[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

The trend of postmodernism in academia has reached critical mass.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 2

File: trumpo.jpg (64KB, 1180x842px) Image search: [Google]
trumpo.jpg
64KB, 1180x842px
The trend of postmodernism in academia has reached critical mass.
For those who don't follow the latest fads in "scholarly" circles, postmodernism is a cultural movement that furthers the rejection of objectivity and certainty that was started by the, you guessed it, modernists. Modernism itself superseded the Enlightenment era, modernism being the rejection of Enlightenment ideals. Enlightenment ideals being those of writers like Benjamin Franklin, Thomas Paine, and John Locke. Therefore a layman's definition of the postmodern movement, is the extreme skepticism and rejection of the values on which the American Revolution was fought. Not enough attention is brought to this fact in contemporary circles and especially within our educational institutions.
On the contrary, in colleges and universities across America the ideals that led to our Great Nation are dismissed as baseless and even absurd. What education is to be gained from being told that the way of your ancestors was simply a passing fad and that there is no value behind one's values? How can these educators and academics even cling to this movement when it flies in the face of their profession. Do they need to be reminded of the Scholastic tradition that gave birth to our modern idea of universities? The values of the enlightenment were not a new fad that happened to be in vogue during one civilization's golden age. Enlightenment values are the core philosophies on which Western civilization were built. There is a common thread through the Greek Empire, the Roman Empire, the Renaissance, and the Enlightenment Era. Each age was more wildly successful in many ways than the last, and each held at its core certain values that stayed constant. No amount of skepticism can deny that societies that value freedom, honor, justice, and tradition are better to live in than societies that value ever-changing winds.
>>
As Americans (and more generally as Westerners) we owe much of our current prosperity to what was left for us, and if America is to have a future we must return that favor to our offspring. One such thing that was so graciously given to me by right of birth was the United States Constitution. Postmodernists have even attacked this sacred document (1), but on what grounds? The Constitution of this Union was not a passing fad that was made at the whim of aristocrats and Freemasons that controlled the proletariat. Our Constitution is built on top of other political documents that stretch back to the beginning of history. Each society that the West would claim its own had to fight for the basic principles that our Constitution espouses, these values are ancient, and every society that follows them seems to be granted with relative peace and prosperity. How long will academics of the West continue the study of this postmodern ruse to the detriment of themselves and their community?
Any group of people whose philosophies rely on a postmodern crutch, please examine yourselves. Though no, I cannot prove the objective value of anything, I can prove the pragmatic value of Freedom. To what end will our academics continue to reject the foundations that made academia possible? While it may be interesting to examine Emily Bronte's Wuthering Heights through a postmodernist lens, people should remain aware of the consequences of their words and actions. Socrates was sent to his death on the false charge of "corrupting the youth" when he asked his students to question what they believed in order to better understand the truth. Postmodernists seem to think they are doing the same thing, except they tell their students that there is no truth.

What is a Postmodern Constitutionalism?, Jack M. Balkin
>>
>>7631569
this
>>
>>7638054
I didn't read the shit before, but "this" is going to trick me into doing so?
>>
>>7631569
you sound mad.
shouldn't you be happy, now that your patriot had become president?
>>
File: 1465186907973.gif (582KB, 853x480px) Image search: [Google]
1465186907973.gif
582KB, 853x480px
>>7631569
Not reading all of that.
>>
Pretty sure this belongs on /pol/ or maybe /his/.
Thread posts: 7
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.