[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why do any gay men like shitty pop stars? It's literally

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 79
Thread images: 13

File: beyonce-super-bowl-50.jpg (48KB, 640x360px) Image search: [Google]
beyonce-super-bowl-50.jpg
48KB, 640x360px
Why do any gay men like shitty pop stars?

It's literally the worst stereotype of any kind and sadly they exist.

Why?
>>
Because the most flamboyant of gay men (fags) like to perpetuate the stereotype surrounding being a fag, and that includes broadcasting their love of shitty pop stars, talking with a lisp, and just acting like a ponce.
>>
>>7457170
Flamboyance is fine, just stop enabling "musicians" with 10+ song writers.

Literally human instruments given a script.
>>
>>7457138
>>7457170

Fuck off, rockists
>>
>>7457181
OP here, I don't listen to dad rock or metal.
>>
just a reminder that Kanye West is still a better LGBT+ star than any other
>>
>>7457208
Weak bait
>>
>>7457208
Yeezy is for the Gays
>>
>>7457208
Fuck le ebin whitey beyonce should win all awards reeeeee respect the artistry of someone with 20+ song writers on her albums
>>
>>7457138
because rock/rap/any other kind of music iS FUCKING GARBAGE AND BRITNEY SPEARS AND RIHANNA ARE BETTER THAN THE BEATLES AND I'M 100% SERIOUS WHEN I SAY THAT
>>
>>7457252
Have an actual talented female musician.

https://youtu.be/JtH68PJIQLE
>>
>>7457269
hell no that bitch sounds like she's having an exorcism in every one of her songs
>>
>>7457231
Kill yourself shitlord
>>
>>7457192
What do you have against pop music, then?
>>
>>7457294
he probably think's he's above it, like most people who listen to pretentious indie music
>>
>>7457294
That it's simply a product and not art.

An artists does more than sing a script handed to them, an artists is passionate about creating.
>>
I like Lana del Rey.
>>
#slay
>>
>>7457312
an artist is someone that makes music. It's as simply as that, stop trying to make it more complicated than it is.
>>
>>7457325
Except pop stars don't make music, they just sing.
>>
I'm AGP and I really enjoy pop music. I can't tell if its actually related to the AGP or not.
>>
Did someone call for a legend?
>>
>>7457330
This is the part that bugs me.
The fuck is YASSS QUEEN SLAAAAY.

I assume it's basically 'yes you're killing it, good job' but why the fuck say it in such a cuntingly obnoxious way
>>
>>7457334
Some pop start like Taytay and Bruno Mars are actually involved in the music making process, fag.
>>
>>7457358
YAAAAASSS QUEEN DRAG HA TO FILTH!
>>
>>7457358
Because it triggers breeder scum like you.
>>
>>7457359
Except Shitlor can't sing or dance, she's fucking worthless and is better off as a songwriter/background singer for calvin harris songs. I don't use Bruno so idk him.
>>
>>7457363
>breeder
Why the fuck would I be here if I was a hetshit you moron.

I just speak English, so when lisping faggots start screaming OH EM GEE YASSSSSSS SLAAAAAAAY I have to wonder what is actually wrong with their brains.
>>
>>7457368
Unlike you I don't give a shit wether the people I listen to can sing like Ariana Grande or dance like Kpop idols so I could really give less of a fuck about your """criticism"""of Tay.
>>
>>7457370
ŸAAAAAÂAAAAAŠ
>>
>>7457381
>Kpop
embarrassing
>>
my bf likes this kind of music

i prefer this
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eUMtnV2q_cA

and he is more masculine than im, how weird is that?
>>
>>7457388
I unironically say yas all the time so that's pretty much the only bit that doesn't trigger me
>>
>>7457400
what the
>>
/mu/ tranny here
recently carly rae jepsen and to a lesser extent beyonce have been pretty good
early lady gaga is a guilty pleasure
less popular artists like sky ferreira are good
>>
>>7457480
shut the fuck up :)
>>
>>7457480
you're a pathetic individual!
>>
>>7457480
>I take /mu/ serious
>I take 4chan serious
>I am a tranny

Kill yourself,man
>>
>>7457497
i did nothing to you fags to warrant a choir of bitching
>>
>>7457400

A healthy relationship and sense of individuality unmarked by gender roles
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iUcAPCxrSQs

REAL feminist LGBT empowerment shit right here
>>
idk the thread was invalidated 8 posts ago
>>
>>7457181
>disliking generic pop music
>must be a popist

fuck off you small minded uncultured beyonce loving faggot
>>
File: image.jpg (150KB, 961x1200px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
150KB, 961x1200px
Reminder that homosexuality is the original Avant-garde and if you like pop trash you're either a tranny or a actual female
>>
>>7457745
whats it supposed to be when you like both
and how avant garde are we talkin here
>>
Avant-garde
Avant-gard
Avant-gar
Avant-ga
Avant-g
Avant-
Avant
Avan
Ava
Av
A
Ar
Ari
Aria
Arian
Ariana
Ariana G
Ariana Gr
Ariana Gra
Ariana Gran
Ariana Grand
Ariana Grande
>>
File: Electrode Grin.png (18KB, 455x396px) Image search: [Google]
Electrode Grin.png
18KB, 455x396px
>this thread
>>
>>7457745
>things that didn't happen
>>
My very gay hairdresser had a "little monsters" tattoo (what Lady Gaga calls her fanbase) on his forearm. I lowkey admired his confidence in just doing whatever the hell he wanted- I imagine he must have realized that there would be some judgement involved in being a grown gay man with a highly visible lady gaga tattoo. There's some stuff I don't do appearance-wise because I don't want to be a stereotype even though I like those things, I thought it was cool that he was comfortable liking what he liked.
>>
>>7457138
Am gay and this is my second most browsed board after mu. I listen to atmospheric black metal and psychedelic electronica. As far as I can tell, the majority of people have shitty plebian taste, gay men probably just don't indulge in the "aggressive" plebian music because they aren't shackled by toxic masculine stereotypes like most straight plebs.
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (150KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
150KB, 1920x1080px
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gFaZyHxQGYQ

What are some actually good musicians for LGBT?

Klaus Nomi for example.
>>
>>7459867
Grace Jones wasn't lgbt as far as I know but her music was really good and and she was a supporter of lgbt when we were still stigmatized
>>
there's a difference between liking Britney Spears' music and obsessing over them/parading them around like a fag, gay or not the people are annoying
>>
I only like patrician gay icons such as Björk and Kate Bush
>>
>>7460875
Do you also care when rockists and other autistic music fags do the same?
>>
>>7457334
There's a difference between a mere pop "star"and a pop musician, though.

Pop music is often stigmatized as trivial and uninteresting, but there have been great, incredibly creative and boundary-pushing pop composers such as Peter Gabriel, Kate Bush, Brian Wilson, Bowie, Eno, Bjork, Fiona Apple, Sufjan Stevens, etc.
It's kind of ridiculous to paint all pop music with the same brush. It doesn't only consist of top 40 hits written by Dr. Luke.
>>
>>7457138
I'm a flamboyant homosexual and my favorite musician is Steven Wilson
>>
>>7460950
Dr. Luke hasn't been relevant in a million years grandpa
>>
File: hqdefault.jpg (21KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault.jpg
21KB, 480x360px
>>7457298
I don't listen to pop because it all sounds the same. Not even an indie listener. I just listen to KCRW or All songs considered 24/7, they do have a lack of hip hop though. I like less formulaic pop music though. Not the guy you responded to as well.
>>
File: r3BPFdb[1].jpg (154KB, 1920x1440px) Image search: [Google]
r3BPFdb[1].jpg
154KB, 1920x1440px
>tfw love post-punk.goth rock/early 90s alt rock/30-50s swing

>tfw can't find any gay guy who likes even a single band/song I like

kinda sucks. Never have any other qts to share my music with.
>>
>>7460987
Oopsie.
>>
>>7460902
Bjork is the most aesthetic human ever born.

Why is she so perfect?
>>
>>7461024
Bjork is an ugly quasi-Asian old lady
>>
>>7457269

*Bait
>>
>>7460998
Was scrolling by, it's funny because these are my exact music tastes but I'm a MtF that only likes ladybits.
>>
>>7457400
based
>>
>>7457579
>grew up in chicago burbs "black women empowerment"
>>
>>7461107
Nice AGP.
>>
>>7461164
Oh no I've been trolled woe is me.
>>
>>7457358
>why do faggots act in a cuntingly obnoxious way
Is it possible that... you're not really familiar with the concept of faggotry?

Just in case you are, let me break it down for you: faggots act deliberately obnoxiously because being homosexual used to be (seen as) corrosively anti-normative itself, therefore the only people who were "out" gays were the ones who were prepared to go whole hog with offending the social norms and general sensibilities of anyone with half a brain; the rest were in the closet. Therefore the gay subculture formed around a hard nucleus of smug, self-celebrating obnoxious douchebags and because they're obnoxious douchebags obviously they still don't see any reason to stop celebrating themselves, rather they revel in a culture where being a giant shitbird is celebrated. Normal people can now be out as gay and that's great, but obviously "the subculture" ie faggotry is still repugnant to them because they're normal and have their brains intact, they just like dude fucking, much like half the population of the planet.
>>
>>7457138

Gay coworkers's favorite bands are Coldplay and 21 Pilots

God forbid I try to talk music, I feel very alien
>>
I wonder the same thing!
>>
>>7460993
>pop all sounds the same
>all rock songs mostly use the same generic formula with the same shitty "organic" instruments
Sure
>>
>>7461404
I don't listen to rock. And I did say that I listen to pop music that isn't formulaic.
>>
File: britney.jpg (123KB, 500x750px) Image search: [Google]
britney.jpg
123KB, 500x750px
>>7457138
i naturally gravitated towards pop music at a young age. obviously i don't take it very seriously but there's something just really fascinating about them. pop music from the late 90's-early 2000's is just wonderful. i don't even know why or if it's related to being gay because i was obsessed with britney before i ever had any sort of sexual/romantic thoughts whatsoever
>>
>>7457138

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AcrqiEIB--o
>>
File: bjorkgoeshmm.gif (1001KB, 499x383px) Image search: [Google]
bjorkgoeshmm.gif
1001KB, 499x383px
>>7461098
fuck you whore
>>
File: IAKbEob.png (400KB, 446x530px) Image search: [Google]
IAKbEob.png
400KB, 446x530px
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yXQViqx6GMY
Thread posts: 79
Thread images: 13

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.