[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I had gender dysphoria for about a year but it suddenly stopped?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 2

File: FB_IMG_1482730939865.jpg (27KB, 560x560px) Image search: [Google]
FB_IMG_1482730939865.jpg
27KB, 560x560px
I had gender dysphoria for about a year but it suddenly stopped? I felt dysphoria for all of 2016 and I wanted to make it a new years resolution to come out in early january but I haven't felt dysphoric all week. Am I free of being a tranny, or will the dysphoria come back later?
>>
Was it your 20th birthday on January 1st?

Did you have too much quality time with family and too little time on mentally ill websites?

Did you learn to stop worrying and learn love the truth bomb about genetics?
>>
>>7529454
Did you have it any time before 2016 in any capacity whatsoever? If not, it's probably gone for good.
>>
>>7529535
I had it for the last few months of 2015

>>7529514
I'm not sure if you're just memeing but I'll answer it anyway. I went home for the holidays and visit /lgbt/ multiple times per day but it just stopped on new years day.
>>
>>7529568
Did you question your gender or feel discomfort relating to your masculine features beforehand?
>>
did you talk to anyone?

any dreams,encounters?
>>
>>7529574
I'd say I didn't question my gender or feel discomfort related to masculine features when I was younger.

For what its worth, I used to dress up and pretend I was a girl when I was really young. I've also had a lifelong fascination with gender bending in fiction, particularly male to female and imagining myself in that role.

>>7529656
I talked to my girlfriend about way long ago. It didn't go over well with her and we stopped talking about it.
I am comfortably male in all but very few of my dreams. In the dreams where I am female, I am a hon who is publically ridiculed. I have had only one dream in which I was a natal female and I remember really enjoying it.

I'm not sure what you mean by encounters though. I only starting thinking about my gender when trans issues became news. I thought that people being male to female and actually looking like women was something that only happened in fiction
>>
>a week
it'll come back. once it went away for me for almost a month and I was excited because I thought I finally got over this "trans phase" but nope.
>>
>>7529758
Just don't make any drastic decisions at this point. Tell your friends/immediate family you think that you might be trans if they are okay with that sort of thing just so you have support. That or talk to a therapist.
>>
>>7529454
I felt kind of dysphoric in middle school, but when I went through highschool and I never felt any dysphoria.
When I started college it hit me like a truck and for 3 years it utterly destroyed my motivation.

I have my first appointment with a counselor tomorrow, I'd say go for it OP, before it's too late. You don't have to commit to anything to just go to see a counselor.
>>
>>7529852
>>7529840
>>7529833
I'll see a therapist, but I'm iffy about telling people about it unless I know for sure. Should I see a gender therapist or just a general therapist?
>>
>>7529923
I'm going through a place that specializes in gender variant people, I'd suggest going through a place like that
>>
>>7530028
Thank you anon. And every other anon in this thread
>>
>>7530509
No problem friend, good luck with everything!
>>
>>7529454
Same desu. Quite a few adolescents get dysphoria but it just goes away on its own after a while. You're probably just gay bro.
For me it came and went for months at a time until it never came back.
>>
>>7531013
Not all the time bruh. I had the same experience where it kept coming and going but eventually for me it just came and never left and ruined my life.
>>
>>7531153
>Not all the time bruh. I had the same experience where it kept coming and going but eventually for me it just came and never left and ruined my life.
Hasn't come back for me for more than 2 years now. I was probably too angsty, confused, and plain effeminate. I'm getting enough psychological help that hopefully I'll fix any remaining problems I have.
My biggest fear is that one day I could get more depressed and empty, and misattribute those feelings to dysphoria, and convince myself that I'm trans when I'm not, just a fucked up kid who needs help.
>>
this thread gives me hope mine will go away and this can all just be a phase
>>
>>7529454
don't worry - mental issues don't go away over night
>>
>>7529454
It's about time you grew up
>>
File: image.jpg (16KB, 255x251px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
16KB, 255x251px
>>7531013
This

>think I'm trans
>try to repress and be super straight dude
>realise I "want" to be trans so I can date boys
>realise I can do that already but repression messed with me
>have bf
>get to submissive and soft and held safe in his arms
>>
>>7529454
If it was for "all of 2016" and it's only faded this past week, then I think you know the answer. You can probably already feel it coming back.
>>
>>7529454
Gender dysphoria comes from your brain being unable to recognize your physical birth sex as your real sex or the sex you 'should be'

if you haven't experienced this as far back as you can remember you aren't transgender
>>
>>7532322
I think gender dysphoria comes from the need to supress your secondary masculine characteristics (if man) and secondary feminine characteristics.
>>
>>7533303
This desu, most trans people start when secondary characteristics begin appearing.
Thread posts: 25
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.