[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So I'm a trans woman and last weekend I spent at my friends

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 143
Thread images: 18

File: bruh.jpg (1MB, 1440x810px) Image search: [Google]
bruh.jpg
1MB, 1440x810px
So I'm a trans woman and last weekend I spent at my friends home, who is a trans man.

I am on a dating app for gay men (and trans) and while I was at his home, I got a message from a TV person in his 40s. I was grossed out and said
>ew look at this guy
>show him the picture
>it's a wrinkly dude wearing knee high socks and a see through top over his flabby body
>my friend gives me a weird look like "what is the problem?"
>I say I don't understand cross dressers
>he doesn't comment

Same evening we go to a transgender support group. As soon as I heard where we were going I considered going home, since I've been to those before. It's awkward and cringey as fuck. It also drags me down, because those people are always so bitter and depressed.
>we arrive
>it's 10 men and 3 dyke looking transmen
>turns out 2 of the men were transmen, others transgender women
>they're all in their 30-40s, masculine looking, bulky build, wearing socks, high heels and ridiculous looking skirts
>like all of them had skirts on. In winter.
>everybody introduces themselves
>It's my turn
>I figured I better not act like the young transgirl invading their spaces to make them feel bad, so I don't mention I'm trans.
>people start small discussion groups
>I drink two beer at the bar and talk to some people
>I hear someone say "but you're gay anyways so children aren't a matter to you"
>I'M NOT GAY AND I WANT TO MAKE THIS CLEAR in the burliest voice you could imagine
>yadda yadda general consensus was, they don't care about their looks and voice, but rather get SRS, cause vaginas

I told my mom and a friend I'm out to and asked them whether they think normies see normal transgenders the same way I view these people. Both said they don't see the difference. I'm just as weird for being trans.

My question is why are normal transitioners associated with those men who snapped in their midlife crisis?

I know this is an echo chamber but I'm so weirded out by their response, I'll take everything right now.
>>
I came to that realization forever ago OP. Only way I've learned to fight it is by making fun of hons/AGPs in front of other people, it's at least gotten my gf and a close friend to come around, but still most people and p much the entirety of my family think I'm just like any other hon, like my dad couldn't understand how I thought I was different for transitioning at 17 than some giga hon with no hair, not even wearing a wig, who started hrt in her 50s that he had met it work. It feels a little dehumanizing to know even most people who support me think me the same as a hon, but ah well, most people suck.
>>
>>7635460
>Both said they don't see the difference. I'm just as weird for being trans.
Why did you expect them to see a difference?
They're cishet normies.
>>
>>7635533
I'm kind of trying this. But then sometimes you get people that are ultra liberal and ask you why you are such an ignorant prick.
>>7635557
I thought it was obvious from looks alone.
>>
The only difference is they had to spend an additional 30 years going insane from dysphoria, and you were lucky enough to have been born much later than them
>>
>>7635603
>I'm kind of trying this. But then sometimes you get people that are ultra liberal and ask you why you are such an ignorant prick.

Tell them to go lose some more elections.
>>
>>7635460
>>7635611
If everyone could be perfectly genderswapped, we would see no difference between different kinds of transitioners, or between cis and trans people.
>>
>>7635611
I kind of can't believe they had any until now if even now.
>>7635614
Ha, I'm liberal too, but I'm not into the social justice thing
>>
File: Ray_Blanchard.png (87KB, 180x180px) Image search: [Google]
Ray_Blanchard.png
87KB, 180x180px
>>7635460
someone tried to teach everyone the difference
it didn't go well
>>
>>7635646
But he says AGPs are the trutrans and HSTSs are the trenders.
>>
>>7635693
that's one interpretation of his work that i posted a while ago because i was pissed off at the 'trutrans/agp' dichotomy
the reality, that blanchard himself will tell you and that i've tried to tell a lot of people, is that hsts and agp are not meant to be trutrans/falsetrans but onetrans/anothertrans
trans politics would progress greatly if people could recognize hsts and a*p (aap is far more common than even the apologists who allow for it think, clearly making up the same majority of trans men that agps do of trans women) as real and equally valid forms of transsexualism, but not the exact same disorder as they are so often passed off as
>>
>>7635705
It would be better if there was less rigif categories in general. Even cis and trans aren't rigid when you consider femboys, cis A*Ps, etc.
>>
>/transbian/ doesn't understand crossdressers
ROFL
>>
>>7635717
reading blanchard was actually my introduction to how 'cis' and 'trans' are strange categories
i have much, much more in common with a butch lesbian than a gay trans man despite sharing two fundamental identity traits with the latter and none with the former
i also realized that the thing i've been experiencing my whole life is agp, which really puts into perspective just how agp develops (hint: not through redirected pre-transition mtf dysphoria) and what can go wrong with some a*p transitions
i've also recognized that there are circumstances where referring to other trans people by their natal sex makes more sense and that treating a relationship where one partner is perceived female 100% of the time and the other male 100% of the time as a gay male relationship is inaccurate no matter how the former partner identifies
>>
>>7635721
>/transbian/
where
>>
>>7635730
>i have much, much more in common with a butch lesbian than a gay trans man despite sharing two fundamental identity traits with the latter and none with the former
Which identity traits do you mean? What is it you have in common?

I'm really struggling to work out who I have the most in common with.

>which really puts into perspective just how agp develops (hint: not through redirected pre-transition mtf dysphoria) and what can go wrong with some a*p transitions
What have you discovered for both of these?

>there are circumstances where referring to other trans people by their natal sex makes more sense
Which circumstances? I feel like a lot of my sexuality is more male. Maybe that's common for AGPs?

>and that treating a relationship where one partner is perceived female 100% of the time and the other male 100% of the time as a gay male relationship is inaccurate no matter how the former partner identifies
You mean a relationship between two men where one basically acts like a woman but doesn't consider himself trans is more like a straight relationship (trans or cis) than a gay relationship?

I agree with that. I would say that despite his identity there are trans parts to the female perceived guy. I bet AGPs are massively overrepresented in guys in that position, and AGP isn't exactly normal cis.
>>
>>7635803
>Which identity traits do you mean? What is it you have in common?
i have the same basic history of a butch lesbian in which we were both perceived as extremely masculine females attracted only to women, and face the specific hostility that only people with that experience face
i share with them the fact that i naturally act more male than female and so pretransition was extremely gnc, as opposed to aap trans guys who transition *into* being very gnc after being fairly normal straight girls
i have enough damn experience with being 'queer'-for-real that i don't have to use it as an identity
then aap trans guys turn around and make fun of me for being 'the token straight', because identity is apparently the only thing that matters
>What have you discovered for both of these?
that agp and aap require a masculinized and feminized brain, respectively, to exist -- both are specifically presentations of the thought process associated with the natal sex they almost always pop up in
i've met a couple weird edge cases, but with extra data (e.g. agp trans women experiencing mild aap after transitioning...and taking female hormones for several years with the associated neurological changes) they make sense
this also means that a substantial minority of a*p transitioners absolutely should not transition because they are not cut out for it outside the world of fantasy, as i, a natal female with agp, know bitterly well
>Which circumstances?
when they live and behave as their natal sex ('behaving as' doesn't just mean gnc, an effeminate gay man is pretty different to a woman)
>I feel like a lot of my sexuality is more male. Maybe that's common for AGPs?
agp is inherently a masculine orientation
>You mean a relationship between two men where one basically acts like a woman but doesn't consider himself trans is more like a straight relationship (trans or cis) than a gay relationship?
no, a relationship between two men where one is a pre-transition, feminine, aap trans guy
>>
>>7635843
>that agp and aap require a masculinized and feminized brain, respectively, to exist -- both are specifically presentations of the thought process associated with the natal sex they almost always pop up in
>agp is inherently a masculine orientation
In that way are they part of the thought processes of their usual natal sex?

>this also means that a substantial minority of a*p transitioners absolutely should not transition because they are not cut out for it outside the world of fantasy, as i, a natal female with agp, know bitterly well
What identified that substantial minority from the majority who should transition? In what way are they not cut out for it outside fantasy?

What's your AGP experience?

>when they live and behave as their natal sex
>a relationship between two men where one is a pre-transition, feminine, aap trans guy
I see. What should it be treated as? It doesn't properly match a gay or straight relationship.

Do equivalent relationships exist between a woman and a pre-transition AGP trans woman? Pre-transition trans women seem to have a harder job acting masculine than trans guys do acting feminine. But maybe that's just stereotyping.
>>
OP is AGP straight male fetishist.
>>
>>7635948
where do you get this idea
>>
>>7635460
>arguing over what makes someone a female, when its imaginary in the first place

kek.
>>
>>7635978
Gender is not a social construct and even if it was the construct says hons are not women
>>
>>7635955
>I'm a trans woman
>>
>>7636010
alrighty
>>
>>7636003
>hons are cis but I'm not
You can't have your cake and eat it. Do people get to define their gender identity or don't they?
>>
>>7636022
they don't. gender identity is hard wired, you can't just decide 20 years into marriage with kids that you NEED to wear skirts. wtf
>>
You can't decide 18 years into your life you need to wear skirts.
If you do not transition before puberty you are a straight male fetishist, not trutrans.
>>
gender is hard wired, you can't just decide that you NEED to wear skirts. wtf
>>
>>7636040
bait but I'll take it.

Back in the 00's and 90's HRT and such things were essentially unheard of, so #trutranz people had to just suffer for the most part.

You kids have it easy these days.
>>
>>7636060
>Yet these people never showed signs of being gender non conforming or being depressed through dysphoria generally. One day when their marriage became too boring they decided, they are women now. They never even thought of it before. Hence the "bell ringing". ACTUAL transgender know their whole life they want to be the other gender, no matter if they know what transgender is or if they even know about transition. They always knew and wished.
>>
>>7636060
>>7636040
Also, back then even being gay was very bashable. If people thought you were gay you'd be beat in school and harassed endlessly, let alone if you were openly/actually gay. Trans was both unheard of by the vast majority of people (including trannies who had to transition after their teens) and something that was essentially suicide. Social and career suicide, if not far worse.

You ingrates have it so easy, show some respect for the people who made it easy for you.

You can't start HRT if you don't even know it's a thing.
>>7636079
I'm not talking about 40-50 year old hons. Those are clearly fetishists and fucking weirdos. I'm talking about people who started hormones in the 19-20's bracket.
>>
>>7635460
>I am on a dating app for gay men (and trans)

Lmao. If you are on Grindr, you have absolutely no right to judge.
>>
>>7636088
This thread is about hons friend.
18 is clearly the earliest you can do without parental approval and 20 might be excusable
>>
>>7636097
>18 is clearly the earliest you can do without parental approval

S E L F M E D
E
L
F
M
E
D
>>
>>7636091
I'm not.

I'm still curious. How would grindr exclude me from this discussion?
>>
>tfw repressing
>tfw future hon
>tfw missed my chance
>>
>>7636103
Hard to order things before you own a bank card or a place to order to.
We're not in thailand
>>
>>7636097
You said:
>If you do not transition before puberty you are a straight male fetishist, not trutrans
Transition before/during puberty can only be done in the current decade.
Anyone from previous decades had to start later as a result of circumstance. It doesn't mean they didn't feel that way their whole lives.

But yeah, confirmed b8 anyway.
>>7636103
I started self-medding in 2008, just after I turned 19. Had only heard of it being a thing at 18.
Tomorrow I turn 28.
Not all of us got to know about these things, and when I started it was much, much more fringe and harder to get knowledge on than it is now. But you kids (not necessarily you but definitely the other person I'm responding to) don't know or understand that.

Things were not always as they are now.
>>
>>7636106
Because you are on a dating site for faggots (and trannies), which means you do not actually see yourself as a woman. You're not trutrans, so yes, you do deserve to be placed in the same category as those hons you despise.
>>
>>7636119
>>7636129 here
Here's how you do it.
I helped a 16 year old get started, they're nearing 18 now.

Get a job at a place like Wendy's that gives you a visa card for your pay. Use visa card to order hormones (QHI takes visa). Order hormones via poste restante (look it up)

This bypasses your parents finding out unless you're a retard with hiding your hormones. They easily can snoop through all your shit so keep that in mind.

It's very doable nowadays. Don't be lazy, start the process now.
>>
>>7636129
>>If you do not transition before puberty you are a straight male fetishist, not trutrans
I didn't. I said if you are able to let 40 years of your life go by, being a bench pressing, beer drinking, football loving, women impregnating, beard shaving their sons teaching, proud man, you are not trans. Real trans women would never behave that way. Even if they didn't get HRT they'd still retain a neutral personality, not that of an army soldier.
>>
>>7636135
Dude, what does it matter how I identify as. People on there love trannies. I don't care what they think about me. It's about free fucks. I don't want to marry them.
>>
>>7636152
Look at this post, tardo. >>7636040
That's the post I initially responded to. If that's not you, then quit arguing their case because I wasn't even arguing against you in that case.
>>
>>7636152
>Real trans women would never behave that way.
No true transwoman.
>>
>>7636168
It's true though
>>7636162
You linked wrong then, don't blame me
>>
>>7636159
If you get pounded in the ass by faggots who see you as a feminine man, you are not a woman, sorry. I am revoking your woman card, hand it over.
>>
>>7636185
Here have it. Now gtfo

Actually I only fuck with the guys who get transgenderism but thanks
>>
>>7635460
You're retarded, OP. And there is no cure for that amount of retardness, I am sorry.
>>
>>7636206
triggered hon count is rising
>>
File: images.jpg (8KB, 234x216px) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
8KB, 234x216px
>>7635705
This. Blanchard-kun always meant AGP/HSTS as being two sides of the same trutrans(tm) coin. He never said that being AGP somehow invalidates person's trans identity, just explains their motivation, that's all.
>>
>>7635705
I'll never be able to get over this until they rename "hsts" to something that makes sense.
>>
>>7636245
The bullshit about blanchard is that he assumes that only adults with a sexuality can be trans. I knew I was trans before I developed sexual urges.
>>
>>7636249
Until society starts seeing trans women as real women, straight trans women will always be "faggy trannies (a.k.a. gay bois who took their dicksucking fetish too far)" to them.
>>
>>7636253
This. It's actually the opposite in that trutrans can only exist in a pure state wherein the transperson has no sexuality. Hence why early transitioning is necessary.
>>
>>7636253
Yeah well, Blanchard is not a god, of course he's not always right but his typology is stellar.
>>
>>7636259
People already see trans women as real women, if I said I was homosexual to my friends they would be like "yeah I know, we could tell by the plaid flannel". They'd think "lesbian", not "oh she means she's attracted to guys, because obviously our friend isn't a real woman haha".
>>
File: hmm.gif (8KB, 476x322px) Image search: [Google]
hmm.gif
8KB, 476x322px
>>7636267
Didn't you say you were leaving /lgbt/? What changed?
>>
>>7636279
Everybody said she was lying at the time.
>>
>>7636286
Women are such liars.
>>
>>7636267
Fuuuuuck, she's so hot. I want those teeth on my nipples and that green hair draped over my breasts, as my toes curl and I start saying her name involuntarily.
>>
File: cancerposter (2).jpg (161KB, 640x1136px) Image search: [Google]
cancerposter (2).jpg
161KB, 640x1136px
>>7636267
Have you shaved your Mexistache yet?
>>
>>7635705
But it is a valid dichotomy. AGPs aren't actually trans like HSTS are. They have no dysphoria until after their fetish takes over. They have masculinized brains and are inherently masculine as you say. You say both groups are trans women but everything you say about the AGP group essentially says that they're paraphillic men. I'm sure deep down you probably see it the same way and don't actually consider AGPs the gender they desire to be.
>>
>>7636376
No no, you don't get it. They are both trans but one of them is sexually motivated.
>>
>>7636404
No they're not. AGPs don't have feminized brains like trutrans do. They're not androphillic like trutrans are. Gender identity means jack shit and even you will ignore it when the typology or research suits it. Tell me what makes them women? They're men with a fetish and are male in every tangible way. The research says exactly that. Why ignore it when all the evidence points in that direction? Even sillolhon says that AGPs and trutrans should be separated in the same manner men are separated from women.
>>
>>7636451
>They're men with a fetish and are male in every tangible way.
Same as HSTSs.
>>
>>7636451
>implying all trutrans are androphilic

You're as lesbophobic as Blanchard tbqh
>>
>>7636472
HSTS aren't sexually motivated tho. They have feminized brain structure and act more like a female than a male. After transition they fit in better with natal females than natal males. You can even tell they're female by their voice and mannerisms. They have more of a tangible claim to womanhood than AGPs do.
>>
>>7636253
Wrong, "analloerotic" or asexual were included, and if had actually read Blanchard you would know this
>>
>>7635611
I'm sure for some people that's true but it's not like transitioning is a new concept. Its existed in some form since the ancient world. So I think the number of people who had no choice but to repress is lower than you think. Social attitudes are one thing but eventually you think they'd do some research or something.

Those who legitimately repressed thenslaves into honhood have my sympathy tho.
>>
>>7636152
i once knew someone who was essentially the epitome of masculinity. tall, strong, mature, calm, all the good stuff. well paid at a respectable job, hot wife, three well behaved kids, nice house, everything. (i know it in this much detail cos i had a massive crush on him, shut up.)

his suicide note said that he was completely aware of being trans ever since he was very young, but essentially had a breakdown at ~14, lashed out heavily at femininity, and made the conscious decision to "at least be the best man he could be," but he just couldn't take it anymore.

you're making these sweeping generalizations about people, without giving any thought to just how complex and diverse humans are.
>>
>>7636769
Sad. How old was he at the end?

I wonder why he didn't try being open to his femininity finally.

This really shows why we should have sympathy and stop people in that situation when they are young from feeling they have to lash out and repress.

Having a crush on him was a big coincidence.
>>
File: starter packs.png (1MB, 1400x999px) Image search: [Google]
starter packs.png
1MB, 1400x999px
>>7636616
>but eventually you think they'd do some research or something.
>>
>>7637036
he was 47. he mentioned in the note that he didn't want to put his wife through his personality/preferences suddenly being different from what she'd always known, though i guess he didn't/couldn't consider that being alone would be worse.
>>
File: Cheryl_Avery.jpg (27KB, 576x432px) Image search: [Google]
Cheryl_Avery.jpg
27KB, 576x432px
>>7637060
>tfw born in 1994 and watched SVU religiously

Welp
>>
>>7635611
Cute, you think they thought this way during their teens and 20s

No, they didn't. They're projecting their beta, passive attitude onto transgender. It's a fetish for them and it's people like you legitimizing their bullshit that has made turn it into a lifestyle
>>
File: shrug.jpg (9KB, 252x200px) Image search: [Google]
shrug.jpg
9KB, 252x200px
>>7637060
>tfw born in 1990
>tfw ended up on 4chan in 2004
>>
>>7637060
>mfw born in 1987
>>
>>7636509
Gender is a social construct

You literally cannot "act more like a female than a male" in biological terms.
>>
File: puberty.jpg (37KB, 572x488px) Image search: [Google]
puberty.jpg
37KB, 572x488px
>>7637060
:^)
>>
>>7636509
Stop calling them HSTS lol, it's so stupid
>>
>>7637128
that's not even true though, where's your imagination? intersex people existing completely debunks your opinion. there are lots of even cis guys that have low testosterone, or whatever the case.

this is a dumb thing that you said.
>>
>>7637078
When was he born? I guess it was late seventies at the latest when he had his breakdown. Less understanding times. But trans people must still be going through his situation, even though transition is more well known now.

>though i guess he didn't/couldn't consider that being alone would be worse.
I wonder why not. He loved her but he couldn't face what it would be like for her if he came out.

Really sad. The kids lost him too.

The fear of coming out to wives is really harmful. Relationships should be more understanding and supportive.
>>
>>7637133
Or you know, dress and act like a MAN..
>>
>>7637163
he was born in 1966 i think. im pretty sure she would've been understanding, she's a fairly liberal person.

this shit just kinda sucks, and im sorry for what you all have to go through.
>>
File: huh.png (346KB, 786x438px) Image search: [Google]
huh.png
346KB, 786x438px
>>7637078
>>7637163
How can someone manage to repress until they're 47? Fucking 47? Sure, the 70s were fag-hating times but still trannies existed even then.
>>
>>7637206
yeah, and he saw them and hated them. im just grateful that he got over his hate of women long enough for me to get to know him.
>>
>>7637198
>im pretty sure she would've been understanding, she's a fairly liberal person.
That's even more tragic. How did she cope afterwards?

>im sorry for what you all have to go through.
You're not MTF?
>>
>>7637235
she's doing better. the kids are grown up and able to look after her now.

and no, im a cis girl.
>>
>>7637245
Would be funny if her kids turned out trans as well.
Does she have sons?
>>
>>7637206
They repress for 47, and then STOP repressing, thats how
>>
>>7637210
Why did he hate women?

>>7637245
Is it because of him that you visit /lgbt/?
>>
>>7637274
>They repress for 47
Except that they aren't repressing before they start being gender non-conforming.
>>
>>7637276
he didn't actually hate women, he just hated that they got to be women and he didn't, and that caused resentment and anger.

i'm part of the B's.
>>7637304
i dont think you know what repression means?
>>7637267
that would be kinda funny, in a really sad way.
>>
>>7637060
>tfw born exactly in the middle in 1994
>tfw passing face but nonpassing body
>>
>>7637356
>tfw born at the end of 1994
>tfw perfectly passing body but nonpassing face
>>
>>7637333
>he didn't actually hate women, he just hated that they got to be women and he didn't, and that caused resentment and anger.
How did he display that resentment and anger? It didn't stop him having a family and being attractive to you.

I'm scared that I feel resentment like that.
>>
>tfw lesbian transwoman
>tfw have not a lick of AGP
>tfw wear cargo pants and baggy sweatshirts almost all the time, ocassionally wear shorts w black stockings

honestly, i think that the people who propagate this "AGP vs. trutrans" myth are just bitter straight women who cant get a date.

think about it. most men are terrified of being seen in public with a trans woman, much less dating one. also men have ridiculous beauty standards compared to women.

most of the transbians on this board including myself have had gfs before. not only that but i can date bi/pan/les girls bretty easily. i joined HER (lesbian dating app), and made it explicitly clear in my dating profile that im MTF and i got like 5 matches within the first week.
>>
>>7637407
he eventually came to terms with it, I guess. I didn't know him when he was younger (i'm only 24), but he was nothing but a perfect gentleman towards me.
>>
>>7637411
>>tfw lesbian transwoman
>>tfw have not a lick of AGP
>>tfw wear cargo pants and baggy sweatshirts almost all the time, ocassionally wear shorts w black stockings

Are you literally me?

>and made it explicitly clear in my dating profile that im MTF

But for what purpose?
>>
>>7637442
But you know he used to feel anger and resentment?

What was his attitude to trans people?
>>
>>7637494
Trans people are disgusting, any real trans person could tell you that.
>>
>>7637494
yeah, he mentioned it during deep conversations a few times.

as far as i know he was the live and let live type. i'm sure there was some jealousy of the way treatment of trans people is improving, but never struck me as the type to let it get the best of him or his emotions.

ps. does it come across how fucking huge of a crush i had on him? cos it was pretty bad and still is.
>>
>>7637356
>tfw passing face but nonpassing body
Same tbqh

J U S T
U
S
T
>>
>>7637505
>yeah, he mentioned it during deep conversations a few times.
What did he say about it? Were there any clues that he had trans feelings?

>ps. does it come across how fucking huge of a crush i had on him? cos it was pretty bad and still is.
Yes. Sad. How did learning about his trans feelings affect how you felt about him? You said he was a perfect gentleman, but that presumably put you in the same position as his wife, seeing him act as the best man he could be while wishing he didn't have to.
>>
>>7637550
i honestly never would have guessed. it was a pretty big revelation to all of us. i suppose it probably explains why he didnt like most "guy things" like sports and whatever, but i dont think that's inherently a trans thing.

if i wasnt bi it might have bugged me a little, but as it stands im very much into strong soft-butch women, so it doesn't really.
>>
>>7637599
>im very much into strong soft-butch women

o.o
>>
>>7637599
I can't think of anything else to ask, but anything else you can say would be good to hear.

I decided not to transition, so this speaks to me because of that.
>>
File: anja-edin.png (320KB, 443x550px) Image search: [Google]
anja-edin.png
320KB, 443x550px
>>7637650
i'm not really sure what i could really tell you, as i've no idea what dysphoria feels like. i read a quote somewhere, and i'll do a terrible job paraphrasing it but: "if you're thinking, 'by the time im done with that, i'll be in my 40s,' just keep in mind, that you will eventually be 40 anyways." or something.

>>7637647
e.e
>>
>>7637717
I meant anything else about the person you knew, what his life was life, how you feel about him looking back, how he felt about things.

>"if you're thinking, 'by the time im done with that, i'll be in my 40s,' just keep in mind, that you will eventually be 40 anyways."
This and "Would you rather be an old woman or an old man?" make me doubt how trans I am. I want to be female, but I don't want to be old, as a man or a woman.
>>
>>7637748
i'm not really sure how to answer any of that. he was very kind and generous, and always made you feel like the most important person in the world when he talked to you. i don't feel any differently towards him knowing how he felt now, and i dont think it would've changed how i felt even if he had decided to transition instead. i can't imagine he would get results he'd be satisfied with (he was huge), but i would much prefer to still have him in my life.
>>
File: kate_moennig.jpg (36KB, 352x400px) Image search: [Google]
kate_moennig.jpg
36KB, 352x400px
>>7637717
>tfw I want to cut my hair short, but I'm terribly self-conscious about my face, so I have to signal in other ways

JUST
>>
>>7637085
>tfw born in 1990 and watched SVU religiously
>tfw wqhen you thought you were reverse Reimer but the penny still didn't drop

Welp
>>
File: 234.jpg (13KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
234.jpg
13KB, 400x400px
>>7637784
>My question is why are normal transitioners associated with those men who snapped in their midlife crisis?

Because it's fucking disgusting to normal people for reasons that should be obvious if you spent any time outside of your anime hugbox circlejerk.
>>
File: o1jqyjA2I91v3o70io1_1280.jpg (210KB, 1260x1260px) Image search: [Google]
o1jqyjA2I91v3o70io1_1280.jpg
210KB, 1260x1260px
>>7637786
face is only important if you're horribly disfigured. even a 3/10 face can be compensated for by having a nice body, and all that takes is hard work and diet. i believe in you~ <3

>>7637792
misquote?
>>
>>7637784
It's a sad story. People should be more understood.

>i can't imagine he would get results he'd be satisfied with
This is painful. No matter how accepting the world is, your own body is still wrong.

>but i would much prefer to still have him in my life.
I'm sorry. I won't let myself put someone in the situation of his wife by making myself act like a man that much.
>>
>>7637792
To be fair, they are different, but both are mentally ill.

Older men, because they fetishized the fuck out of it, or become fatigued with responsibility of being a man...

And younger men, because they feel being a man is just a woeful curse.
>>
>>7637411
>tfw AGP
>tfw prefer dudes
the AGP vs trutrans myth makes me want to cry.
>>
File: plaid.jpg (96KB, 500x375px) Image search: [Google]
plaid.jpg
96KB, 500x375px
>>7637821
>tfw no cis les gym buddy

Why this
>>
File: o4wvijP9VR1tjd582o1_1280.jpg (72KB, 1080x805px) Image search: [Google]
o4wvijP9VR1tjd582o1_1280.jpg
72KB, 1080x805px
>>7637887
surprisingly, the best place to find gym buddies is... at the gym. ;)

not me though. id like to just watch, thanks.
>>
>>7637060
Well time out. That's not quite right at all. I was born in 1995 and I was exposed to the left plenty. Honspaces like that kept me scared out of transitioning more than media since that stuff was Hollywood anyway, fiction. I still did my own research though and that's where I discovered that this isnt a new thing and that I could pass if I put reasonable effort into things. I appreciate your point but it's flawed.
>>
>>7636769
Sorry but what method did he use to suicide?
>>
>>7638018
that's... kinda weird, but he shot himself in the temple.
>>
>>7638018
why ask that?
>>
>>7638074
>>7638116
It's a trans person fishing for an effective method.
>>
Normies who don't have occasion to think about trans stuff all that often generally just see trannies as "guys who think they're girls", and the stereotypes that would immediately follow from that thesis are what lead to the perception that all trannies are like the hulks in their 40's wearing miniskirts. It's not completely misguided either, since our successes are only one side of the coin, while their failures are the other.

Young trannies would certainly be the likelier candidates to care about their looks because we have something to salvage. Old hons still want to be trannies, but they acknowledge that the looks department closed for them ages ago, so they just cluster in their own weird subsection.

I don't really identify with any trans community at this point, so their internal problems don't really concern me. I'm dealing with my own people individually, and they know that I'm not fucking around, so the topic isn't one we usually bother with.
>>
>>7638188
>I don't really identify with any trans community at this point, so their internal problems don't really concern me. I'm dealing with my own people individually, and they know that I'm not fucking around, so the topic isn't one we usually bother with.
What do you mean? You pass and come from a minority group?
>>
>>7638214
I pass and so I could just be stealth if I wanted to be, but I'm not, or at least not when I'm with friends or family. As for a minority group, no, I just mean that as far as the people I hang out with are concerned, most of them just see me as a chick or a not ridiculous tranny, because it's clear that I'm putting the effort in and it's paying off.
>>
>>7638188
Hons are the focal point usually because the cute passing ones are invisible
>>
>>7638004
>>>>>1995
>>
>>7637788
I identified with ftms better growing up because I thought they were girls that dressed like boys. I thought I was a girl, I just wore boy's clothes because everyone told me I was a boy.
Now everyone's like, "but you acted like a boy" and I'm just like, "because you told me to".
>>
>>7638710
>Now everyone's like, "but you acted like a boy" and I'm just like, "because you told me to".
What were the things they considered acting like a boy but that you only did because they said to?
>>
>>7638710
Are you me? I literally thought the whole boy/girl dichotomy was entirely arbitrary. I just acted like a boy so I wouldn't get beat up. I'd have been a total tomboy if I'd been born a girl though
>>
>>7637788
Holy shit, the first time I heard about Reimer I went to go check my dick for surgical scars, and was disappointed when I didn't find any/my penis seemed to be in perfect working order. I was like 6-7.
>>7638710
>>7638778
I sorta get this. I only acted more like a boy because my mom told me to stop acting like a girl for basically my whole life.
And before the age where there was a division between boys and girls, I basically thought of myself as a tomboy. I was disappointed at around 9-ish when every other girl who was a tomboy got tired of it and started become young women and my stupid body didnt get pretty like their's.
>>
>>7639003
iktf, I believed the scar that ran the length of the underside of my penis (the one that forms in-utero) was proof I had surgery at ~8 years, I guess these were some of my first trans feels
>>
>>7638130
Yes, I'm the person who asked and that is true, sorry if I come across as insensitive, was not my intention.
>>
>>7635843
wait, so you are a trans guy with agp?
>>
>>7639823
Wouldn't that be AAP?
>>
>>7635906
>What identified that substantial minority from the majority who should transition? In what way are they not cut out for it outside fantasy?
not being able to or even wanting to join the other sex socially, and so facing extreme hostility when they try
overestimating the degree to which a*p causes dysphoria for them and developing dysphoria from their transitioned sex traits
>What's your AGP experience?
pretty typical anatomical agp stuff, wanting a vagina while being horrified by my own, etc
>Do equivalent relationships exist between a woman and a pre-transition AGP trans woman?
well, the very same 'gay' female-presenting aap trans guy who made me realize the relationship i was seeing was straight-on-some-level previously dated an agp who at the time was identifying as a trans girl (now back to cis guy)
they called it a straight relationship, and, well, it was
>Pre-transition trans women seem to have a harder job acting masculine than trans guys do acting feminine. But maybe that's just stereotyping.
if anything the opposite is true -- agps polarize into 'failed male' and 'extremely masculine represser', while aaps are near-universally 'failed female'
>>7636249
i agree that hsts is a weird term, but in the context it was created in it's the only one that fits
i've suggested csts (classic transsexual) as a replacement, and go back and forth on using hsts for a hypothetical third category who had real identities as lgb people before their transition
>>7636279
cara has quit, i'm talking to her on snapchat
she's too busy with nikki to go on /tttt/
anyone else is an impersonator
>>7636376
someone being trans in a very different way to me does not make them not trans, though i agree a*p people generally need more gatekeeping
>>7636769
well yeah, almost every suicide case is agp
that's one reason why 'agp is falsetrans' is so fucking ridiculous
>>
>>7640419
also, forgot to reply:
>>7639823
yes
>>7640010
no, i am not autoandrophilic, i am a man (female) who fits the hsts ftm profile and also experiences autogynephilia
>>
>>7637100
That doesn't mean younger people aren't doing that
>>
>>7640419
>not being able to or even wanting to join the other sex socially, and so facing extreme hostility when they try
In what way do they not want to? How is that distinguished from being unable to due to not passing, which could happen to any trans person, AGP or not?

>overestimating the degree to which a*p causes dysphoria for them and developing dysphoria from their transitioned sex traits
I don't really feel dysphoric but I still think I'd feel more comfortable with female traits. How do I tell if transition would give me dysphoria?

>pretty typical anatomical agp stuff, wanting a vagina while being horrified by my own, etc
But as a natal female there is no typical AGP for you! Being disgusted by your own vagina isn't something AGPs can possibly experience without SRS. Do some feel it after SRS?

>well, the very same 'gay' female-presenting aap trans guy who made me realize the relationship i was seeing was straight-on-some-level previously dated an agp who at the time was identifying as a trans girl (now back to cis guy)
>they called it a straight relationship, and, well, it was
Is that the perfect relationship for AAPs/AGPs? What was straight about that relationship and the previous one, besides presentation?

>if anything the opposite is true -- agps polarize into 'failed male' and 'extremely masculine represser', while aaps are near-universally 'failed female'
I meant trans women and men in general, not just A*Ps. Where do other trans women fit, if not the two extremes? Why are AAPs less often extremely feminine repressers?

>well yeah, almost every suicide case is agp
Why is that? How can you know it?
>>
>>7641600
>Being disgusted by your own vagina isn't something AGPs can possibly experience without SRS.
"most AGPs", evidently.
>>
Hons get more exposure.
It's sad.
Thread posts: 143
Thread images: 18

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.