[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I realize 4chan probably isn't the place for this, but it's

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

I realize 4chan probably isn't the place for this, but it's really all I have right now.

I recently came out to my mother and sister, both of which are extremely accepting. However, I have a lot of long time friends who are the definition of manly men (ie fuck fags). Anyone else in a similar situation? I'd really like to be... me, you know? But my relationship with my friends and co-workers, who are really good friends, is very important to me and I'd hate to risk the alienation I'd likely face.

I've already lived 30 years as a mans man, dating women and giving the impression that I'm 100% straight, which is a complete lie and has started to weigh heavy on my emotions. I take medication for depression and anxiety, which I feel is a cause of pretending to be something I'm really not.

Is it selfish of me to embrace who I feel I am? Is it worth the potental loss of people I care about? Any insight is very welcome, and appologies if these threads are too common to respond to. This is my first time on this board.

pic unrelated; just an image I like.
>>
>>7700825
If you're 30+ and your friends aren't educated enough to know that homosexuals aren't the devil and that just because you're gay, doesn't mean you're gonna rape them, then I suggest you find yourself with more successful and educated people.
>>
2bh you'd get better responses in >>>/adv/ or reddit, not even being ironic
don't have any advice though, hope that whatever you decide to do works out
>>
Honestly I'd recommend just not coming out. They could be supportive and the "fuck fags" is just locker room talk, but if it isn't then you lose those friends.
>>
>>7700825
Listen man, I thought the same thing about my friends. But when I told them they were taken aback. However they eventually came around. Actually a few of them told me some of the gay shit they have done in the past. One of them even asked me to fuck him, which I could never even try cause he is like a brother to me.

Anyway I guess if they don't accept you then they aren't real friends.

As for myself I still haven't told my mom. My friends and my sisters know.
>>
>>7700841
They're very uneducated in a lot of respects, but they'd still drop everything and come to my aide if I were ever in some sort of trouble. They really are good people, just sort of lost (in my opinion) when it comes to my situation.

>>7700843
Thanks, I'll have a look at adv or reddit (another place I've never bothered with) should things not pan out here.

>>7700852
>>7700861
I disagree with them not being real friends... Some people are raised in certain ways and cant help their feelings, much like I cant help mine. I'm very happy your friends came around though, that gives me some hope. Thank you for sharing your experience with me.
>>
>>7700871
at least you're open minded about people with different opinions rather than calling them homophobic rednecks or shit like others here like to do
>>
>>7700871
Well I grew up country myself. We all said the same things. Actually one of my current neighbors is country af and he is gay. He still has his friends.

I understand your reticence, but they will understand cause they know you and who you are. Just reassure them that it who you are and that you still value them as friends. Their acceptance and friendship is what matters most.

I thought that when I told my friends they would beat the shit outta me but they didn't. We were drinking that night and smoking. So I think that might have helped.

Eventually we got to a point where we were actually joking about it. I told a friend the next time I knock a motherfucker out I'm gonna kiss him. He thought that was hilarious.

If you have known them for a long time I am sure they will accept you because they value your friendship as much as they value yours.
>>
>>7700944
Wow I really messed that up. Lol

I meant they value your friendship as much as you value theirs.
>>
>>7700907
I think it's sort of silly to judge or disregard people for their views or opinions... They didn't live my life and I didn't live theirs. it's not fair for me to hold them accountable for circumstances that are beyond our control.

>>7700944
I've know most of them for 15+ years. We built a strong bond through graffiti/street art and have remained a close family ever since. But that close bond has brought out conversations that concern me. I'd be the first/only person to come out so I have no idea how they'd react. I truly hope they value our friendship enough to look past something I feel should be so insignificant, but that fear will remain until I try I guess...
>>
File: 1425250321964.jpg (220KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1425250321964.jpg
220KB, 1920x1080px
Thank you to everyone who replied. Outside opinions have give me a better grasp on my situation. I still have a lot to think about and consider, but all of you have given me hope. I'll let this roll around to page 10/purge after this post.

Thank you again :)

another favorite photo to end the thread.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.