[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why can't gay people commit with integrity to others? Am

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1

File: dontknow.jpg (2MB, 1492x1120px) Image search: [Google]
dontknow.jpg
2MB, 1492x1120px
Why can't gay people commit with integrity to others?

Am I too old fashioned to expect decency and respect?

Last night my partner called it quits via a text saying that he "wants to change his life". We weren't going out for too long, so I do not mind his decision that much (though it does hurt a lot). His tone was however sarcastic/aggressive, probably because he was expecting me to me mean or insulting in return. I was not, and his tone immediately changed to kindness after that.

I told him that he should do what he thinks is best for himself. And I honestly mean that. (Likewise, I will also move on following his decision).

What I do resent is that he did not tell me in person. I always treated him with kindness, loyalty and respect. And I always insisted that serious matters be discussed in person as social media cannot accompany the emotional context.

It is a lack of fortitude and self-respect that seems to be the norm in the gay community? Or are gay people really not that interested in the essence and deeper existence of others?

I do realize of course that this does not include all gay people, but certainly a great majority of homosexuals.

I have invested too much of myself and for too long trying to set an example against gay stereotypes. I am starting to believe that gay people in general deserve to be unhappy, for they bring it on themselves. One characteristic of maturity is understanding that you need to always be just, despite the injustice that life has dealt you.

We will never be respected and integrated as a worthy community if we do not change this. We love to play 'victim', though we fail to see that we contribute to this weak culture.
Perhaps this is also a norm in the straight community. I am too old fashioned perhaps. But that will not change my view that people should be treated with respect and integrity.
>>
thinking being "old fashioned" means anything is stupid.

you seem to be concern trolling pretty hard imo

https://subversionpress.files.wordpress.com/2016/08/homo.pdf

https://libcom.org/library/gay-communism-mario-mieli
>>
>>7487261

Thanks for the links. Will go through them after work.

I did not intend the offence of "concern trolling". I am probably just still very disappointed. Perhaps I am taking a personal experience (and past experiences) and incorrectly applying them to a broader the perspective.
>>
>>7487215
anyone who breaks up with someone over text, regardless of sexuality, who is over the age of 9 is socially inept to even be in a relationship.
>>
You just have to find the right one, i'm in a 2 year relationship, better than ever, the bond just keeps getting stronger.
Although i do believe that the majority of gay people are pretty promiscuous, i hope you can find someone who isnt a social retarded fag who breaks up using text messages, dont get sad, im sure you can have someone way better than that.
Someone told me once that it was pretty common to have a "slut" phase (not really slut, but being interested in getting to know a lot of new people and making out and knowing if people really finds you attractice or not) while experimenting with all the gay stuff, and he was right, it is necessary, but for most gay people that phase last forever, they are always in search of someone a little hotter or a little smarter, or a little more like them, its kind of a "forever young" mentality. Worst thing is that they never find, they always search, they might date, but, like you said, they are not interested in a deeper level relationship, as soon as someone "better" gives them attention, thats it.
>>
It just sounds like you're overthinking things because you're upset.
>>
>>7487856
Thanks mate. This makes a lot of sense.
>>
>>7487941
This is partly true. However it is not getting easier. I am in my thirties now and it seems that very few gay people 'mature' when it comes to relationships. I could handle this in my twenties, but this is otherwise starting to get absurd.

But yes, my being upset does have an affect.
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.