[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So a while back I asked Reddit this question and... Yeah they

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 2

File: IMG_20170106_211316.jpg (61KB, 800x585px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20170106_211316.jpg
61KB, 800x585px
So a while back I asked Reddit this question and...

Yeah they are pretty fucking delusional
>>
>>7531063
There are two races, black and white. One drop of melanin in one of your cells, and you're black. Chinese people are black, they have melanin in their cells. I can't believe SJWs are arguing with BASIC biology, like HELLO melanin is a MOLECULE I'm being so scientific right now and therefore correct.
>>
>>7532916
>One drop of melanin in one of your cells, and you're black.
So that's everyone without albinism.
Which would reduce your example to "there are people with albinism, and people without albinism" which to most people would make perfect sense.
>>
>>7531063
Everytime someone on reddit states that there are only two genders, the only arguement that comes up and always does is the
>"Sex and gender are two different things!"
Can someone explain this argument to me? It feels like really a dismissive statement that doesn't really explain itself. It sounds like they're claiming it's bioligical proof that there are more than two genders.
>>
>>7531063
Did you ask r/askhons? Of course they would be delusional there.
>>
>>7531063
Biologically there are two birth genders which 99.93% of people are fine with, you can identify as what you want idgaf as long as you aren't an sjw cunt about it
>>
>>7532916
mine looks like the third one what does that mean
>>
>>7535150
r/ainbow
>>
>>7532916
I hate this false-equivalence, regardless of whether or not someone is intersex there are ONLY TWO SEX CHROMOSOMES, Y AND X
if you have ONE OR MORE Y chromosome, you're male. If you have NO Y CHROMOSOME, you're female.
End of explanation, you're retarded.
>>
>>7537216

So what if you're XX and have a penis?
>>
>>7532916

Doesn't work that way. Someone who is half black, half white is just that - half of two established races. They're not an entirely new race.
Likewise, anyone who is intersex is intersex, with male and female attributes, not a whole new gender separate from the main two.
>>
>>7537216
you are like a colorblind that claims the world is only balck and white.
>>
In my house there's a staircase that makes a U-shape around the room. In the middle of the room there's a chandelier casting light everywhere, so when you walk on the staircase, you cast a pronounced shadow. I've always loved looking at my shadow. My shadow isn't identifiably male or female. It's just a shadow. I'd like to be a shadow.
>>
>>7537246
is it a feminine penis?
>>
>>7537216
There are actually many weird intersex cases.
For instance, there are XX males. Like, normally developed males(infertile at worst) who nevertheless happen to be XX.
There are also XY females. They have mostly normal female anatomy - vagina, uterus, etc., but their ovaries are non-functioning, so they won't experience puberty naturally and have to undergo HRT for it.
>>
>>7538521
>There are actually many weird intersex cases.

Outliers with disorders =/= new sexes, any more than an albino black guy is a new race.
>>
>>7538813
yes, but the specific claim was 'chromsomes = sex' (and, implied, 'chromosomes = gender' and 'sex = unchangable')
that would be like saying 'if you have light skin you're white and if you have dark skin you aren't, no exceptions'
>>
>>7538813
Yeah. Those are anomalies in the male-female binary. Kinda like trans people are, though instead of reproductive anatomy and chromosomes we seem to have some sort of a brain or developmental anomaly.
Though according to modern estimates, trans people seem to be more rare than intersex people. The estimates I've seen suggest that about 0.3-0.6% of US population is trans, while about 1-1.7% of people are born with some intersex condition.
I was just answering this claim:
> if you have ONE OR MORE Y chromosome, you're male. If you have NO Y CHROMOSOME, you're female.
>>
Biologically there are 2 sexes. Anyone who denies sexual dimorphism is uneducated cultist.

Gender is a social construct. And there are only 2 genders

I guess societies in some countries like Thailand recognize third gender, but thats no the case for most countries.
>>
>>7535274
99.93% isn't 100%. Using that to argue that there are only two genders is like saying "airplanes didn't exist for 99.999999175% of the universe's history, therefore manned heavier-than-air flight is impossible".

>>7537216
That definition is retarded though, the only people who care about chromosomes are 1) circlejerking academics 2) transphobes looking desperately to discredit trans people and 3) delusional hons. In real life, the actual physical anatomy you have is what matters.

>>7538813
Sex is defined by anatomy, race isn't defined by skin color.

>>7539076
If someone "denied sexual dimorphism", they'd claim that there is only one gender.
>>
It would help if people could actually agree on what gender was.
>>
>>7539076
So what you are saying is that in western cultures there are two genders, but in other cultures there may be more than 2 genders?

With that logic you must admit that there are more than two genders.

Not doing so would be like someone from a Muslim country where most people don't eat pork saying "You can't eat pork in society. I guess there are some countries where you can eat pork, but that is not the case in my society."

You're basically equating the typical western understanding of gender as the only acceptable understanding of gender.
>>
>>7535128
Sex is what you have between your legs and gender is the set of behaviours you associate with it. Male, female and hermaphrodite are three major sexes. Gender however almost limitless since the behaviours you associate with having a penis can greatly different than mine. Because of it we tend to take gender definitions of the society as we define genders -in other words gender norms-. However you can very well reject gender norms of the society and do not take your genitelia as a determinant for your behaviours. For example, if you are a trangender, that means your behaviours and feelings are different than what you associate with your genitalia because your gender definition trans(ed) into other sexes. Like you have a penis however behaving and feeling like -your definition of- woman. If you are a transexual that means your sex trans(ed) to another one. Like you used to have a penis but now got a vag. Im not a native english speaker, sorry in advance.
Thread posts: 23
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.