[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why are lesbians more 'open minded' in general compared

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 5

I've noticed that for quite a number of gay/bisexual gays, this idea of 'masculinity' is important. I regularly see gay guys in real life and online stating how 'masculine' they are and would not want a feminine man.That's fine by me, live how you want.

Though it's obvious that with lesbians, bi's or even bicurious women that I've talked to online and the few I've met in life, there doesn't seem to be an obsession over their 'femininity' or 'butchness' like gay men are with 'masculinity'.

Why is this? Are gay men still constricted by traditional gender roles?
>>
>>7557057
Male homosexuality = attraction to masculinity.

If we were attracted to femininity at all, we'd be bisexual.

End of story. Bye bye. See you later.
>>
toxic masculinity baby
>>
File: image.png (308KB, 546x700px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
308KB, 546x700px
>>7557752
Nice feminist buzzword, faggot
>>
>>7557057
>Why are lesbians more 'open minded' in general compared to bi/gay guys?
Because they live life on easy mode. Of all the lgbt-hdfhdkjgjkdghfdjgflkjhd+ they have it the best out of anybody.
The rest of the lgbt, especially those born male, have expectations shoved down their throats from day one
>>
File: smug nikki 1.jpg (77KB, 600x800px) Image search: [Google]
smug nikki 1.jpg
77KB, 600x800px
>>7557830
fragile masculinity baby
>>
>>7557433
fpbp
End of story, really.
>>
>>7557057

Because 'open minded' is just code for man-hating. Gays understand that gender isn't a bad thing but something to be celebrated. They love dick and masculinity, obviously. Lesbians think that being anything other than an amorphous colourful blob is some kind of attack on liberty, which is absurd.
>>
>>7557057
Thread music: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EwywPGAZ43Q&index=11&list=FLSPzyxU4yIlcZALZUeSOj9g
>>
>>7558164
I don't think expectations will influence whether you're attracted to masculinity. Gays just like it. I could be wrong though, anyone know of any countries where feminine men are more appreciated by gays?

>>7558856
This is kind of fedora, I love men and I love (non-toxic) masculinity, as a lesbian. I just happen to be attracted to a lot of different styles, and find personality more important.
>>
>>7557057
lesbians know that maleness is better too.
but they love to eat pussy.
>>
>>7557057
Toxic masculinity, in a nutshell. Since the end of the second world war masculine expression has been far more restricted and held to hegemonic (and unhealthy ideals) than femininity, especially after the second wave of feminism helped to begin the deconstruction of the female equivalent to toxic masculinity, which for various reasons was never as bad for the emotional health of women as masculinity was for men.

While women, since the 1940s even, have been increasingly allowed to expirament in "masculine expression", men have been heavily restricted in the converse. While gay male culture was once a bastion of diverse gender expression, since the AIDS epidemic and the destruction of the first generation of gay male leaders, the movement has been damaged and its philosophical basis much damaged. The newer leaders (and those older ones that survived)pushed towards assimilation into mainstream Reaganized culture, and saw surpressing the feminine/gender non conforming aspect of their movement as a key to this.

In some way, in an effort to assimilate as best they can, to prove they aren't "fags" to themselves gay and bi men often reify masculine norms, and take them more seriously than comfortably straight men.
>>
>>7557057
I don't remember the study but the traits of bisexuality/homosexuality in females is some sort of genetic desirability for reproducing.

I can't find the study but it had to do with how females who display openness to sexuality is reflective of desierable genes for reproducing.
>>
File: 904850394.png (1015KB, 825x1000px) Image search: [Google]
904850394.png
1015KB, 825x1000px
>>7557057
Women use their socially accepted freedom of expression to create an illusion of having an "innate" understanding of the complexities of gender, and use this to keep men route in their constructed gender roles by convincing males that feminism is "objective" and that males could never possibly interpret gender outside of that paradigm.
>>
>>7559501
Why are you against the oppression of men Cara? Don't you want to see them suffer?
>>
File: 43534.jpg (70KB, 640x640px) Image search: [Google]
43534.jpg
70KB, 640x640px
>>7559536
I'm against the existence of men and women in the first place.
>>
>>7559546
Oh, that right. You only want little girls and little boys to exist. Fuck off.
>>
>>7559546
You're always making posts like this criticizing women for oppressing men, though, why don't you ever make the opposite comment.
>>
>>7557057
Because the LGBT population and LGBT 'culture' isn't saturated with muscular, butch lesbians headbutting each other and playing rugby. The face of LGBT is dominated by limp wrists, voguing, fetishism and glitter - gay male stereotypes which become reinforced and solidified by this behaviour; forgive the anecdote, but I have a female colleague who has failed to recognise that I don't respond to or with the word "yass" since I came out. The vast majority of the population recognises butch, femme, and intermediate lesbians, but an inconspicuous gay male seems outside of popular cultural perception nowadays (at least for most heterosexuals).

Counter cultures tend to quickly arise from negative, perceived negative, or even just untrue stereotypes, with people overcompensating the other way to try and dissociate themselves. It's a subconscious defense mechanism to keep fingers from being pointed their way. Homosexual hypermasculinity is purely a result of the modern cultural destruction of the integrity of masculinity in gays; masculine hypertrophy, if you will.
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.