[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Anyone here trying to get over a crush? I just read the wikihow

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 4

File: 1481334278008.jpg (73KB, 538x694px) Image search: [Google]
1481334278008.jpg
73KB, 538x694px
Anyone here trying to get over a crush? I just read the wikihow (lol) and am following it. Step 1 is find people who know what you're feeling.
>>
File: 35345.png (2MB, 1500x1794px) Image search: [Google]
35345.png
2MB, 1500x1794px
>>7436861
Find people who understand only gives you an outlet to talk about your crush more and more and it doesn't stop.
>>
>>7436867
*finding
>>
>>7436867
I'm sure I can avoid talking about her in detail if I try. She's not perfect and I'm infatuated with her and need to move on.
>>
>>7436861
I mean.. I feel this. I've had a crush on this girl for the past ~5 years now. I couldn't pursue her near the beginning for xyz reasons and now I've waited too late so it's pointless clinging.
We've drifted apart now, we somewhat follow each other on social media but it's pretty casual, nearly-no interaction, and that's helping me move on. Your situation is probably different, though.
>>
I got a crush, but she hardly ever talks to me and we aren't very good friends. I dunno what she sees in other people that I lack :(
>>
>>7436914
Don't beat yourself up it's probably nothing you can even fix or anything that's your fault.
>>7436905
That's a long time. I had a crush for a year and a half before this one and I thought that was far too long.
>Your situation is probably different, though
she talks to me yeah but I know it's not gonna happen and she already said no. The last one really wrecked me and I'm trying to do better this time around and move on and have a life.
>>
you get them out of your life until it gets to the point you only think about them once in a blue moon about what could have been but never was
>>
>>7436943
Her saying no is probably all the closure you need, all you can really do now is gradually get her out of your daily life and find something else to occupy your thoughts with.
>>
>>7436959
>>7436967
You guys are totally right. I've been messaging her less and less each day and sometimes shut my phone off so I can't.
One thing I want advice on is I got her a Christmas present and have no idea what to do with it. I'd like to just forget about it so I can accept this and not come across like I'm trying to guilt or force them but I told them I got something. Should I just pretend to be busy if they bring it up and say oh it's not much I can just give it later? I feel like they won't bring it up so I'm happy for that.
>>
>>7436943
yeah I just wonder if I should keep trying to win her affections. Or what I should do. I have been driven to an unhealthy obssession. I don't think she hates me or anything, I'm probably just somebody she never considers or thinks about much at all.
>>
>>7437022
It certainly can be hard if they still talk to you and don't seem angry or uncomfortable by different levels of communication. Has the subject ever came up? A definite no does hurt a lot but I think it can help (I feel like it's pushing me for sure) to move on.
>>
I think this has helped me. Where should I go to meet new people? I'll probably go to a church I've been to in the next week.
>>
>>7436981
If it would be appropriate to offer them the gift otherwise, give them the gift. Otherwise return/regift/keep/discard it at your discretion. Based on >>7437022, it is probably not appropriate.
>>
>>7437575
That's not my post
>>
>>7437063
>Where should I go to meet new people?
Anywhere that pertains to your interests. You can go to church if a religious-SO is important to you, yeah. Or a book club or a gym or wherever else is a gathering place for people with similar interests.

>>7436981
Give the gift anyway, might as well. Just be casual about it, don't overhype it or anything.
>>
>>7438671
And I got a card that I wrote my feelings in. Definitely toss that right? It's hard I need someone to tell me to throw that shit out.

I'll check around town for some clubs today. I like playing chess maybe there's one somewhere of like board games
>>
I got over a crush recently. It took years honestly. I used to get pissed whenever he got a new s/o and secretly hated them for a good while, but I started befriending the newest boyfriend and between that, realizing he's better off with his new boyfriend, and realizing I'm just not cut out for relationships, I've been able to get over it all without having to cut him out of my life and keep him as my closest friend. No having to keep distance, no nothing that those stupid "how to get over your crush" guides had.
>>
>>7439275
>Years
No thanks
>>
>>7436861
Force them to reject you intirely
>>
File: Rage of a Thousand.jpg (162KB, 424x470px) Image search: [Google]
Rage of a Thousand.jpg
162KB, 424x470px
Just listen to this and cry
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5T5rCSmduaY

Then realize nothing is over

BECAUSE NOTHING EVER STARTED.

YOU DIDN'T LOSE THEM BECAUSE YOU NEVER HAD THEM. DOES IT MAKE SENSE NOW?
>>
File: 1459286685541.jpg (62KB, 566x626px) Image search: [Google]
1459286685541.jpg
62KB, 566x626px
>>7441416
>Mfw last crush posted this on her Facebook
I can't even imagine anyone turning that girl down either. And she has a gf. Maybe he just likes the show I swear she really pushed the unrequited love thing
>>
>>7441377
It's crossed my mind but isn't that mean and pushy
>>
I drank copious amounts of liquor and listened to a lot of Hank Williams.
>>
Become an adult. /thread
>>
>>7442212

They gotta get to that point by making those lasting life decisions of telling someone that they like them, or deciding to bury it and move on.

Either way, however many years from now it's not going to matter anyway. Either you a) get rejected and find out that the world isn't a korean drama where everything turns out in the end, or b) you don't get rejected and date, fuck, or do something with that knowledge.

God I'm so fucking jaded. This is what happens when you get married.
>>
>>7436861
Got over her years ago
Thread posts: 27
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.