[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is queer just a word that cishet people use to pretend that they

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 3

File: 1483757220297.jpg (52KB, 681x960px) Image search: [Google]
1483757220297.jpg
52KB, 681x960px
Is queer just a word that cishet people use to pretend that they are oppressed and get into the lgbt community?

Pic semi-related.
>>
Sometimes. Other times, it's for bi people who are too cowardly to call themselves bi.
>>
>>7685727
I don't know, it has been used like that, but literally every faction of the community has it's pretenders.
It's also useful just as a catch-all term and I wish it was more acceptable despite its history as a slur, because being able to just say queer community instead of LGBQQTIIAAP+ community is nice.
>>
As I understand it, it was for people that aren't 0 or 6 on the kinsey scale but don't feel like they whould be called bi because they aren't precisely a 3 either.
>>
Seems like it. Which really grinds my gears, since just before this started happening, I was quietly going by queer as a means to ESCAPE the identity politics and in-fighting bullshit that comes with defining yourself as any one letter of LGBT. Now instead of being a respite from making a statement out of how I happened to be born, it's the cringiest statement there is.
>>
no it is not a way for cishet people to come in it is a way for cishet women to come in a police lgbt people. cishet men face real violence for taking up the lgbt mantle and there for they don't do it just for show.
>>
>>7685727

It's mostly women who want to be interesting and not like all the other girls and still reap all the benefits of being heterosexual and fucking Chad. Queer women are cancer.
>>
>>7685727
Does someone need to be oppressed to get into the lgbt community? Does one even need to "get into" it if they are transgender?

I am anatomically male and identify as Demigirl. I've dealt with many people saying I'm nothing more than a man trying to pass as transgender, saying I'm just bi(which I'm not) and am not able to accept it, saying if I'm really transgender I should dress and look like it.. That really hurts.. just when I think I can finally be myself and be around people who accept me...

Up until now I've only told one person IRL... My significant other... and she was really happy for me.. and also said it was kind of obvious.

Idk.. I thought the lgbt community was a place I could be myself and be accepted... Guess I was wrong...
>>
>>7687060
>Does someone need to be oppressed to get into the lgbt community?
No, you just need to be LGBT.
We don't take kindly to QIAAP++ here.
>>
>>7687089
Alright, that's what I was wondering.
How come people are such cunts to Transgendered people though?
>>
Calling yourself queer and posting on lgbt forums is like going to an alcoholics anonymous group because you have a caffeine addiction.
>>
>>7687060
I was going to call this quality 10/10 bait but then I googled demigirl.

I get it. I'm a post-op MtF but I don't identify as strongly as female as most other MtFs do. I can see someone being "only a little bit trans".

But can you understand that unless you do anything tangible about it there is no way for me to tell if you are the real thing and not an edgy feminist playing at being a political trans?

There is a guy at my uni who is hovering somewhere on the line between fabulous and crossdressing. If I had seen him in the UK I would assume that he was an MtF going through a real life test before getting hormones. If he told me he was a demigirl I'd believe him in a heartbeat.
>>
>>7687137
My closest friends have always called me (and I quote) "A fabulous gay guy who happens to like women instead of men."
And I guess that pretty much sums up how I am and act(when I can be myself).

I'll make a thread and see what most people think. I'll always be myself, but I want to see what the LGBT community(at least on 4chan) think of me.
>>
Sometimes queer is used by people who don't understand their gender or orientation yet, so they don't know a more specific word (Am I bi? Am I gay? Maybe I'll just say I'm queer). Sometimes it's used by people whose orientation may be difficult for them to explain easily (I'm transgender and I've always found men attractive, but sometimes I find women attractive, but maybe that's aesthetic envy not sexual attraction and it's hard to tell the difference, and I'm nonpassing so I don't want to have to out myself and explain all of that to a relative stranger... I'll just say I'm queer).
>>
>>7685727
> implying lgbt people are oppressed
>>
File: dysphoria.png (81KB, 1260x1776px) Image search: [Google]
dysphoria.png
81KB, 1260x1776px
>>7685727
>>
>>7687246
Gender dysphoria literally is in the DSM. You're not clever for pointing it out.
>>
File: 1478368609128.jpg (13KB, 480x300px) Image search: [Google]
1478368609128.jpg
13KB, 480x300px
>>7685727
ho boy if you want the worst kind of ride like this look at Narcissa Wright (Formerly the speedrunner cosmo) Basically the same buckteethed obvious male face in a dress who refuses to take any estrogen meds or make any attempt to transition, but butting into every speedrunner chat (s?)he can for attention

hes become to cis haters what Christian Weston Chandler was to Autism
>>
>>7687246
whoa....people with mental disorders are mentally ill

really sets ur neurons to firing...
>>
>>7687137
Femboy is the term here on 4chan.
>>>/lgbt/femgen
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.