboxing because "muh liberal agenda"
>>
>>7705080
>I've already given up ever socially transitioning, so this has been weird.
Why? If youre failing boy mode this often, you'd probably pass pretty well in girl mode.
>>
>>7705096
What I mean is that you're not going to be able to stay in the closet throughout your transition.
It will eventually become obvious to people that you are no longer a man.
So prepare yourself to come out, whether you want to or not.
>>
>>7705132
>it will eventually become obvious
>obvious
>when not putting any effort

tbqh hormones don't make you look like a woman or out you if you are mtf.
>>
>>7705132
True it sort of has been getting there. I'm honestly surprised my parents haven't called me out on it yet. Maybe its out of kindness, I get ma'am'd sometimes when I put my hair up, they know I wear subtle women's clothing, know I've had my facial hair removed, dad sometimes jokes about me having a small chest. I'm sure someday they're going to sit me down for a talk but I feel too ashamed to bring the topic up myself.
>>
>>7705113
But, this wasn't until after I was burnt out. Plus I'm like 6'4", so, yeah... And it's not like I totally pass or anything. I told another girl at work, who I'm not out to, about the old lady story, and she chuckled and was like "you would.... be a very tall woman", and another girl in class was like "sorry if the group name we picked is too feminine, anon", or other girls from class would be like "anon, from a guy's perspective, what would a guy think about x?"
>>
>>7705140

well they do make you grow boobs and cry a lot so...
maybe that is considered manly in your country.
>>
>>7705187
>well they do make you grow boobs
You have to be lucky for them to be noticeable.
>and cry a lot so...
That's just placebo.
>>
>>7705218
>That's just placebo.

lol fuck off faggot
>>
>>7705229
>hormones made me soooo feminine, I cri all the time now
Back to susans, hon.
>>
>>7705218
>That's just placebo.
getaload.gif
>>
>>7705229
>>7705235
>>7705241
Now this thread makes me wonder. Is there any evidence for estrogen making you cry more (or testosterone making you cry less)?
>>
>>7705273
idk but gee it'd kinda make sense if your fucking sex hormones affected your behavior
>>
>>7705283
Yeah, but does it have an actual impact on crying itself?
>>
>>7705273
For me I think think my resolve for stoicism dissolved as I was no longer repressing. I'd always been very sensitive and emotional but boys don't cry yadda yadda
>>
>>7705290
idk i feel like i cry a lot more nowadays
>>
out to family and friends but 9 months in and everything is starting to show
>>
>>7705273
actually its the female matriarchy that prevents men from crying. Men can be just as emotional as women. But womyn keep oppressing men by tossing them off to the beta corner once they show any sign of "weakness". It prevents men from gaining a female partner.
>>
>>7705760
you're obviously not trans or you would know the ridiculousness of your statement.
>>
>>7705877
I am trans thank you very much
>>
>>7705218
>>7705235
You're full of shit. I physically wasn't able to cry before I started E, even though I really wanted to. Now I can just start crying on command whenever I feel like it, I don't even need to be sad or anything. It's pretty great
>>
>>7705948
Same.
>>
>>7705948
It's pretty easy to cry during a good hangover
Whenever I'm hungover I could cry to basically anything
>>
File: 1482536086313.jpg (1MB, 2091x3160px) Image search: [Google]
1482536086313.jpg
1MB, 2091x3160px
Been on hormones for 7 months now. Only out to my mom, sister, and a few other people I know.

My breasts are getting pretty obvious, even in sweaters. But I still need to work on my voice and get laser before I come out so not really sure what to do when I get to the point where I can't hide them (summer).

I've been gendered female quite a few times, I've had like three guys double check the sign on the bathroom door to make sure they were in the right one. Biggest thing I've noticed is more girls staring at me (because I look a lot better now, and actually dress nicely), and guys get VERY defensive and intimidated around me, if that makes sense? I think someone else has mentioned the same thing happening to them on here. Anyone know the cause? I have a theory but I don't want to say it on account of sounding like I'm a narcissist or something.
>>
maybe I just look andro or because I'm a tall skinny fuck but people always looked at me funny... Now since I've had laser (probably about 15-20% of original hair remaing excluding lighter hairs) and presenting slightly more fem the looks I get are different somehow... Only been on HRT for 4 months so it's not like there's really been any visible change. What is this feel?
>>
>>7704960
>>7704735

>work is on crazy overtime
>60-72 hour work weeks for the past month and a half
>everyone is exhausted
>im in washroom washing hands
>coworker walks in, gets starteled
>"oh-my-god-im-sorry, wrong-washroom"
>walks in 10 seconds later.
>"its just you anon, um, for a seconed I thought. Its the long hair you know?"
>>
>>7706249
>tfw don't have any fun boymode failing stories
its so fun reading these
>>
>>7704735
Yep.
Im a turboHun so for my own safety and sanity I stay in the closet. Alot of my friends know but none of the ones that know are anywhere near me since I moved to live and work in the middle of goddamn nowhere. I get occasionally ma'amed by guests and the occasional weird look but other then that Im dry humping Christmas presents in here.
>>
>>7705273
>>7705948
>>7705235

maybe its like an emotion multiplier, like I was dead inhttp://boards.4chan.org/lgbt/catalogside before HRT and still dead inside after

>"0 times 0 is still zero"
>>
>>7706828
inside* dont know wth happened there
>>
>>7706011
what's your theory? I'm curious
>>
>>7706011
>>7706938
Not them but I've noticed similar stuff. My thinking? On some level they're aware of an attraction towards you but because you're ostensibly male they need to distance themselves from this. Hetero gold star pride and all, I back up this theory with some lesbians acting similarly towards them. Worse if they have their gfs with them because then I think they see me as able to steal her and induct her into heterosexuality like some kind the bepenised monster I am

It's all silly behavior, I don't let it bother me
>>
>>7706938
I'll try and type it up later, my brain isn't having it right now.
>>
>>7707229
I'm the person who you are both replying to and just posted above.

One of the things that's part of my theory is what you said.

I've had guys with their girlfriend stare me down, I've been talking to girls and their boyfriends will interrupt me and be rude. And it's like you said, I think they are honestly afraid or worried. Especially since a guy who isn't manly like them is the "threat".
>>
>>7706636
Are you just going to stay in the closet forever? are you on hrt?
>>
File: 20151123_150933.jpg (378KB, 1280x960px) Image search: [Google]
20151123_150933.jpg
378KB, 1280x960px
>>7709599
>Are you just going to stay in the closet forever?
Seeing as how I will most likely never pass (too poor to afford ffs or Srs), I dont want to get murdered, fired for being trans or kicked out of an apartment that I may be in in the future, Yes.

>are you on hrt?
Yes, for little over a year. It didn't help much so Ill just stay in my nice, safe closet.
Thread posts: 59
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.