[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is it considered offensive or transphobic for a male actor to

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

File: image.jpg (101KB, 618x411px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
101KB, 618x411px
Is it considered offensive or transphobic for a male actor to play a cisgender female character for the sake of humor? Does it somehow perpetuate stereotypes that trans women are just men in dresses?
>>
Does it matter? Does it somehow hurt you, personally, seeing an actor playing a character outside of their gender? Fuck off with this "I'm offended" shit. Nobody gives a fuck about your feelings.
>>
>>7549705
OP never said it offended them, they just asked if it was considered offensive.
fuck off back to pol and suck trumps dick while you're at it.
>>
>>7549717
If he has to ask it means OP is looking to be offended. I don't ask if something offends me or not, I just know
>>
>>7549646
It's definitely more of a racial thing than a trans thing. Usually when it's a man dressed up as a woman it's a black comedian in another schlock comedy.

There's a certain black comedian who spoke about Madea and others of that kind of movies but I completely forget who it was.
>>
>>7549646
I'd say it's all in the intent. In pic related there's no question as to whether the character is actually a man in a suit, it's just a character.
>>
>>7549646
It only ever seems offensive to straight cis men to see another straight cis man in a dress. It makes them feel uncomfortable and insecure in their masculinity the longer they stare. At the end of the movie, they're very likely to joke awkwardly about what they saw, and reassure everyone that the joke is "no-homo."

In fact, the people most outraged by characters like Madea are conservative conspiracy theorist Hotep black men who feel that the emasculation of a black man for the sake of comedy is part of the white man's plan to indirectly promote sterilization through turning upstanding straight black men gay... somehow.

It's interesting how similar the conspiracy theories of batshit crazy black men are to batshit crazy white men, only with the fingers pointed at one another. Or, of course, the jews.
>>
>>7549717
I'm not a /pol/ack, and I don't like Trump. You can object to SJW nonsense without supporting Trump.
>>
>>7549646
I'm sure some people are offended, but I'm not one of them. I don't think histrionically demanding people to follow our standards of behavior is the way to normalize trans people.
>>
>>7549646
I am not offended. Tyler Perry isn't my style though.
>>
>>7549646
Only if the acting in question is horrible.
>>
>>7549774
>Usually when it's a man dressed up as a woman it's a black comedian in another schlock comedy.
How underage do you have to be in order to not be familiar with Monty Python?
>>
Though I can't stand a single one of Tyler Perry's films, I'm personally not offended by a CD comedy. It just turns me off in the same way a Happy Madison film does, it's all played for cheap laughs.

Now if people legitimately believe that this is what trans people are like (and believe me, there are millions of them) on the other hand, then yes, it's problematic.
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.