[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Has anyone here been on hrt for a few years without socially

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 51
Thread images: 2

File: questions.gif (894KB, 600x338px) Image search: [Google]
questions.gif
894KB, 600x338px
Has anyone here been on hrt for a few years without socially transitioning?
>>
>>7565324
me

:(
>>
>>7565324
Probably how I'll end up because of my horrible hair, unless I can find a very convincing wig. I hate spending time and money on chemical straighteners that work for only a couple days max.
>>
>>7565324
Ive only been on them for close to a year but Im almost positive I wont be socially transitioning. Unless I get a miracle or a million dollars.
>>
How do you feel?
People notice it?
Do you feel calmer and less stressed?

I will do it, because I'm not passable.
>>
>>7565324
yea tbhon

3 year hormones hon here reporting for duty.
>>
>>7565621
>People notice it?
Naah. Sometimes I get mam'd but then I realize even the most masculine nu-male/stoner dudes with long hair get mam'd too.
>Do you feel calmer and less stressed?
>How do you feel?
I feel bretty good tbqh. Must be because I am addicted to estrogen and can't picture my life without it.
One time I lost an E pill because I accidentally dropped it and couldn't find it and I nearly lost my shit. I was so furious, lol.
>>
>>7565714
lol

Yeah, I'll start for the E, anything that comes with it is a plus, but I'll never pass, so I won't transtion socially. I don't want people next to me to find out.
>>
>>7565324
I've been on since 2012, I don't plan on socially transitioning because I obviously don't look like a girl.

A close friend of mine knows though because he guessed, but thats probably as far as I'll go.
>>
>>7565832
would you ever date another transgirl though
>>
>>7565846
While I'd prefer a cis guy, yep I probably would. I had a crush on a transgirl friend of mine once but she didn't feel the same.
>>
>>7565862
you should date a transgirl tbqh
>>
8 years lmfao. Life is hell. I'm really anxious about everything and even though I've been told that it gets easier with time I can't bring myself to do it.
>>
Do any of you guys date? Or have tried dating?
>>
>>7566143
Why bother. I'm dead inside now.
>>
11 years (I transitioned late at 21)
Still looks like a cis guy, albeit one with soft skin.

I'm worried AAs might be having less of an effect as time goes on.
>>
>>7566492
Why didn't you at least get your balls chopped?
>>
>>7566492
Almost at 9 years. Same. Everyone thinks I'm under 21.
>>
>>7566143
Why would I do that? No one has shown interest in my for my entire life. I doubt anyone would now.
>>
I've been on it for a year and a half now.

I'm kinda androgynous I guess and a lot of people figure there's something up with me, but I use male name, pronouns, etc. and wear male clothes. My plan was to stay boymode until I could pass, which I can't do yet, so here I am.
>>
>>7566506
Requires RLE + I can't afford it. Not everyone has time/money to piss away on surgeries.

>>7566569
Everyone I talk to thinks I'm 17, so at least I have that going for me I guess.
>>
>>7565324
I've been on it for a year now and no passing in sight, I'm probably just gonna continue like this forever it's pretty comfy
>>
Being FTM, I don't exactly think it's possible to be on HRT but also not be out... kinda hard considering how aggressive testosterone is on the body.
>>
hrt 10 years. Got my balls chopped 5 years ago. Had a masculine bf for a long time but lost interest in him. Rarely can work up the courage to wear girl clothes outside anymore and definitely will never get the courage to transition at work. Been thinking about trying to find another mtf / femboi / genderless freako to date. But I have only ever met 2 mtf outside of the internet in my entire life and they were both super creepy.
>>
File: 787879070896.png (88KB, 617x375px) Image search: [Google]
787879070896.png
88KB, 617x375px
>>7565939
>>7566569
>>7567533

>8 years
>9 years
>10 years
wow
do you not look fem at all or cant transition socially for other reasons?
isnt it harder to remain in boymode and you get more stares? at least thats what some mtfs told me, and they are not perfectly passable but at some point you fail to 'pass' for man either
at least HRT alone alleviates some dysphoria r-right?

>>7566697
but if you look like 17 you must be really andro and could pass with makeup and effort?
>>
>>7567166
depends on genes and other shit
an old friend of mine has since detransitioned, but when she was trans she was on t for 5 years and needed facial hair to pass at all -- even with it she still got misgendered
knew another trans guy who was at 10 years and couldn't even grow enough to pull that off
both started t in late teens
if you don't have super masc genes you can pull it off for the first few months until your voice becomes unambiguously male, and if you figure out how to train your voice you might be able to stretch it out longer
>>
>>7568699
Not all of us get to have happy endings
>>
>>7568699
>isnt it harder to remain in boymode and you get more stares? at least thats what some mtfs told me, and they are not perfectly passable but at some point you fail to 'pass' for man either
They're either lucky or delusional. Some people simply don't have bone structure to pass.
>>
>>7565324
I've been on hrt for about 6 years but I went about 2 or 3 years before socially transitioning. Fear of not passing and coming off as a hon was a big factor in my reluctance desu. Though I eventually felt the need to be recognized as a woman when I started passing more consistently and got tired of being referred to as a guy.

I feel really bad for all the people that keep themselves in boymode because they're scared or can't pass as well as they want to.
>>
>>7565324
Yes.
3 years HRT.

I hope this is the year I finally socially transition as I'm getting rhinoplasty because it frankly is the only thing that's keeping me from going full-time.

The fun thing is that I get gendered female (wearing androgynous clothes, like skinny jeans and hoodies) and I'm in a super backwards conservative country so it's not even pity passes, therefore I could go full-time if I wanted but it's just a matter of confidence at this point (and possible BDD).
>>
>>7568755
2 girls said they were often stared and even harassed when in boymode looking adro ( ~year on hrt) but in girlmode they just blend in as unattractive chicks and no one cares
its quite a homophobic society here tho, so that plays a part too

>>7568750
tfw might be heading in that direction
>>
I'm a trans guy and I play college basketball so I can't transition until I graduate. I'm not on T, but during the offseason I take an estrogen blocker and a combination of supplements to boost T and masculinity naturally. I can't do it during the season because a lot of them are considered performance enhancing drugs.
Only my gf knows I'm trans, but I doubt anyone will be shocked.
>>
>>7568806
>basketball
>getting taller with hormone blockers
wow cheater
>>
>>7568843
I've been the same height (6'1) since I was 15 lol
>>
>>7565324

Probably me. My first long-term fulltime was when I was a guest researcher in Canada, we were working on deep learning stuff (this was in 2009, so it was fairly cutting edge at the time).

New university, new country, fantastic opportunity to go full time right?

So that's what I did. Stayed a year and we got the DL platform working, which is nice.

A few years later, I caught up with a grad student who was on the project and while discussing other things, she matter-of-factly told me that I didn't pass at all and people were just being polite to my face (being Canadians and all).

This was a few years ago and it still hurts a lot.
>>
>>7568699
They are liars.

If they put some effort into passing they would pass. :^)
>>
>>7568727
Well for me personally my voice dropped way too far for me to ever reliably go back, even got an adam's apple. I've got a decent amount of facial and body hair too now. I guess my point was that for a lot of us (trans guys) you sorta can't just stealth transition because of how aggressive testosterone can be.

If I try talking with a higher "girl" voice, I'd just sound like a fag.
>>
>>7568699
I look like a 17 year old guy, not very andro. I'm also 6'5 so even if I was there's no way in hell I'd pass.

It's fine I guess, since I just finished a surgical fellowship and I guess male neurosurgeons are more respected anyways.
>>
>>7570090
>neurosurgeon mtf
holy shit you are inspiring
>>
>>7570090
>6'5
ouch

>>7570090
>neurosurgeon
now this makes me feel like shit, I wasted all my years on nothing, while my dad and granddad are respected professors but I dropped out of uni twice

maybe I should get on mones just to look 10 years younger so I could go back to school and turn my life around
>>
>>7568699
I get gendered male 100% of the time without any stares.

I look like just another guy despite being on hormones for a long time.
>>
>>7570118
A hon can't be inspiring.
Actually, I'm not even a hon. Just a faggy man.
>>
all you DIYers, you do get regular blood tests right?
>>
>>7569118
Even if they did know they still honored your preferred pronouns and I assume treat you like a girl. You'll never actually be a natal female so them knowing that you're not a natal female isn't such a big deal if they respect you still as a woman who happens to be trans.

It's hard, but you have to learn unconditional self acceptance of who you are and fill your life with people who respect that.

or she could've been a bitch and lied about everyone knowing. Who knows who cares.
>>
Femboy over 3 years into hormones here.
>>7565621
People don't go "you're a tranny!" or anything but kids under 9 years old often ask me if I'm a boy or a girl.
Nobody ever comments on it other than that. For the most part people seem to think I'm much younger than I am.
People tend to assume I'm just an effeminate fag, even when I'm not trying to dress like one. Normal males my age or older treat me differently, acting as if I'm a pushover and they can walk all over me. Females automatically enter faghag mode if they're the type.

I get a good deal of stares too. Also a minor amount of harassment.
>>
>>7565469
why do you want straight hair?
>>
>>7573655
Why I'm hoping for a blood clot at this point.
>>
>>7573655
no, reg blood tests are for people with insurance and a car
>>
>>7574905
they are not too expensive to do once a year
>no insurance or car
are you neet? how do you afford hrt then
>>
>>7573655
Of course.
For all you people going the official route: you are asking your doc/endo/nurse practicioner or whatever for your actual hormone level numbers right?
If not, don't be surprised to find out you're sitting at 200ng/dL test, because a lot of them really don't give a single fuck about your feminization. I have a friend who just foound out their clinic had them at 650ng/dL testosterone and thought it was okay. This was in a major city in a leftist area too.

You tards just blindly trust your doctors, when in reality a lot of them have their heads up their ass in regards to trans care.
>>
>>7575129
yes yes I have all my records sorry I'm so retarded to live on a country that seizes medication imports
Thread posts: 51
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.