[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How important do you think gatekeeping is in terms of who and

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 6

File: 1482536799584.jpg (160KB, 884x1280px) Image search: [Google]
1482536799584.jpg
160KB, 884x1280px
How important do you think gatekeeping is in terms of who and who not should be allowed access to transition?
>>
>>7455073
Just make it illegal for anyone over 19 to access hormones, we don't need more mega-hons. Twinky hons who might have a chance with FFS can stay though, that's why I said 19 instead of 14.
>>
>>7455135
This. S eeing as early transitioning isn't a definite for passing concentration should also be on potential to pass and naturally effeminate features which is easy to read off of bone structure etc.
>>
>>7455241
*be on blocking those without
>>
>>7455073
generally there should be extremely strict gatekeeping to keep out the trenders and the hons. at a bare minimum should be a full lifetime of cross gender identity and presentation, and the decision to allow puberty blockers should be natural and sensible, and depending on the child's genetics restricted (along with all other hormones) to beginning before the age of 11-13. this retarded practice of just letting fucking anyone on the meds after a year of being a man in a dress (or even worse, "informed consent") would be laughable if it weren't so irresponsible.
>>
No gate keeping. Your body, your choice. You don't have to justify to anyone your decision for transition. Minors should have parental consent.
>>
File: 1482529456873.jpg (65KB, 640x640px) Image search: [Google]
1482529456873.jpg
65KB, 640x640px
>>7455478
It's not about justifying it on a personal level, it's about being medically certified as trutrans or not. That's all that's necessary for you to transition.
>>
>>7455473

But realistically, of the people seeking medical transition, what's the ratio of trutrans to trender really going to be? At the end of a day, a system like this seems far more likely to needlessly harm trans people than protect trenders (who often don't even pursue medical transition).
It can't just be a free for all, but I don't see why everyone should have to put up with over a year of living as a man in a dress and permanently ageing as a male before being able to live as a woman. Especially when many people go through years of thought and experimentation on their own before pursuing it officially.
There needs to be a reasonable balance.
>>
File: 1395801545578.jpg (101KB, 375x500px) Image search: [Google]
1395801545578.jpg
101KB, 375x500px
>>7455073
>gatekeeping
>implying anyone can stop me
>>
>>7455478
>You don't have to justify to anyone your decision for transition.
>Minors should have parental consent.
really maeks u think
>>
>>7455473
If there is extreme gatekeeping there should also be an emphasis on education for younger generations. If i had known transition was an option and that id have a chance at a normal life starting at a super young age i might have jumped at it. Especially if there was a deadline involved that said id never get another chance if I waited
>>
>>7455073
Transitioning = cheap, politically correct population control + removal of dysphoria-inducing genetics/epigenetics from the gene pool
Make that shit OTC.
>>
Like all medical conditions, people with gender dysphoria should be required to see a psychiatrist to ensure they are not faking their conditions, and that there is not some other illness plaguing them.

People who do not experience gender dysphoria should not be given access to HRT.

>>7455135

It is not a problem to society if hons are created. What is a problem is if some 13 year old sees a trans woman on tumblr, thinks it's the hot new thing, starts taking anti androgens, and then upon realizing that this really isn't what they were wanting, realizes they have already permanently damaged their reproductive capabilities.

Those with medical conditions (i.e. gender dysphoria) should always be treated.
Those without medical conditions should be denied access to drugs that they do not need.
>>
>>7456208
>reading comprehension
>>
File: giphy.gif (1MB, 480x270px) Image search: [Google]
giphy.gif
1MB, 480x270px
>>7455073
>should be allowed?
>allowed

stop trying to control other people
>>
>>7455073
Like everything that gets over-regulated it just fuels the black market. There's barely even a demand for hormones (like mtf's are only what, 0.02% of the population or something) yet there's a pretty thriving black market for it.
Excessive regulations and distribution control force people to pursue more dangerous alternatives
I can sort of understand testosterones regulations since it is heavily abused in sports, but even then it's pretty obvious regulations work even less well for that since it's ridiculously easy to get steroids compared to estrogen.

Regulation and gatekeeping just does not work period.
>>
File: 345345.png (2MB, 1422x1498px) Image search: [Google]
345345.png
2MB, 1422x1498px
>>7456434
That's because in the US the wrong people (early transitioners) are gatekept. Alleviating restrictions on that while enforcing restrictions on late transitioners to rid the image of trans of stigma will work hand in hand.

UK and other euro countries have separate issues.
>>
>>7456452
That really doesn't work. The entire reason for gatekeeping is because of how much we over exaggerate the effects of hormones. If you restricted older people those stigmas would stay in place.
Maybe it's for good reasons, but if you look at what we prescribe to people these days hormones barely even puts a dent in your life. We handout antidepressants and antianxiety pills like candy so there's not really a good explanation for the bizarre controls over hormones other than strict social taboos.
>>
>>7456541

if you are a doctor then stop handing out antidepressants like candy.

if you're not, then stop saying "we"
it is really annoying.
>>
4chan is so insecure this thread actually exists
>>
>>7456557
I say we because it's society that generally lets it happen. If there's no backlash against it why would doctors stop prescribing it?

People ultimately prefer less regulations on prescription medications because many people prefer to decide for themselves what they put in their bodies rather than leaving it up entirely to a single doctor.
>>
>>7456558
nothing is wrong with it
Thread posts: 22
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.