[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is it really possible to placebo someone into thinking they're

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 3

File: stop.png (2MB, 1460x1414px) Image search: [Google]
stop.png
2MB, 1460x1414px
Is it really possible to placebo someone into thinking they're trans to the point where they actually go through with transitioning?
>>
bumping because i wanna know too
>>
>>7475617
you're a girl anon. Don't let people worry you into thinking otherwise
>>
>>7475617
Prob not unless they're like a total retard.
>>
File: 1482031836567.jpg (28KB, 549x503px) Image search: [Google]
1482031836567.jpg
28KB, 549x503px
>>7475671
Is it possible for it to happen to a child or do you believe the hypothesis that ingrained gender would get in the way of that?
>>
>>7475676
>happen to a child
Yeah, children lack critical thinking skills
>>
I sometimes wonder if someone did this to me when i spent so much time online as a teen. I had this idea in my head, i liked crossdressing since i was a kid, but that was it. Im scared maybe everyone online telling me i was trans caused my breakdown and now ive just accepted it. Im i guess what you would call a "femboy" now, 17 months hrt with no desire to stop..

I dont even feel like a girl or want to be a femboy its just what i ended up doing
>>
>>7475617
I would say it's possible. Depends how you do it though since obviously the hardest part is getting them to accept it.
You'd have to have everything line up just right in order for someone to tip over the edge like what >>7475698 is kind of getting at.
But in situations like that it's hard to say whether anyone really did that much convincing because there are lots of detransitioners that would have different stories than that.

In terms of legit taking a normal guy and brainwashing him you'd need some serious aid from various drugs probably and need to keep them socially segregated so they can't talk to other people.
>>
>>7475676
Yes, ingrained gender would get in the way of it. They would kick and scream all the way. Just like some early-onset transsexuals rebel when their parents try to make them act like their birth sex.
>>
>>7475726
This is why im i feel like i was told i was trans though. I went online in my early teens, found 4chan and guys told me i was cute and i should dress up for them and then complimented me, and called me a girl and complimented me, and i liked the attention, and someone to talk about crossdressing with

Problem is pervert chasers from 4chan werent the best source of knowledge and straight up said "im a man and i dont do that, sounds trans to me", so i'd spend nights anxious and crying because i didnt know how to deal with that. Then i'd talk to trans people who talked to me like a girl by default, and basically told me in a much deeper way that everything about me was trans as fuck. Meanwhile i only got attention when i looked feminine so i became insecure about my shoulders and boy face etc.

When i explain this obviously people mistake it for dysphoria. I go to therapy because im so confused, and anxious i cant even think, then everyone's dark view on how useless it is makes me give it up, i start hrt as soon as i can at 18 and now i get more compliments and attention than ever but i get a weird cognitive dissonance where actually, i still feel the same as i did when i was kinda masculine, i dont feel like this weird girlboy inside but im scared to stop
>>
>>7475617
Anime
>>
File: IMG_4408.jpg (1MB, 2245x3264px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_4408.jpg
1MB, 2245x3264px
>>7475684
Agreed.
>>
>>7475617
yes especially if its done by a team of sociopaths from orange county that socially segregate you and drop things suggestive of trans-ness atthe right time
>>
>>7475698
Could be trolling. Could be legit. Whatever floats your boat, anon.
>>
>>7475749

I want to pound you hard.
>>
>>7475758
This. Literally asian cartoons and weeaboo forums convinced me to become a full time trap. If it's a crime to desire to be kawaii like a drawn two dimensional anime character, then I am guilty as charged!
>>
>>7475801
Thats weird, anon. No thank you though, im better than that now.
>>7475795
Its legit. Not actually sure if those were the real reason for becoming a crazy tranny but its a good theory
>>
>>7475617
Placebo isn't the word you're looking for but it is possible to apply psychology to make someone believe they're trans intentionally or not. Psychology has been used to give people traumas and change their food taste from delicious to disgusting. It was used to implant false memories in experiments and prove in court a therapist gave a woman fake childhood rape traumas to sue her dad. In one American experiment to understand Nazi German complicity the participants believed they killed someone, when asked why they did it they said they were told to. When evidence is presented which falsifies an entrenched belief there are many psychological effects which can enhance the belief which was shown to be false, leading cults to mass suicide or greater fervor. Some people will tell you transition is completely different to anything else. They might be suffering under one of those psychological effects that makes it impossible to consider other ideas.
>>
>>7475617
It could happen to anyone
>>
>>7475617
I don't know.

Every time I succeed I wonder if I chose my subject because they were an mtf, or if I really did purify a male.
>>
>>7476095
The American Nazi experiment did not involve killing. It involved participants being told to give strangers electric shocks and being told to continue even when they didn't want to. The part about continuing because "they were told to" was correct for a significant percentage of participants.
>>
>>7479500
I am a fat man. Convert me.
>>
>>7476001
To be pedantic: *hypothesis
>>
>>7475617

The only way I see it possible is through torture and massive psychological abuse.
>>
>>7479625
The settings were gradually increased to beyond lethal levels and they were told to continue zapping and increasing the settings. They continued even after the actor stopped responding by playing dead.
>>
>>7475749
Did you ever hangout with gay guys in real life?
Maybe social segregation gave you the wrong idea of what people find attractive and just generally messed with you.

But if you're happy it really shouldn't be a problem.
>>
>>7479871
oh so like my childhood.
>>
>>7475698
Can we talk?
Thread posts: 28
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.