[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Remind me, why does LGBT need T? What has including transgender

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2

File: image.jpg (42KB, 300x600px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
42KB, 300x600px
Remind me, why does LGBT need T? What has including transgender people in sexuality rights done for us, and vice versa?

I don't know what it is about it, but it seems so stapled on, so fake. I feel like the movement for transgender people could have stood on it's own two legs but for whatever reason chose not to, instead lumping themselves in and proclaiming to share the same struggles when theirs are different and arguably more difficult.
>>
>>7621126
It's a "numbers don't win battles, but they help" strategy. The LGBT is a lobby just like any other, and adding people to the cause will make their presence stronger. Not that any LGBT/SJW warrior or any lobbyst will ever admit to this, but it's the truth. Now they are stuck with trannies due to this "inclusive" policy, and you can bet there is brewing problem with the hypothetical addition of bisexuals, two-spirited, genderqueer and other sexual and gender preferences and identities to the initials.

Just KISS -Keep It Simple Stupid- and avoid all this plethora of problems.
>>
>>7621126
>theirs [struggles] are different and arguably more difficult.

1.Be cis gay/lesbian
2.Live in Iran, Saudi Arabia, Morocco [EXPAND LIST]
3.Enjoy
>>
>>7621126
>>7621255

Its also worth mentioning that in any fight for rights, someone tends to get thrown under the bus or used as a yoshi jump (IE Mario jumping off yoshi at the last second for an extra boost). Including transgenders in the movement and then using hatred of them to say "see? I hate trannys too, fuck those guys im cool" seems to be an easy and commonly used technique
>>
Trannies and cross dressers paved the way for the first stonewall riot.

Learn your history fucking faggot
>>
File: 1465398519944.jpg (3KB, 124x120px) Image search: [Google]
1465398519944.jpg
3KB, 124x120px
trannies and lesbians have it ten times easier than gay and bi men, though
>>
>>7621381
You forgot to put "flawlessly passing" before "trannies"
>>
>>7621381
On what planet so I can move there.
>>
>>7621126
A long, long time ago, in a galaxy far, far away...
> STONEWALL
It was a gay bar in NYC, when being gay (or trans) was against the law. So was drinking for the matter. However the Mafia seen a profit in it, and ran gay bars. And also, gay bars attracted femboys and trans people in an age when even wearing your hair long was considered gay. (Also having short hair for women.)

In Stonewall, when the police raided the bar, gay and trans people fought them back together, and thus, for the first time made a stand.

That was the beginning of the G movement. L was added in the 1970s when people realized being lesbian was a thing. Until then, women were just forcibly married. It was the same time when electroshock therapy - and any therapy for homosexuality - was discredited. Back then T rights were seem inattainable, so they were dropped. Feminists distanced themselves from L. B was added on in 1993. T was added on at 1994, when T demonstrated that they want to get in the Pride March (which was about commemorating the anniversary of Stonewall, not a commercial street parade).

Looking back to 1970, and back to Stonewall, the LGB + T community has a collective sense of guit over excluding letters, or thinking that x is legally unattainable, as trans rights are a thing now - for better or worse. (Unfortunately so are tumblr rights.) So that's why and when the alphabet soup started to exist.

After this history lesson, the conclusion is:
> OP is right, T can and should stand on her own two feet, even in heels.
> Tumblr needs to go to hell.
> LGB should focus on stabilizing gay rights issues.
>>
>>7621126
Because millions of LGB people who are all better than you like the T far better than anybody like you.
>>
>>7621274
But you don't, and i'm sure trannies aren't welcomed there either
>>
>>7621381
Why are fags always pretending like they're the most persecuted group on Earth?
>>
>>7622839
Why are cis always pretending they're not completely worthless?
>>
>>7621126
It's because back in the 1950s gender presentation was considered in the same group of issues as same sex attraction. It was just as illegal for a man to wear women's clothes as a man to have sex with another man
>>
>>7621126
Because to normies we are similar to you guys is why.
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.