[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I guess I'm about confused by the arguments that lots of

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 2

File: gend.png (154KB, 2000x1536px)
gend.png
154KB, 2000x1536px
I guess I'm about confused by the arguments that lots of genders exist. (INB4 B8)

Until a couple days ago I assumed people claiming otherwise were just close-minded douches, but after looking up the definition of gender, I don't see how (by going by the definition) you can argue that more than 4 genders can exist (again, by the definition). Those 4 being Male, Female, Neither, or Both, although it's clearly more of a spectrum, so slightly more complicated (though I feel like even with that it's still going to be more or less one of those four).

So I guess that what I'm asking is if people claiming otherwise are just modifying the definition so that it's a more modern understanding of "gender"?
>>
feminists say that
"gender is how you identify and you can identify however you want so there are infinite genders"

in reality there are two genders since that is what society has set up (social construct) and so if someone doesn't identify as either gender they aren't a "new gender" they're just neither gender.

different societies may potentially have other genders but ours doesn't so who gives a fuck
>>
I've taken a couple gender study courses and from what I've gathered, people are misconstruing gender for personality. I'm more in line with the 4 genders method because based on the idea that gender is how you choose to express the combination or lack of femininity and masculinity.

People probably heard just the 'How you express yourself' part and ran away with the rest.
>>
>>7520094

It's a ladder.
You're on the floor the top of the ladder, on the ground at the bottom of the ladder, or on the ladder.

The problem is that modern gender studies claims that each individual rung of the ladder needs its own title, flag, identity, and seat in the UN.
>>
>>7521921
I asked because I had a date with a genderfluid chick today. It got brought up and I mentioned my 4 gender understanding of it and she said it made sense. I like the whole "misconstruing gender for personality." thing.

Shes also not in your face about it and doesn't care if people call her "her" or "she" all the time, which is nice.
>>
>>7520094
>So I guess that what I'm asking is if people claiming otherwise are just modifying the definition so that it's a more modern understanding of "gender"?
Yep. People are basically using the word 'gender' in place of 'personality' and claiming everyone's is unique.

It's really funny how often pop feminism manages to reduce people to their sex/gender. When a woman achieves shit, she's always just asked "what's it like being a woman in this industry?", if she ever fails, she's completely de-individualised and summed up with "A woman has faced x at the hands of y - the struggle is real!" etc etc
And now they've gone as far as to define a person's entire identity, everything that makes up who they are, around their gender. The thing that real feminism fought for years to break down as being not an important enough factor to influence how people are free to live their lives.
>>
>>7520094
there's only 2 sexes, 2 genders and 4 sexual orientations (straight, gay, bi and assexual)

anything beyond that is a tumblr meme
>>
>>7527267
I'd say NB is pretty legit, because it doesn't contradict the binary; it just indicates the small intersection.
>>
>>7527267
Do you also call atheism a religion?
>>
>>7527630
OP here, I'm an atheist and atheism is absolutely not a religion. You can kinda treat it like one though.
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.