[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How do I find a good gender therapist? I don't think I'm

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

How do I find a good gender therapist?

I don't think I'm trans but at the same time I don't feel totally cis and its been bothering me a lot recently and I can't tell if I'm just repressing or something.

pls help
>>
>>7476326
grow up
>>
>>7476326
hard
if they exist in your area at all - ask in your trans community maybe
>>
Just keep living and concider how you feel every once in a while. If you still, after a couple of years, have the same view over your gender, go for it. If it changes, go with the flow and search more.
I thought I was definetly trans when I was younger but it has shifted to non-binary kind of thing after over a decade of looking for my style and appearance (without medical transition) and especially after I found a life partner who sees my dysphoric-but-quite-not-trans-enough-to-cut-parts-off body in a very respecting light. Nowadays, with an appearance of my liking, respecting partner and supportive friends, I feel good without anyone gender-defining me.
>>
>>7477518
You sound like a repressed tranny tbhon.
You can be a tranny without wanting to cut off your feminine benis
>>
>>7476326
I can't really help but you should also try asking this in the trans help thread. People there are usually more serious. Good on you for going to see a therapist though.
>>
>>7477518
>live in impotent conflict for years until you talk yourself into some bullshit instead of just seeking a professional to help sort your shit out efficiently
>>
>>7476326
This thread is useless so I'm stepping in. Where do you live? If it's metropolitan, you should be in luck.
>>
>>7478867
Thank you! Unfortunately I live in ruralish Kentucky but Lexington is like an hour away does that count?
>>7477540
I may depending on how this thread pans out. Thank you for the rec though.

>>7476356
Actually what does this mean
>>
>>7479536
Does this help at all?

http://www.transkentucky.com/site/resources/

There seems to be only one endo, Lisa Tannock, but there are quite a few therapists, almost all in Lexington.
>>
OP, I don't have anything to add to this thread, but I want to say you're not alone. I feel very similar to how you do, however haven't had the courage to seek help yet.
>>
>>7479576
do it before it's too late to help
>>
I'm this guy >>7477518 and it seems I sounded like a complete dick and my original point definetly didn't go trough. Let's try again, I don't want to be going around yelling ignorant bullshit. I am not saying trans people should "get ovet it" or that transitions aren't necessary.

What I really meant: If you have the chance to do less invasive choices in your life to adjust your appearance and general self to your liking, do that first.
Find clothes and haircut that fit your idea of you and your gender in a comfortable way.
Get a name (or a nickname) that feels good.
If you have breasts, get a binder and experiment with it. If you don't have breasts, experiment with with bras and paddings.
Find a hobby that makes you feel good and supports your view of your gender.

You don't have to decide all the things in the world just yet. You don't have to instantly know who you want to be and what you need to do to your body. In fact, you never have to do anything to your body if you don't find it necessary. These are very individual and delicate decisions and nobody can tell you exactly what you should do.

After my first, appearently horrible, entry, I neee to add that I have always been very passable as either. I have trans friends though who've had way more dominant physiological sex characteristics and I 100% understand their need for a quicer and more invasive transition.
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.