[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Prove to me gender non-binary people don't have a mental

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 4

File: male-and-female-anatomy_0.jpg (45KB, 840x471px) Image search: [Google]
male-and-female-anatomy_0.jpg
45KB, 840x471px
Prove to me gender non-binary people don't have a mental illness.

XY/XX --> Solid science, fact.

>Protip: You can't.
>>
go away
>>
>>7499748
op, i thought everyone knew i was an illness?
Trans and nonbinary folk are mentally disabled
>>
>>7499748
There are only 3 genders : male, female and freak.
>>
>>7499748
Easy, non binary gender does not exist, as such, anybody identifying as non binary just wants to feel special, so they're just attention whores, and that isn't mental illness.

Also, I know this is unrelated, but intersex individuals who possess a different set of chromosomes to the standard two exist, and I suppose this would be the only case where gender can be non binary, but again, this is not because of mental illness, but a physical birth defect justifying that form of expression.
>>
>>7500085

Wrong. Non binary is extremely rare. I would agree that most that claim to be non binary are attention whores, but it is real.

Also delusions are a symptom of mental illness. This is how I know you are a child and a moron. You literally describe mental illness and then say it isn't mental illness. Idiot.

Also, sex isn't gender. They are different. Sex informs gender but it isn't the same thing. I don't understand how you people are so retarded all the fucking time. Gender is neurological. Therefore any anomalies by literal definition are mental illnesses. Jesus backstabbing Christ.

The American education system is the fucking plague that will destroy humanity.
>>
>>7500205
Gender and sex are synonyms, for some reason people want them to be different?

Luckily majority of the world aren't retarded special snowflakes.
>>
Doctor from /pol/ concern trolling fags here, it is a disorder, they dont even deny it its called gender dysphoria being homosexual is also a disorder but its a taboo in the west despite having similar causes as gender dysphoria (improper hypothalamic imprinting)
>>
why do you guys even care
like how many nonbinary people even are there
>>
>>7500396
It's scientifically proven that sex and gender exists seperately you retarded special snowflake, do some research
>>
>>7500396
Uh, no, they aren't synonyms. Sex is defined as "either of the two main categories (male and female) into which humans and many other living things are divided on the basis of their reproductive functions," and gender is defined as "the state of being male or female (typically used with reference to social and cultural differences rather than biological ones)."

Even the way gender is defined nebulously here is not synonymous with sex, since we are generally describing a neurological sex response, or what we could call a secondary sex developed in the brain.
>>
Calling it a mental illness or not is mostly nomenclature, society regularly decides things that aren't mental illnesses, like not being able to sit the fuck still, are mental illnesses because they do not allow you to function in modern society. Treating ADD as a mental illness allows people to be given therapy and drugs to make them more normal.

First, lets establish trans, specifically MtF and FtM trans does exist, there is a decent amount of clinical evidence about this, and people have found MtF brains have structures in common with F brains and vise versa. This DOESN'T MEAN it isn't a mental illness nessecarily, but just to clear that up.

Treating trans as a mental illness doesn't make sense in that first, it appears that making somebody no longer trans isn't possible, so treating it as a mental illness to be cured is rather pointless. Second, describing being trans as a mental illness seems to increase dysphoria, which increases negative societal outcomes.

It is better to treat trans as normal, and gender dysphoria as a mental illness, as gender dysphoria is easier to cure than the desire to be the opposite sex. Since what is and is not considered a mental illness is essentially arbitrary, society should think of trans in the most pro-social way.
>>
Basically, if you care about helping people, treating gender dysphoria as the mental illness, and being trans as natural human variation is the best.

If you're autistically set that anything that is differant from normal human behavior and causes negative outcomes is a mental disorder, then you can argue trans is a mental disorder, despite the fact that treating trans as a mental disorder is worse for the transpeople and society as a whole.
>>
>>7500728
Lol, please give me an example of any other animal having this mental illness that is trans.
You don't see fucking Lions changing up gender roles because they're insecure about their bodies. Pointless arguing about it as you're clearly delusional and have been searching tumblr too much
just like >>7500452 said, it's an illness and a chemical imbalance in your brain that changes you to want be the other ender.
Think, a trans guy dies and gets buried, if someone dug up his remains years later they wouldn't see a female, they would see a guy and a guy only. No one would even think to say "well don't say that what if this dude was really a woman".
Fuck right off sjw
>>
>>7500768
fucking REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
>>
>>7499748
http://www.pbs.org/independentlens/content/two-spirits_map-html/

There have been many societies around the world that have developed systems with more than 2 genders. Just because the binary system has prevailed as the popular one does not mean there is any scientific basis to it.
>>
>>7500874
Male and Female
what else is there?
it/them/thing? no. Him and Her.
If you're born male and think you're female there is a chemical imbalance in your brain - mental illness. This theory all you sjw have is like saying a psychopath is just a "troubled" person and not seriously sick. "Dw guys he just killed a few people because he's sick, don't judge him on it, let him do his thing he doesn't need help."
REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
>>
>>7500834
There are animals in the animal kingdom that literally change sex, clownfish for example change genders. There are some birds which literally pretend to be the opposite sex to trick the same sex into mating with them, wasting their reproductive efforts.

I don't think you could realistically find any species that has transgenderism/gender dysphoria present in the exact same way as humans. First, animals and humans don't have the same psychology, so no matter what you proved, people could argue that animals weren't really trans in the same way humans were. Second, the only non-arbitrary way to determine if an animal weren't trans would probably be doing a lot of brain autopsies and biopsies, which would get impeded by ethics, and ultimately even if you proved male animals had female brain structures or whatever people would argue that wasn't definitive proof they were trans. Third, even if by some mericle you proved another species was trans in the same way humans were, people would say just because another species is trans, doesn't mean humans are.

Trans simply more ambiguously presents itself than homosexuality, homosexuality in animals is easy to observe, that animal is fucking an animal of the same gender, guess they're a homo. The better way to establish if trans is real would be to find if there were correlations between biological factors like certain brain structures and trans desires in humans. Trying to prove trans exists in animals is just as hard, if not harder, and even if you prove trans exists in animals that doesn't mean it exists in humans. The "Animals are gay too" argument is used out of convenience because it's a rather good argument against those that argue homosexuality is nuture not nature.

You can find examples in human history of more than two genders or transgenderism being acknowledged. If only another species being regarded as trans in the same way humans are will convince you, you won't be convinced.
>>
kys OP u closet case faggot
>>
>>7500911
I won't be convinced, simply because media and tumblr level brainwashing has fucked this generation. I'm not saying anything is wrong with being trans or nonbinary. Simply put there is something wrong with your brain, natural instincts and chemicals in your body to possibly "think" you're the other gender than what you turley are.
It's a mental illness that is ignored because if a doctor tried to help you be like a normal human being they would be sued for triggering them.
>>
File: prof-jordan-peterson.png (80KB, 460x259px) Image search: [Google]
prof-jordan-peterson.png
80KB, 460x259px
>>7500993
This man is a clinical psychologist, and while he's hounded for it, he's extremely based about the fact that SJWS have no evidence that trying to categorize people into a bunch of different genders leads to better mental health outcomes. There is a middle here that rejects the pseudoscience of the SJWs, but recognises MtF/FtM trans are medically recognised, and recognises that treatment for gender dysphoria is more effective than treatment for being trans.

Don't get me wrong, evidence based medicine is going by the wayside in this entire trans debate, I realise that. There is no evidence that respecting a billion differant genders leads to better mental health outcomes. The evidence behind ideas like that sex reassignment surgery has positive mental health outcomes is weak, and the idea that it's a cure for gender dysphoria is absolutely fucking laughable, making the idea that it should be say a government funded surgery laughable. A lot of what the left considers common sense in regards to the treatment of transgender people is based on zero evidence.

The reason that trans is recognized by doctors though isn't so much that people are afraid of being sued, although the left is starting to make that into a reality these days by making denialism of the lefts common sense wisdom a human rights violation, generally it's because trying to shame somebody out of being a transexual doesn't work and results in people killing themselves.

If people could show clinically that if you force people to accept that if they have a penis, they're a boy, has positive outcomes doctors might be more willing to try this. But it simply doesn't work, it works as well as trying to convince the gays to stop being gays by electroshocking their balls.
>>
>>7500900
>being trans is equivalent to killing people
filtered
>>
>>7499748
>2017
>posting this non-faggotry instead of welcoming in the new year
Fuck off, twat Nazi
>>
>>7499889
Lmao freak isnt a gender dumb ooga booga. There is male and female
>>
>>7499748
>>7501062
I do not have a fucking mental illness!

You know why? Because I'm lucid and sensible enough to wrap my head around how you fucks all around me want me dead, and respond appropriately. ie, by wanting you canadians dead! And americans too, I guess.

I'm absolutely sane enough to pick up on a better cause than experimenting with my biology and deforming my mind and body to be more agreeable and productive.

Take that!
>>
>>7501062
Are you the same person from the trans-women-gamer-programmer thread? Keep on keeping on.
>>
The Six Most Common Karyotypes
The six biological karyotype sexes that do not result in death to the fetus are:

X – Roughly 1 in 2,000 to 1 in 5,000 people (Turner’s )
XX – Most common form of female
XXY – Roughly 1 in 500 to 1 in 1,000 people (Klinefelter)
XY – Most common form of male
XYY – Roughly 1 out of 1,000 people
XXXY – Roughly 1 in 18,000 to 1 in 50,000 births
>>
File: pol thinks these are men.jpg (445KB, 1802x1007px) Image search: [Google]
pol thinks these are men.jpg
445KB, 1802x1007px
>>7499748
>XY/XX --> Solid science, fact.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Androgen_insensitivity_syndrome
(you) btfo
>>
File: 1483257329961.jpg (80KB, 888x499px) Image search: [Google]
1483257329961.jpg
80KB, 888x499px
>>7502839
Driveby poster, not LGBT, my lesbian cousin being the closest connection I have.

I have a strong liberal and conservative side, but the left has absolutely gotten retarded up in Canada in regards to LGBT virtue signalling. The Jordan Peterson thing is just one example of this, but we're also having shit happen like Ontario stripping genders from IDs when the federal government hasn't yet making it harder to get a passport, not just for trans, but for vertually everybody in the province.

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/hamilton/gender-neutral-passport-issue-1.3707405

Everybody wants to be on the cutting edge of LGBT issues so much these days people literally aren't willing to think through their ideas fully and it's pissing everybody off and widening social rifts.

Meanwhile the right-wing still thinks MtF/FtM is leftist pseudoscience. how can they unironically believe shit like 41% of trans kill themselves and the pimozide shit, I don't know. However, I don't really blame them for being dismissive of the whole movement when our schools are teaching teachers that if they thought they were men or women, they're wrong, nobody is 100% a male or female, we all exist on a spectrum of gender? They've suggested schools start using Trans*, not trans, Trans*, because the term trans is not inclusive enough to nonbinary people. We all know the Xie/Xir/Xirs shit. SJWs deserve slaughter and they get this tacit support from LGBT and political power.

It's really tiring for one side to call you a transphobic bigot and one side to call you a leftist tranny loving cuck. When all you want to do is promote free speech, promote the evidence behind how we can best help accommodate transgender people for everybodies benefit, that SJWs are a cancer, and promote the idea that silencing those that are skeptical of you just fosters resentment.

I thought I would make a few posts here explaining what the driving force behind the rights retardation is, I dunno.
>>
>>7502669

First of all, I don't want you dead. I actually care very little about you either way. You could live to be a hundred or die tonight and I wouldn't even know let alone care. You are an anonymous poster on 4chan, I can't even tell for sure if you are not someone from /pol/ role-playing.

Second why are you acting as though being mentally ill is something bad? We all have problems. I have crippling socal anxiety. It's a mental illness. I try to do something about it.

Third, you think you are the gender you are not. You have a mismatch between your body and your MIND. How can you possibly say that you don't have a mental illness?

Fourth, and the one I most want a response from any nonbinaries here. How are you different than people who believe that they are wolves or dragons, or people who believe that they "should" have there legs cut off, or people who believe they are Napoleon Bonaparte? These are all people who have beliefs about their identity that clash with the physical reality of their bodies. Are they not mentally ill? If they are then what differentiates them from you?

Finally I just want to make clear I fully support your right to ware whatever clothes you want and to have what ever cosmetic surgery you want done. But you do not have the right to tell other people how they are to perceive you or to address you.
>>
>>7501679
where the fuck did you get that from you mentally ill cunt
>>
>>7502930
>Third, you think you are the gender you are not.
>You have a mismatch between your body and your MIND.

If somebody's core identity, and therefore their gender, is determined by their mind, doesn't this simply mean what you said? That there is a brain/body mismatch? This doesn't mean that they AREN'T the gender they claim to be, just that their physical sex doesn't match their gender. Whether or not this should be considered a mental illness or congenital disorder is, in my opinion, up for debate.

>How are you different than people who believe that they are wolves or dragons,

This is disingenuous. Wolves are not even human, and dragons are not even real. Any person can be of any one gender, but no person can actually be a wolf, and nothing can actually be a dragon.

>or people who believe they are Napoleon Bonaparte

Napoleon is a specific individual, a specific personal history is not comparable to a shared trait such as gender.

>or people who believe that they "should" have there legs cut off,

This is the only one where I feel like you might have a leg to stand on, since there are many people who have their legs cut off, this is a physical possibility and reality for humans.

>But you do not have the right to tell other people how they are to perceive you or to address you.

Actually, you do have the right to tell other people how you would like to be perceived and addressed. You just don't have the right to force them to perceive or address you in any way, but you do have the right to respond appropriately if someone refuses to show you common courtesy, by refusing to show them courtesy in turn.

However, your statement is once again disingenuous, or perhaps it's better to say, relies on a hypothetical and perhaps unlikely situation. Everyone perceives me as a girl and refers to me by the correct pronouns without me having to tell them anything, there are ways in which you can manipulate the perceptions of others without having to say anything.
>>
>>7500834
There are actually transgender FtM Lions that have been scientifically documented... uhh
>>
Huh lmao they're fucking right, I didn't believe them at first glance but I found a bunch of sources, none of them THAT reputable though

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3371256/Leo-lion-No-Leonora-females-grow-manes-develop-deeper-roar-like-males-scare-rivals.html

>>7504469
>>7500834
>>
>>7499748
But I'm XXY op
Thread posts: 35
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.