[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>be me >be ultra gay >find the word "faggot"

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1

File: 1480333748873.jpg (31KB, 498x482px) Image search: [Google]
1480333748873.jpg
31KB, 498x482px
>be me
>be ultra gay
>find the word "faggot" to be hilarious in most contexts regardless

Anyone with me on that? Please let there be someone with me on that.
>>
I used to be like you. Then I realized that words have power and by using that term I'm making genuine bigots more comfortable using it and am thus helping to perpetuate anti-gay sentiments.

When I was younger I was your typical 4chan edgelord, making all of my jokes as offensive as possible. I told a lot of racist jokes and thought that /pol/ was full of people who were mostly joking as well. With time it became apparent that this was not the case and that people like me helped the actual racists feel welcome and move in. Now /pol/ards are everywhere and dominate discourse to a significant degree. It sucks but until we drive these fuckers to extinction we gotta hold back on humor that might empower them.
>>
>>7516849
Yeah. I play an unhealthy amount of video games and have since I was 10 so hearing that word dropped 10,000 times by angry 13 year olds has taken the edge off of it for the most part.

I live in the south though so people here legit drop that word like they do nigger.
>>
>>7516908
Yep. Words can be reclaimed but that is a different act. I like transgressive use of language but it should serve a positive purpose.

>>7516913
It's way more acceptable than n ime.
>>
>>7516849
>find the word "faggot" to be hilarious in most contexts regardless
Obviously!
>>7516849
>Anyone with me on that?
Obviously. Whining about words is womanish anyway, ie faggotry.
>>
>>7516908
Is there really a better word to use when someone is honestly being a faggot, though?

I see the reasoning behind not wanting to encourage the people who usually use "offensive" words but unless there's really any alternatives...
>>
>>7517249
There are plenty of other insults you can use.
>>
>>7517296
That's very descriptive
>>
>>7516849
I love using the word, it's funny, you're not alone, don't worry.
>>
It's all about context. It's lost a lot of its negative connotations. But living in the south, it is still used in completely unacceptable ways. I have had someone in a store call me a fucking faggot and it was not funny and kinda scary.
>>
I treat faggot like nigger.
On the other hand that makes it hard to use when you're in the closet.
>>
>>7517322
I love "dimwit".
>>
>>7516849
100%

Louis CK on "faggot"
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fcja4WFFzDw
>>
>>7516849
>>7516913
I can relate.
>>
>>7516849
>be me
>be fairly gay
>find fascism and racial nationalism beautiful in most contexts

Anyone with me on that? Please let there be someone with me on that.
>>
>>7520255
>>
>>7520255
Yep. Nothing more beautiful than a country of like-minded, similar people who are all interested in the well-being of each other and will help one another to achieve the best results so that everyone can be happy.

It's unfortunate human nature keeps getting in the way.
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.