[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I've noticed a lot of the same pseudoscience often gets

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 56
Thread images: 13

File: transphobicbingo.png (77KB, 1000x1000px) Image search: [Google]
transphobicbingo.png
77KB, 1000x1000px
I've noticed a lot of the same pseudoscience often gets posted word-for-word in replies to trans posts/threads.

I'm trying to fill out a bingo card with the common claims. Anyone have any suggestions for the empty squares
>>
>>7493223
Skull size, for one square. Maybe if the term "hon" is mentioned at least 5 times, then it counts?
>>
Make one of them just caraposter.
>>
>>7493223
agp isn't pseudoscience but the rest is true, and admittedly agp as interpreted by /lgbt/ is often pseudoscience
skull size and caraposter should also be on there
maybe replace the agp square with 'trutrans', because most often when /lgbt/ is being wrong about agp they're claiming it's diametrically opposed to being 'trutrans'
should also be a square for unrealistically early definitions of 'late transition', and a square for 'all ftms pass'
>>
>>7493228
Sorry I mean skull size is one separate square. Then add another square with the term "hon" on it, and add some subtext where it explains that if the term is mentioned at least 5 times in the thread, then it counts for the square.

I just woke up and now my brain is booting up, bur
>>
>>7493228
Hon is a good one

>>7493230
I should clarify this is mostly for when trans stuff comes up outside of /lgbt/ (ie. /v/)
>>
>>7493223
pimozide
>>
>>7493251
That shit still has legs? Right wing circlejerks never fail to impress me.
>>
File: Oxide_2_051.jpg (69KB, 550x1023px) Image search: [Google]
Oxide_2_051.jpg
69KB, 550x1023px
2d or some variation on jap media rotting neet brains
>>
>>7493251
this one was pretty shot lived meme but it deserve one square
>>
>"You can't change chromosomes"
>pseudoscience
>>
>>7493255
Interesting. Would you consider that and "Only if I could be an anime girl and not '3D Pig Disgusting' " to be one and the same?

>>7493260
the claim is true and also irrelevant to adult humans gender
>>
File: download.jpg (15KB, 230x300px) Image search: [Google]
download.jpg
15KB, 230x300px
Trans as 'really gay'
>>
>>7493264
Kind of. The anime as the cause is more common, less than the conditional
>>
"it's a mental illness"
>>
"There's nothing wrong with being feminine male/masculine female, you know"
>>
>>7493284
put this right next to the 'degeneracy' square for maximum effect
>>
File: image.jpg (218KB, 749x1017px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
218KB, 749x1017px
>If I can turn the bigots' talking points into a Bingo, I will finally beat my crippling depression and become a real girl!
>>
"I identify as a black man"
"I identify as Bill Gates"
"I identify as a t rex"
>>
>>7493264
>the claim is true and also irrelevant to adult humans gender
Not always, sure, but it's perfectly relevant when someone insists on not differentiating between trans-men/women and *actual* men and women, because in this case, it really does come down to biology.

And by the way, I don't begrudge anyone their gender expression. I only ever get into arguments about this when someone expects me to deny reality.
>>
>>7493323
In line at homegoods
At the movies
Walking past in a mall

Stop being such a tedious fuckwit
>>
>>7493321
Should mention attack helicopter instead of t rex imo.
>>
>>7493327
What?
>>
>>7493280
Surprised I missed this one

>>7493284
Also a common one.

>>7493321
>>7493332
definitely "attack helicopter"
>>
>>7493295
It really more about making fun of the lot of you who need constant validation of your bodies and faces. Its about laughing at the stupid language and terms that float around here. 4chan is so up its own ass, it literally has to make up words to put things together.
>>
Muh religion says (insert lgbt topic here) is wrong

Whore moans are bad for you

You're just confused
>>
>>7493336
Chromosomes dont matter in relation to transgender.
The end.
>>
>>7493351
I just told you when they do matter.
>>
>>7493340
>It really more about making fun of the lot of you who need constant validation of your bodies and faces.
Honest question, is this something transpeople legitimately believe about normies? That they're only repulsed by you because they are "insecure"?
>>
Please include:

"You are totally consumed by your obsession with gender identity, which makes interactions with you really difficult"

I get this bigoted shit all the time and it's starting to undermine my insistence on making every conversation about me and my interesting views on gender.
>>
File: tracerscout.jpg (43KB, 600x400px) Image search: [Google]
tracerscout.jpg
43KB, 600x400px
>>7493295
>>7493340
It's more that /pol/ or TERFs or whatever group all quote the same talking points, virtually identically, apparently without realising it.

It's not just that they are bigots or misinformed. They are all misinformed in the exact same way. They have this overly-elaborate and interconnected series of totally incorrect, unscientific, theories and soundbites that are simultaneously completely wrong, but also indicate the person spends way too much time talking about trans issues compared to the average person.

It's really similar to the way homeopaths, herbalists and other alt-med nonsense talk about illness and disease.

>>7493386
no

>>7493342
"confused" is good, but kind of overlaps with others

"hormones = extremely dangerous" is a good one that I see a lot

don't really see many religious comments compared to the other stuff though. It's there, but not ubiquitous
>>
File: transphobia_mistake.jpg (133KB, 650x706px) Image search: [Google]
transphobia_mistake.jpg
133KB, 650x706px
>>7493423
>t's more that /pol/ or TERFs or whatever group all quote the same talking points
>>
File: 35345.png (2MB, 1500x1794px) Image search: [Google]
35345.png
2MB, 1500x1794px
>>7493223
>children believe in things like the Easter Bunny and Santa, how could they possibly recognize their own gender???

>>7493230
>>7493234
Why exactly?
>>
File: transhate bingo.png (127KB, 1000x1000px) Image search: [Google]
transhate bingo.png
127KB, 1000x1000px
I gotchu f a m

Here you go
>>
"There are way more people transitioning to female than to male."
>>
File: 1461697047451.png (6KB, 390x470px) Image search: [Google]
1461697047451.png
6KB, 390x470px
Add, "posts a link to Walter Heyer's anti trans network."

lel

I spent a few weeks on /pol/ debating anti-trans people to hone my arguments and honestly it got to a point where literally every single argument against transpeople was recycled garbage. It made me realize how the people I was arguing with actually never thought for themselves, they repeated memes they heard dozens of times in their favorite alt-right Youtube vids and "news" sites.

Some of my favorites:
>le pimozide meme
>41% suicide rate!!
>Walter Heyer
>Post SRS regret (misrepresenting Cecilia Dhjene's work).
>Muh hormones in 12 year olds!! (being totally unaware of the medical process)
>Failed beta male unable to cope = transgender
>hormones = cancer
>Trannys only exist cause of what they put in the water and plastic!!
>Trannys didn't exist until the last 10 years, this proves it isn't real

No joke, I had a .txt document with prepared answers to these memes because they were so frequently spouted. It's like they are parrots that just repeat the misinformation and hyperbole they read elsewhere.
>>
File: 1483205909254.png (123KB, 1000x1000px) Image search: [Google]
1483205909254.png
123KB, 1000x1000px
>>7493992
fixed
>>
File: Imagfgdfgdfge3.jpg (66KB, 592x458px) Image search: [Google]
Imagfgdfgdfge3.jpg
66KB, 592x458px
>>7493423
Fix'd
>>
>>7494027
>>hormones = cancer
I got this one from my endo
"Hrt can give you breast cancer!"
You mean just like any woman? But I can't get testicle cancer anymore so I'm pretty sure it evens out.

>No joke, I had a .txt document with prepared answers to these memes because they were so frequently spouted.
Any chance you could share or otherwise teach your arguments to others?
>>
>>7494369
Actually according to studies trannies (and other people with breasts but no XX chromosomes) have much lower risk of breast cancer than cis woman.
>>
"all trannies are pre-op and have breast implants."
>>
>>7494403
Actually, according to science, trannies are literally immune to cancer.
>>
>>7493223

Get rid of AGP, it is real. It's a kind of BDD.

Everyone seems to think that transitioning at 18 is late, so that could be a good one.
>>
>>7495240
actually according to studies trannies are cancer
t. tranny
>>
>>7494027
>Spent a few weeks on /pol/ debating anti-trans
You brave soul
I feel like you'd need some detoxing after that
>>
>>7494027
>I spent a few weeks on /pol/ debating anti-trans people

I feel exhausted just reading that.

You'd never get through to someone on /pol/. People go there specifically to be nasty (true of this board too honestly). The threads all have a real zeitgeist and energy to them. No one would ever stop and be like "wow shit maybe I gotta rethink this" cuz it would kill that energy.
>>
>>7493323
It's only relevant in scenarios where chromosomal differences actually are meaningful. Which is very rare, unless you're talking about inheritance of sex-linked traits or something, what matters is the end result, not what chromosomes you have.

>>7493359
No, you didn't.
>>
File: download (1).jpg (6KB, 369x136px) Image search: [Google]
download (1).jpg
6KB, 369x136px
>>7493223
"Transgenderism is a mental illness... which means it should be treated with psychotherapy instead of transition!"
>>
>>7493992
"What's next, pedo acceptance movement?"

Except that's a real thing that's already going on. There are tons of completely unironic tumblr posts about "MAP (minor attracted person) acceptance" or similar things. search "non-contact/non-offending" on tumblr or twitter and you'll find a whole plethora of people who are activising pedophilia and making it a movement. Granted, you'll find plenty of people opposing it as well, but the fact is, it's there.

The rest of the stuff on that list is pretty true though.
>>
File: transphobicbingo2.png (133KB, 1000x1000px) Image search: [Google]
transphobicbingo2.png
133KB, 1000x1000px
>>7493223
updated to include some more talking points

>>7494034
SRS regret is different from the "They used to treat this as mental illness, now they just go straight to hacking up penises"

>>7494027
>No joke, I had a .txt document with prepared answers to these memes because they were so frequently spouted. It's like they are parrots that just repeat the misinformation and hyperbole they read elsewhere.
The amazing thing is how distinct and easily identifiable it is from regular ignorance/bigotry. It's like they've gone out of their way to be particularly misinformed.
>>
>posts picture of trans girl they think is ugly but is actually reasonably pretty
as common as the other tropes?
>>
>>7495473
>No, you didn't.
Are you fucking retarded? Not only did I describe a context in which they do matter, you even referenced the damn post yourself and ACKNOWLEDGED that there are indeed scenarios in which they are meaningful.

Again, chromosomes are a perfectly valid thing to reference when a transperson is so delusional, they insist on there being *literally* no difference between them and someone who was born the sex the transperson wishes they were.
>>
>>7497859
sex chromosomes matter to your doctor. nobody else

and surprisingly rarely in areas actually related to gender.
>>
>>7497867
>>7497859
You aren't even disagreeing on any point. Stop arguing.
>>
>>7497897
sex chromosomes are still irrelevant for trans people.

It's like someone says they are trans and you respond with "BUT YOU NEED OXYGEN TO LIVE!"

It's a total non-sequitir
>>
>>7497859
>Again, chromosomes are a perfectly valid thing to reference when a transperson is so delusional, they insist on there being *literally* no difference between them and someone who was born the sex the transperson wishes they were.
S T R A W M A N
Thread posts: 56
Thread images: 13

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.