[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What percentage of the population is transgender, and is there

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 3

File: third.jpg (128KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
third.jpg
128KB, 1280x720px
What percentage of the population is transgender, and is there any evidence to support that number?
>>
Lynn Conway wrote a fantastic article on trans population.
http://ai.eecs.umich.edu/people/conway/TS/TSprevalence.html
>>
>>7657158
https://www.nytimes.com/2016/07/01/health/transgender-population.html

0.6%
>>
File: transmap.png (22KB, 951x713px) Image search: [Google]
transmap.png
22KB, 951x713px
>>7657158
According to actual statistics, it's about one in 10000, give or take almost an order of magnitude. The 1 in 300 number is entirely political, gotten by adding transvestites and transtrenders to the number of people who actually transition.

https://www.researchgate.net/profile/Cecilia_Dhejne/publication/262734734_An_Analysis_of_All_Applications_for_Sex_Reassignment_Surgery_in_Sweden_1960-2010_Prevalence_Incidence_and_Regrets/links/57013cae08aea6b7746a7a65.pdf?origin=publication_detail
>>
96%
No
>>
>>7659640
>using people who transition as the metric
>strongly correlates to political leaning
Hmmmmmmmm
>>
>>7659670
What is the point you are trying to make, be way less cryptic.
>>
>>7659640
If you only count people that have gotten SRS like that source, that's inaccurate too. There's plenty of people are trutrans but can't afford/don't want the surgeries.
>>
>>7659674
People are obviously going to be less likely to transition when they are risking life and livelihood to do so. That doesn't make them cis, just closeted.
>>
>>7659640
>Actual statistics
That's contradicted by >>7659640 , hon

The census and large studies in america put it as 1 in 166.
>>
>>7659640
Only a few hons can buy SRS, the median age of people getting it is over 45. Make that criteria and you eliminate 99% of this site and limit it to manly hons like you.
>>
>>7659732
>>7659726
>>7659686
>>7659675
Did you people even read what I linked? The numbers in the .pdf are from people who have sought gender therapy (the starting point for transition) and the map I linked was based off of name changes. The states where it's laughably easy to get a name change are still 1 in 10k at best.

If you seriously think that almost 1% of people are suffering from crippling gender dysphoria, I have a bridge to sell you.
>>
File: shrug.jpg (46KB, 720x713px) Image search: [Google]
shrug.jpg
46KB, 720x713px
>>7659751
>am trutrans
>didn't get a name change because my name was genderneutral
>>
>>7659751
Why is it you only cite an ancient census? Say the recent one is fake?

Given the way you're complaining about femboys and political plots you're probably just some insecure hon who think's he's the only true one.
>>
>>7659640
First one isn't even a study, just an ancient map that also says there's fewer than 1 in 100 gays&lesbians. Second is people who can afford SRS
>>
>>7659770
2010 is the most recent one, us takes a census every 10 years. 1960-2010 reasonably encompasses all trans individuals alive right now.
>>
>>7660486
And that census also claimed that gays and lesbians and bi makeup less than 1%of Pop

Maybe people just don't want to out themselves in front of a weird goverment employee.

http://williamsinstitute.law.ucla.edu/wp-content/uploads/How-Many-Adults-Identify-as-Transgender-in-the-United-States.pdf

Williams found otherwise with its survey
>>
>>7663052
Hahaha, those AGE figures. We are fucked, I blame anime.
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.