[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Questioning if I should test for a diagnosis of bpd. I'm

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 1

File: pogdjomdehmbtg.jpg (9KB, 302x225px) Image search: [Google]
pogdjomdehmbtg.jpg
9KB, 302x225px
Questioning if I should test for a diagnosis of bpd. I'm scared if I receive a diagnosis they will try and take my hormones away from me. Is this a legitimate concern, I'm from Canada and am mtf if it makes any difference
>>
>>7680768
Don't do it. Not even because of your hormones, I have no idea how that would work out. Don't do it because they will try to 'treat you' if they decide you do have a 'mental illness'. Psych meds are poison that ruins lives, you dont want to end up on those, they're not even real medicine. You're better off learning to manage your own madness.
>>
>>7680779
I thought borderline generally isn't treated with meds
>>
>>7680805
When I was a teenager I got multiple, conflicting diagnoses from different doctors. You never know what they will say you have because 'mental health' is so poorly understood. Just avoid those people. They are incentivized by pharmaceutical companies to prescribe dangerous new psych meds to kids that are acting out because they're fucking kids, and parents don't know better than to administer this 'medicine' to their children. I have seen it destroy people's souls. Seriously Canadian mental healthcare is FUCKED just stay away from it.
>>
Why are you thinking of getting tested? Find you're having difficulty coping with things? It might be good to talk to someone but I'm pretty sure unless your like hurting yourself you can just say you don't want to take any meds for it. I've refused antidepressants several times. If you have a dr who's following your HRT they can't do shit

A lot of therapists suck but I did get a good one who helped me for a couple years after I got diabetes. Saved me from daily panic attacks
>>
>>7680860
Also from canada btw. New Brunswick
>>
>>7680768
>>7680779 >>7680823 is right
do not get diagnosed with a 'personality disorder', it will ruin your life
and yes, they absolutely use heavy drug treatment in 'bpd'
read mad in america, both the book and the website/news site
>>
>>7680768
I'm from Vancouver BC and I'm just seeking some counselling before I start mones. They'll help me find any reasons for my dysphoria, but if they can't help it go away without making me accept my body as is, I'll go ahead with hrt.

Any other canadafags?
>>
>>7680860
>Find you're having difficulty coping with things
Yes pretty much
>>
>>7680913
What exactly? Realtionships, money, dysphoria etc. It's perfectly normal sometimes to feel like shit if things are bad.
>>
>>7680970
relationships are very weak and few, as I've been a shut in for almost 2 years now, but at the same time I don't really trust myself enough in relationships to really push myself out there and risk it. I'm worried I'll be too much trouble for friends/partners, but I strongly desire both of said things
>>
>>7681016
also yes dysphoria is pretty bad at times
>>
>>7681016
Even if you do have bpd there are tons of people out there that will be for you. Most people have problems so they can understand and if they're compassionate they'll take care of you. Is there anything that made you become a shut in?
>>
>>7681045
> Is there anything that made you become a shut in?
a mix of events occurred right before I started isolating inside, I think they might have played a role. Was in a weird place mentally to start with, but I think regular stimulant abuse (clean now thankfully), 2 rough breakups (1 being a bit over a year long, the other being a rebound from relationship #1), along with growing feelings of social discomfort.
>>
>>7681136
Damn yeah I can see how that can drop you down. Got any friends you do talk to? What exactly makes you think you have bpd btw?
>>
>>7681349
>got any friends to talk to
A couple but they almost never hang out and instead we just talk online for the most part.

>What exactly makes you think you have bpd
Incredibly weak sense of self, emptiness, really intense infatuations with people sometimes I barely even know, problems being able to "feel" the positives and negatives of a person at the same time, seemingly disproportionate emotional responses to things, and suicidal idealization on a regular basis.

I don't exactly "think" I have it, but there's enough there to make me wonder and concerned that I may
>>
>>7681578
It's possible, could also just be depressed I've had all of those before too. A diagnosis won't ruin you though, psychology isn't exactly a pin point science, different doctors will tell you different things. If you know your trans and being on her helps you anyone credible won't change things there.

If you can see a psychologist talking to them for an hour a couple times a month could help you feel better. I once broke down and cried for like an hour cause a McDonald's worker couldn't understand my order, you can learn to manage intense emotions. I get really infatuated with people as well.

I dunno I guess I'm saying try not to worry about labeling what it is effecting you. What would make you happy right now? If you could have anything
>>
>>7680768
>canadians take away hormones if you have other mental illnesses
wtf i thought you guys were civilized
>>
>>7681651
>If you can see a psychologist talking to them for an hour a couple times a month
I do see one thankfully, it hasn't really changed anything in my life so far, but it helps stop me from going insane to have her to talk to

>What would make you happy right now?
I'd like to think that some friends whom I could be close to/hang out with, and a loving partner would make me happy, at least initially. Having some sort of passion would be nice as well, I just can't seem to get myself attached to anything in that sense
>>
>>7680887
Seconding this, psychs will find something wrong with you and then spam drugs down your throat.
>>
>>7681912
Exactly, because they are incentivized to do so by pharmaceutical companies. Psychs are extremely dangerous, for impressionable young people especially. Do not trust psychs! There are better ways to take control of your own mind.
>>
>>7680823
then why do people praise canadian healthcare
>>
>>7684658
They are idiots.
>>
>>7680768
Hey, OP, I was ok a similar situation... Thought I was bpd, and worried they would take away my hrt. I got diagnosed last fall during my first hospitalization, if anything they reinforced the necessity of hrt afterwards.
I thought I had bpd for like a year and a half, and it was kind of maddening wondering, so it was a relief to be validated. Though I still feel like I might just be a shitty person naturally. Only do it, I guess, if you really need to know or really feel like it's fucking up your life.
>>
>>7680768
BPD is a women's disease, if anything it validates your gender.
Thread posts: 25
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.