[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hey there, calling out to all transgender people. >Are you

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 78
Thread images: 8

File: s5vf5y.jpg (27KB, 320x240px) Image search: [Google]
s5vf5y.jpg
27KB, 320x240px
Hey there, calling out to all transgender people.

>Are you currently on hormones?
>How long have you been on hormones?
>What did you to get on them?
>How long did it take to get on them?
>How is your life now afterwards?
>>
Yes
3 1/2 years
Went to family doctor who sent me to a private therapist who gave me a referral to a psychiatrist who referred me to an endocrinologist
about a year
I don't want to kill myself when I look in the mirror

From canada
>>
Yea

4 months

Bought them from inhouse pharmacy

Took 5 months to get a job so that I can buy the hormones, then 10 days for inhouse pharmacy to ship

Testosterone before was 385 ng/dL, now it's 28 ng/dL. People are getting friendlier to me even when I don't pass, because I'm getting cuter/prettier by the week.
>>
Yes
22 months.
Went to a psychologist who sent me to a psychiatrist who sent me to an endo.
2 years.
Pretty shitty but at least I don't want to kill myself anymore
>>
>>7624509
yes
2 years
self med
I don't really know exactly but it took a while since religious parents and I found out how to self med here.
shitty because everyone would always give me advice
>"oh hon you should just wait until you are 18 to make those choices teehee"
>"HORMONES ARE DANGEROUS HON"
fuck these people, seriously
>>
>>7624606
and im pretty much a hon now so fuck my shit up.
>>
>>7624572
>anigif_enhanced-22584-141(...).gif
Did you know that avatarfagging on /lgbt/ is a bannable offense, friendo?
>>
>>7624614
Sames tbqh
t. >>7624595
>>
>>7624640
do you want to cuddle anon?
>>
>>Are you currently on hormones?
Yes
>>How long have you been on hormones?
10 months
>>What did you to get on them?
Saw medical processional until I had my diagnosis and referral, then self medicated when I was put on a waiting list to start. Then I was prescribed legally on my first visit.
>>How long did it take to get on them?
7 months
>>How is your life now afterwards?
Better in every single way.
>>
>>7624650
I am too disgusting to be deserve hugs tbqhon
>>
>>7624630
It's not avatarfagging if the images are relevant to the board.

This is /lgbt/. HIM is a legendary crossdressing drag queen effeminate homosexual devil.

But pearlposter, go ahead and ban. Pearl has nothing to do with LGBT.
>>
>>7624726
tbqhon
i wouldn't mind
>>
>>7624746
Okay.jpg
>>
>>7624509
Yes
Almost 7 years now
Started working for my dad, ordered hormones online
Too long

I'm still going to die, but I would have died much much earlier without them. And I've had so many positive experiences since I started passing. So in the end, it was a net positive.
>>
>>7624509
yes
almost 4 months
5 years of therapy
5 years
I havent been depressed for a month so good

ftm
>>
>>7624831
Holy fug you waited 5 years? Test is even easier to get than estrogen.
I can't believe people wait over a year, at that point I'd assume doctors are just fucking with you
>>
>>7624800
kissu
>>
All of these posts talking about no longer being depressed after hormones... I seriously wonder if getting on steroids as a male will help my depression.
>>
>>7624858
well I was underaged and they had a hard time finding a doctor who would give T to someone as young as me.
>>
Yes

3 months estrogen, much longer on spiro

Informed consent clinic

I started spiro 1 week after my first appointment , then after many months + blood tests I got estrogen

Huh I feel like I'm still starting out so idk about "afterwards". Now I'm coming out to close family and looking to start hair removal + speech therapy.

23 mtf Canada
>>
>>7624858
>Test is even easier to get than estrogen
Are you high or what? Testosterone is MUCH HARDER to get than estrogen.
Not only T is controlled while E is not, but doctors and therapists are more hesitant to prescribe it because of irreversible effects.
>>
>>7625191
It's way way easier to get cause of tor markets and such.
Whereas for estrogen you'd have to risk ordering internationally it's very easy to get test domestically since it's so readily available on tor
>>
>>7625207
I was talking about the legit way.
idgaf about tor markets
>>
Yes
3.5 years
Came out to parents, went to therapist for 4 months, self meded for 6 months after being referred to endocrinologist while waiting for appointment
10 months officially, 4 months for self med
Great for the trans aspect, being trans isnt the main thing I think about anymore.
Even though I dont think I pass 100%, I dont really care. Literally not one person has ever said anything in public and I get correct pronouns, ma'am/miss etc
>>
File: KeCeUFi.png (423KB, 960x960px) Image search: [Google]
KeCeUFi.png
423KB, 960x960px
>>7624509
Yes
3 years now
January 21st, 2014
It didn't take me long. Roughly 4 months because I voluntarily got off before to freeze sperm.
In grad school and loving it. I escaped my mom's house and live with my gf. I wouldn't have been able to get a job where I used to live but with this I have a shot at life.
>>
Faggots
>>
>>7624549
>I don't want to kill myself when I look in the mirror
how long did it take for you to get to that point?
>>
>>7625207
>>7625191
No as someone who has bought roids, it's much harder to buy then the estrogen I got for my ex.

On the other hand, if you are experienced, you can atleast brew your own Test relatively cheap, which I'm not sure is possible with Estrogen. If you could home brew E (theoretically I don't see why not) I would be VERY interested in knowing how.
>>
>>7624509
Yeah
1 yr 2 mo
What is grammar?
Like a month
Fuckin great
>>
>>7625750
Testosterone is on basically every single tor market and is available domestically if you're in the US or Canada. Can't say the same for estrogen though.
It's like 10,000x easier and less risky to self-med on test than estrogen just cause no issues with customs and the tor markets are way more convenient and quicker shipping than places like QHI, alldaychemist, etc.
Like when I order weed off tor I usually get tracking, it ships within 24 hours, multisig payment protection, and I get my drugs delivered to my doorstep.
>>
>>7624509
yes
16 months
contacted my local clinic for gender dysphoria
it took me about 6 months from initial contact to get a prescription
this is in gatekeeping europe btw
its really great
>>
>>7625795
>unironically believes its easier and less risky to self med with T
i have seen it all
>>
>>7624509
Yup
1 year and a half with a few intermissions in there
Began self medding then visited a planeed parenthood informed consent clinic
Takes a while for deliveries which is why I had those breaks, planned parenthood was a single day
I lost over a 100lbs, went back to school, dissolved the majority of my mental problems, got a steady job and reconnected with my old friends. I'm still boymode but only for a little longer, this has been nothing but positive.
>>
>>7625929
It's easier to get access to is all I'm saying. I have yet to see a tor marketplace with estrogen yet test is on every single marketplace in ample availability.
I'm from Canada so it's especially difficult if you self-med but, with test it's pretty easily available in Canada. Usually there's like 3 or 4 test dealers in Canada on each marketplace, pretty easy to get domestically so zero legal risk is involved.

Self-medding with estrogen you're basically relying upon a gray area of law staying a gray area. Technically speaking importing unrestricted pharmaceuticals is illegal, if they search your package it flags your address which makes it annoyingly difficult in future orders for 6-7 years until records are wiped. You won't get charged since proving someone ordered a package isn't a worthwhile cause unless it's like a kilo of heroin, and even then it's tough because you can weasel out of it by covering up any details of orders.
>>
>>7625795
For someone who habitually buys from the darkweb or whatever, sure. Maybe Test is all over the place... but for your average person it's WAY easier to just get on alldaychemist and buy the stuff instead of fiddling with bitcoins, tumblers, tor and all that shit.

Plus you know your stuff isn't bunk because it comes from a lab, where your Test might be brewed in some dude's bathtub and the other compounds you get might be fake or something else.
>>
>>7626015
Online pharmacies aren't real pharmacies you know... It's just a ruse to trick law enforcement. You're getting the exact same stuff no matter what.
Plus bitcoins are like 10,000x easier than it used to be these days. I pay via credit or debit for mine and you don't necessarily need a tumbler if you're willing to take the risk, which is small. If you think they're going to track down a $100 order of testosterone you're being ridiculous. When they trace bitcoin transactions they only go for transactions in the $100k+ range because those are the only ones feasibly easy enough to track.
>>
File: 1415396069800.png (379KB, 1516x1734px) Image search: [Google]
1415396069800.png
379KB, 1516x1734px
Yep
Technically, since March 2015 but there where some large gaps without between then and now so about a year.
I got a friend of mine to drive me to the only Informed consent clinic that was a reasonable distance away at the time (one hour) with money I scrapped together from my shitty job.
probably about a year to a year and a half?
Well, better? Normal? I feel weird because Im so used to shit being terrible inside and I kinda dont know how to function like a normal person.
When you spend your entire life navigating through rooms that are filled with booby traps automatically, when all the rooms you enter are suddenly regular fucking rooms you are going to spend a long time checking someones sofa for traps.
If that makes sense.
>>
>>7624509
Yea
9 months
Told family doctor I wanted to be a girl. He thought I was tru trans despite me doing nothing to prove it.
One month
Good. It's too early to tell. I was outed to my family and they were okay, but they believe in the tumblr tomboy feminist stuff too much. I feel like I'm being used for their political agenda and I was forced to cross dress for Christmas because I wanted to pretend I liked their presents. I hate how everyone is obsessed with my sexuality/trying to figure out what it is. I don't get what's so important about that. I feel like progesterone changes sexuality to liking guys but I don't want to prove the people who think I'm gay right. My mom's also homophobic. I'm not suicidal anymore but that's because I'm not having despair about my future anymore. It's too early to have seen significant changes from the hormones.
>>
>>7624572
>Testosterone before was 385 ng/dL
Mine was like 190 ng/dL
Now its 9.
Is 385 the norm?
>>
File: 1423476826933.jpg (73KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
1423476826933.jpg
73KB, 600x600px
>>7624640
>>7624650
>>7624726
>>7624746
>>7624800
>>7624982

Jesus, Get a room you two
>>
>>7626125
AFAIK 385 is on the very lower end of normal T range especially for guys in their 20s
>>
>>7624729
>pearlposter
pearlposter is caraposter, newfag
though cara is probably quitting
>>
>>7626516
oh....shit. That's cause for concern.
>>
>>7626516
385 is in feminine pretty boy range, but still not low enough to qualify for testosterone replacement
>>
File: testosterone-levels-by-age.jpg (73KB, 600x394px) Image search: [Google]
testosterone-levels-by-age.jpg
73KB, 600x394px
>>7626547
The "official" range is 300-1000 but the thing with testosterone is that typical levels are actually dependent on age. I'm not a doctor but AFAIK less than 400 is abnormally low for a 20-something male.
>>
>>7626164
I wish i could hold anon in my arms

This isnt fair
>>
>>7626601
So what does a natural 190 mean for a mid to late 20s (then) male? Is it why my Tes is 9 on AAs now?
>>
>>7626622
it is beyond insanely low
the recommendations given here are too conservative, if you're mid-late 20s and below 500 you're too low
as a trans man this pisses me off because most trans men transition under 30 and the official recommendation for ftm t levels is around 500, while 700-800 is more reasonable at the age most of us are constantly monitoring our t levels
but yeah, 190 is ridiculous, there are cis women with pcos higher than that
>>
>>7626673
Well I was sterile before I started Hrt, but I was also pretty dude like then (sorta hairy, grew facial hair, etc.). This is starting to scare me, anon. it would also make sense as to why I have trouble sleeping (supposedly if your testosterone is low enough it can cause insomnia.) Im 30 now so, maybe its supposed to be super low now. I checked the normal female range for tes and Im currently below that, maybe I should call my doctor.
>>
>>7626601
>0 to 400: cute pretty boy
>400 to 600: average guy
>600 to 1000: handsome men with beards and muscles
>1000+: football linebacker/quarterback or bodybuilder
>>
>>7626601
What does it mean that my level is 17 instead of zero? Is this why I'm not an anime girl yet?
>>
>>7626805
postpubertal t levels are not correlated with appearance, except that the higher your t is the easier it is to build muscle (but the t levels needed to build substantial amounts of muscle are well above physiological)
there are high-t pretty boys and manly men with low t
>>
>>7626816
no, adult cis women do not have 0 t unless they have cais
their t levels are around yours
low t in women can have adverse effects on bone density and libido just like in men
>>
>>7626827
Amazingly enough my T went from 385 to 28 after 3.5 months of 100 mg spiro and 2 mg E a day (low doses). Spironolactone is kind of lousy so I expected pathetic results.

how is 28 ng/dL for a woman? the reason women get ugly as they age is because their small amount of testosterone causes them to masculinize a bit in their facial features, so you want to have lower T as a woman so you age better.
>>
>>7626847
>how is 28 ng/dL for a woman?
perfectly reasonable
>the reason women get ugly as they age is because their small amount of testosterone causes them to masculinize a bit in their facial features, so you want to have lower T as a woman so you age better
not really
i've seen enough women age with varying hormonal combinations to conclude female aging is a sack of shit no matter how you go about it
trans women get it worse than cis women unless they undergo cosmetic surgery, and they (postoperatively, i've never met a long-term non-op trans women even if she once said she was going to be, though i've met a couple trans women who got phalloplasty after srs because they regretted it but are still endocrinologically in the same place as any post-op woman) have higher estrogen and lower testosterone than even a lot of cis women on post-menopausal hrt (which not infrequently includes small t doses for the same libido and bone reasons i mentioned)
>>
>>7624509
yes
Almost a year
Ordered online and overpaid
Instant once I decided
Some things are better. I'm not as dysphoric. But I still want to kill myself.
>>
>>7626914
What qualifies as cosmetic surgery? Like if you get work done on your face before you even really start aging that badly, like in your 20s, would that help?
>>
yup
almost 3 years
informed consent, paid out of pocket until I got my own insurance
maybe about 6 months
infinitely better
>>
>>7626924
ffs hasn't been a thing for long enough to make a call about that, though trans women (speaking about earlier transitioners, which at the time meant late teens/early twenties) of the pre-ffs era age the worst of the lot
the people who age the best are those like lynn conway who get cosmetic surgery done *during* the aging process -- you could argue her ffs was for feminization purposes but she had passed without issue for thirty years before getting it, and her skin-related treatments definitely weren't for feminization
theoretically, getting ffs if necessary (and that's if actually *necessary*, not as a cosmetic treatment) when you need it to pass at a young age and then later getting anti-aging treatments when you need them should allow you to age decently by female standards
unlike male aging, the bad aspects of which can be prevented by staying in shape and getting non-invasive hair loss treatment, female aging is too deeply rooted to easily avoid
>>
>>7627053
>getting ffs if necessary (and that's if actually *necessary*, not as a cosmetic treatment)

Unless you started at 12-14 (and 14 is only if you're lucky), you will need FFS to pass.
>>
>>7627113
i've met enough trans women who transitioned past that point, sometimes twice that age or more, and didn't need ffs to dispute that
it depends on various factors (genetics, ethnicity, environment, medical situation, voice, mannerisms, how much work you're willing to put in to tip the balance towards consistently female if your face is iffy...)
i suspect at least half of the 'need ffs no matter what' crew on /tttt/ could pass without it, and i've seen enough pictures of those who say they need it to be confident in that fact -- most people here don't realize that cis girls with truly busted faces are pretty common, my favourite case being someone here who's 5'4", has a normal everyday /uglygirl/ face, and thinks she's a hon
>>
so basically taking hormones will make me not want to kill myself ?
>>
>>7627237
No, hormones only work if you're extremely dysphoric and actually transgender
>>
>>7627245
Well, she posted an anime girl picture, so I think it's pretty safe to assume she's transgender.

t. trans
>>
>>7627245
idk it's hard to quantify whether I'm actually trans or not but I've determined that if I'm not trans then I'm just extremely mentally ill.

if im not trans then i have no idea what is wrong with me ?
>>
>>7627282
read the blog thirdwaytrans
if you relate to it more than you do things written by people for whom transition was positive, reassess your situation
>>
>>7627292
i just read that a little and that person doesn't even sound trans

just like someone who thought they were trans but isn't, i don't identify with that at all
>>
>>7627308
yes, but he falsely thought it for *20 years*
that's the point -- i strongly recommend reading a wide variety of detransitioner bloggers to anyone who's questioning, because they were failed by trans communities in a way that i still see happening daily
some of the mistakes detransers make are obvious (like being into 'queer' bullshit), but some are more subtle mistakes that i constantly see in trans communities
>>
>>7627348
desu you seem full of shit

i'll be dead in like 2 years let alone 20 if something doesn't change
>>
>>7627431
then that strongly implies you're trans, but if you aren't you wouldn't be the first person i've met who seemed really trans right up until they started yelling about how transition is conversion therapy
i've been out for almost five years, i've seen some shit
the way you're relating to this really implies you're trans and that transition is a good idea, but 90% is not 100%
also gender therapy in this day and age is rubber stamp bullshit so i don't entirely recommend it as a way of sorting out this problem
but yeah, you're probably trans, but probably is not definitely
>>
>>7624509
yes
6 months
went to a therapist and after pondering about wether i should get on them or not for half a year i went to an endo with his approval.
since i first went to the therapist it took more than a year because fuck that endo.
hasn't changed much. nobody sees me as a girl and i still have very little motivation to do anything. my body looks better now though. also i recently contacted a girl i knew from school and told her that i'm trans and she reacted incredibly good. like she was very understanding and respectful about it and even offered me to look through the clothes she's misting out because of space issues to see if i like anythin. that made me feel a lot better but i'm probably gonna fuck it up before to long because i'm boring and weird with people.
>>
>>7624509
Ye
5 months today :D
bought them online from IHP
exactly 14 days since i ordered them
I finally feel alive, i can laugh and cry, and i have cute little boobies to play with :3,

also i have so many emotions now, like wanting to be fucked by a guy where before hormones i was pretty much asexual, no its like GIVE ME THE DICK,

TFW NO BF T_T
>>
>>7624509
yes
5 years on HRT, 6 on puberty blockers
i went to a therapist, who after diagnosing with me gender dysphoria sent me to an endocrinologist
i think 4 months for puberty blockers, and 10 more hormones. i was young at the time though, 12, so maybe that's why he waited until i was 13.
meh. i mean im glad i did it, but i wish i hadnt had srs.
>>
Y
10 years
internet
about 3 weeks because that's how long it takes to ship
sucks. but it kept me from losing my hair at least.
>>
>>7627752
>i wish i hadnt had srs.
why?
>>
>>7625014
Not steriods but bioidentical hormones can help men with depression sometimes, it's worth trying, watched a documentary about it awhile ago
>>
>>7624509
Yes
6 months.
Had to get referred to a gender specialist who then referred me to an endocrinologist.
Took about a year from telling my GP. Took me a few months to see the specialist and then took a few appointments with her (one a month) and then another few months to see the endocrinologists.
The exact same. I haven't really started transitioning yet. I'm too afraid to. I also don't know if I have the drive. I'll probably end up killing myself sometime this year.
Thread posts: 78
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.