[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Can you really "discover" your gender identity late

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 4

Can you really "discover" your gender identity late into your teens/adult years? Why do late transitioners push the idea that gender identity is not innate, or at least not recognizable as a child, and that early transitioners couldn't possibly recognize it within themselves?
>>
>>7500381
>Why do late transitioners push the idea that gender identity is not innate, or at least not recognizable as a child
>tfw late transitioner who did realize it as a child but didn't take it seriously/didn't know what to do about it
>>
File: Gender identity.jpg (270KB, 1372x900px) Image search: [Google]
Gender identity.jpg
270KB, 1372x900px
Cus the spectrum of gender identity as well sexual orientation changes every year of ones' life.
>>
>>7500381
>tfw late transitioner who did realize it as a child but didn't take it seriously/didn't know what to do about it

So much this. I didn't know taking hormones (especialy pre puberty) is an option and hell I didnt even know how it affects the body as a child. Even during puberty I didnt know that one could self-med to stop this shit. I tried to cope with it and man-up but in the end it just made me sick and hate myself.

Even now at 21, my face is feminised (large eyes, small chin, soft cheekbones etc.), I have a female finger digit ratio (which proves exposure to estrogen in womb) and oh well, at least I know I'm not agp
>>
>>7500467

>Man-ness
>Distinct from masculinity

Mental gymnastics doe
>>
>>7500467
That image provided me with an incurable chromosomal disfiguration
>>
>>7500381
Trutrans are scum, gatekeeping is immoral, pushing gender divergent kids into SRS is evil. /thread.
>>
>>7500672
Okay wrong on point one
>>
>>7500672
>/threading yourself
I think we all know who's scum here, newfag.
>>
>>7500381
>Why do all of the late transitioners I've met

Fixed that for ya.
>>
File: maslow-pyramid.jpg (26KB, 502x369px) Image search: [Google]
maslow-pyramid.jpg
26KB, 502x369px
>>7500381
>Can you really "discover" your gender identity late into your teens/adult years?
Maslow's hierarchy of needs. Who the fuck cares about gender identity when your family is having difficulty putting food on the table to keeping a roof over your head? It's something you can't even begin to consider until you feel safe and secure about the things that are lower on the pyramid.

Furthermore, puberty works differently for different people. Since hormones are one of the major causes of dysphoria for trans people, people who enter puberty late or who experience hormone build-ups outside the norm will begin to experience dysphoria later in life that the average trans person does.
>>
I'm TruTrans and fit every single physical characteristic of estrogen exposure in the womb. I first started wearing girls clothes when I was 11 years old. I used to lay in bed and pray to God to give me a female body. I felt significant dysphoria all through out my life. My male puberty was very weak and came on very late. When I turned 16 I was the smallest and most feminine boy in my school and got picked on a lot.

I knew I had these feelings but had no clue I was allowed to tell someone without being ashamed. Not only that, but I had absolutely no fucking clue that I could transition medically and live as a female. There was an intense aura of shame around the dysphoria I experienced.

I came out at 23 after finally realizing what was happening to me and why I felt this way.

So OP, >>7500381, your question is loaded because it's not that I "discovered" my gender identity late in my life. It's that I discovered there was something I could actually do to alleviate my feelings of suffering and dysphoria. I always knew my gender identity but was unable to articulate it or act on it in a meaningful way.
>>
>>7501034
>People who enter puberty late

Hey! I just wrote about this in my post: >>7501053

I had an extremely weak and late puberty. I didn't start growing facial hair till I was 19. I always had envy and dysphoria of cis females but didn't know what I was feeling or why. When my body masculinized more in my twenties the feeling was inescapable and absolutely tormenting. That's when I finally told someone how I felt and they told me about transexuals (then i started researching on my own).
>>
>>7501034
Is this why I only discovered myself when I was fifteen? Like I've been feminine my whole life but it took me till I was fifteen to achieve it. Before I started thinking about it, I still had no real pride in myself or my life. I hadn't met any esteem needs. Also, is fifteen particularly late? I know it isn't awful, but I feel like I bloomed a little bit late.
>>
>>7501028
it was right the first time
>>
>>7500381
People enforce the idea that you're a boy or girl 5 seconds after you're born with the color of the blanket they use to wrap you in....
>>
File: 1483229146194.jpg (810KB, 1000x2540px) Image search: [Google]
1483229146194.jpg
810KB, 1000x2540px
>>7501383
nice fucking meme
>>
>>7503827
She's cute but I would still get FFS if I were her. Still good results for that age tho
>>
>>7503827
Once again it's about two things, genetic lottery and taking care of yourself.
She had a nice face to transition so that's that. She only started getting fit when she transitioned, could have done better but you can see the results of her diligence.

>tfw mens insana in corpore sano
fuck my handsome face
>>
>>7503857
so as long as you dont look like a football quarterback... you can do this
>>
>>7500467
Get the fuck outa here with that shit
>>
>>7503880
I have awesome body genetics and I'm short but I got the full package on the face.
visible jawline (that I hide with a beard to make everything worse), big germanic nose, protruding chin and proeminent arcade.
>>
>>7500381
>Can you really "discover" your gender identity late into your teens/adult years?

Don't be so arrogant, world isn't San Francisco or New York or Amsterdam. I live in a shithole country with literally no LGBT presence and I didn't know I was trans until I was 20 because I didn't know trans existed at all until I was 20.
>>
>>7503951
>genetic lottery
I think I lost at this. Started at 15 and still not going to survive tbqh. I'm not gonna live life as a hon, like so many other girls on here seem content to do.
>>
>>7501053
I have the same situation just in the opposite way, as in, signs of excess test exposure in the womb (digit ratio\massive brow ridge\upper body shape\weird genitalia) and incomplete puberty, my breast tissue never happened and I look 5 years younger. I always thought i was just a dyke-ish freak for most of my teen years and tried to justify tranniness any other way that came up in my mind, then I finally accepted it at 19. It's such a confusing feeling per se that it complicates matters when it comes to putting it into concrete words.
>>
>>7500381
I discovered I was trans when I was around 14-15. To be honest, I had seen some documentaries and shit about trans and intersexual people on tv, but I never thought "oh, maybe that could be me" because I had never known of anyone that was like that in my own social circles, so I thought of it like a distant, unfathomable thing in my environment. Even so, I had some trouble saying I was a girl, it didn't feel correct.
Now, 6 years later, I'm trying to get the courage to go to hormone therapy, and it's still hard for me to grasp that I'm actually one of those people, even if I suffer of dysphoria horribly everyday. Looking back it was very obvious that I wasn't a girl: I was always looking for my male friends' approval, and avoiding any sort of girly thing very exaggeratedly, even to the degree of not admitting I liked certain things because I thought I'd be ridiculed for being girly
Thread posts: 26
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.