[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I'm 18, turning 19 in a month. Should I even bother transitioning?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 70
Thread images: 6

File: IMG_6957.jpg (118KB, 768x1024px)
IMG_6957.jpg
118KB, 768x1024px
I'm 18, turning 19 in a month. Should I even bother transitioning? I've been in therapy for about a year and my therapist had strongly recommended transitioning, but i'm horrified that i'll end up looking like pic related, or worse
>>
>>7429193
>that masculine 2D:4D ratio
FUCKING HONS
>>
>19
>waah I'm too old

Please kid, even most the people here didn't start HRT until later than that

Also if you are truly trans you won't be able to repress it forever. Better to try now than break down and kill yourself or start transitioning in your thirties.
>>
>>7429193
You can still take hormones and present as male. There's really nobody forcing you to look like a hon, except maybe your therapist if he cuts off your prescription if you don't.
>>
>>7429217
sorry, i'm not trying to sound whiny. I just hear the "18+ transitioners are gonna be hons" meme thrown around a lot
>>
>>7429239
You'll be worse off than early transitioners to be sure, but you can still have a successful transition at 18. There are some who started later than that, who still look "hot" by cis standards (but not by tranny standards, since we're all autistic).
>>
>>7429239
Lol I'm 27 and when I was in high school it wasn't even socially acceptable to be gay let alone trans. We had like one openly gay kid in my school and he got the shit kicked out of him all the time, and this was in Canada so I can only imagine it was worse in the US. You should count yourself lucky that we've come so far in such a short time in terms of acceptance and that you are even able to consider coming out as trans at 18.
I'd imagine even transitioning in your 20s is still somewhat rare, this site just gives you a skewed view because it's a younger crowd. Plus 4chan is pretty open to self-medding whereas 99% of other lgbt sites will curse you out for it and try to dissuade you.
If I had to guess at the actual statistics of the age people most commonly transition at I'd say late 20s to mid 30s right now.
>>
>le too old at 18
REEE, FUCK OFF

Try being almost 22. The only thing keeping me from killing myself is the lexapro-induced apathy.
>>
>>7429292
>tfw wish I could have self medded earlier.
>>
>>7429316
I think a lot of people take this place for granted given how much info there is for self-medding.
Even on places like Susan's if you talk about something as ridiculous as self medding with herbs it's a bannable offense.
>>
>>7429306
Why aren't you on hormones?

>>7429316
Unless you started at 12, you will pretty much always feel this way. There's always someone better than you when you're trans.
>>
>>7429342
thats true but maybe I would have been slightly happier though or it could have altered my life and how it played out till now.
>>7429337
I actually fell for the meme "just wait and go the offical route :^)"

jesus fucking christ I would never do that again.
>>
>>7429342
Even if you started at 12 you'd likely be jealous of somebody who was not only given puberty blockers at that age, but also estrogen.
>>
>>7429193

It's never too late to be yourself. Looks aren't everything, that said I have known women who transitioned in their late 30's that look much better than some girls who started in their late teens.
>>
>>7429342
>Why aren't you on hormones?
Because I was denying and rationalising for too long, and now I gotta go fast and get on HRT before I fuck up even more. Or not, I guess it's too late anyway
>>
>>7429292
Born in 1990, am 26 now, can confirm.

There was one openly gay kid in my high school and he was kind of a black sheep. We had a GSA club, but I have no idea who besides him went to it, because if you were gay back then you tended to keep it on the down-low.

But trans? Hahahahaha. Yeah, right.
>>
>>7429371
>regrets repressing
>maybe I'll just repress even more

... Do you need help, anon?
>>
File: Anime Inspo 2.png (62KB, 443x779px) Image search: [Google]
Anime Inspo 2.png
62KB, 443x779px
>>7429378
You have a point there. Yes, I actually do need help ;—;
>>
>>7429357
People play up hormones a little too much I think. Antidepressants probably cause more liver damage and psychological damage than hormones ever will.
Plus I dislike the idea of heavy distribution control on drugs, unregulated markets have been shown to work better in countries like India and certain places in South America.
Plus people always forget that you can still get liver tests and whatnot at your family doctor while self-medding. Alcoholics and drug addicts do it all the time. Doctor-patient confidentiality is the law so you aren't going to jail for doing it.

Besides you can get kilos of heroin delivered to your doorstep that you can purchase online with a credit card these days. It's about time pharmaceutical companies get rekt so they stop gouging consumers. Self-medding is the future you could say lol
>>
>>7429398
Get on hormones, save up for FFS and work on your voice, and you'll probably actually pass. Even if you're still a bit clockable, you'll be happier and more attractive than you would have been if you had repressed until you were 30.

Be a girl, anon. Be you.
>>
>>7429401
ummm anon do you want to cuddle and kiss?
>>
File: 24.png (817KB, 596x848px) Image search: [Google]
24.png
817KB, 596x848px
I started HRT right as I turned 19 too and ended up fine
>>
>tfw read about hormones and stuff on 4chan when I was 15, but thought I was too old

If only I hadn't been a complete retard when I was younger
>>
>>7429193
we wouldnt be able to tell without a picture, age doesnt say much when you're past the usual start of male puberty
>>
File: Tennis Qts.jpg (242KB, 697x897px) Image search: [Google]
Tennis Qts.jpg
242KB, 697x897px
>>7429435
That's the plan for now! My voice is the worst passing-wise, but maybe I could actually pull through without needing FFS. I get carded when buying cigs/booze constantly (meaning I come off as under 18) and I've been told I look like a FTM with my buzzcut.

Thank you so much, anon <3
>>
>>7429193
she would pass for a homely cis woman if she found a proper wig.
>>
>>7429436
I would!
>>
>>7429463

This. Genetics matter more than age.
>>
>>7429193
You'll most likely end up a hon, pre-puberty is really the only viable to start transitioning. Just accept that you're a dude.
>>
>>7429494
just how many cis guys do you see that could pass as a woman?
>>
>>7429508
its not about cis guys, many trans girls have a very late puberty, klinefelter's syndrome, etc. which could leave them with an un-masculinized body in their late teens, while others could already be beyond help at 14 years old. puberty is different for everyone so it's hard to tell if you'll pass just by age. There's also people in their 30s who manage to pass because they naturally have a less masculine face shape and height. It all depends on genetics.
>>
>>7429508

Quite a few actually, women come in all shapes and sizes. Unless you transitioned before puberty, the damage is mostly done.
>>
>>7429551
>many trans girls have a very late puberty, klinefelter's syndrome, etc.
the fuc? I need a source for this.
I see manly men every time I go to MTFG and see the pre pics.

also its a minority of transwomen who do have a good genetics and can actually pass. from what I've seen not many here pass as cis.
>>
I'm not, stop worrying about what other people will think you look like worry about or think about how you feel inside. That's really all that counts. Once you love yourself others will love you.
>>
>>7429500
Okay, this Anon is an idiot! Except that you'll be a good looking handsome woman but you don't have to be a cute little girl girls are not valued except as sex objects you want to be valued as a woman. Now go do something for society!.
>>
>>7429583
I don't think those people that randomly walk past you whenever you go out, go to work, or school
will

>love you
>>
>>7429568
i rlly only mean the true trans ones, mtfg is filled with men but there are still many posters here who started at 18-20 with an androgynous body
>>
>>7429292
As a fellow 27 year old I can verify it was just like that here in the US when I was 18. Maybe a little worse since even teachers joined in on the bullying
>>
>>7429375
GSA was 100% straight female allies at my school.
t. 27
>>
>>7429661
>GSA was 100% straight female allies at my school.
kek wtf
fucking cis straight females.
I know I had one at my school but knew nothing about it besides that it was just there somewhere.
>>
>>7429500
>pre-puberty is really the only viable to start transitioning
is everybody on 4chan fucking retarded autistic or is it always the same loser repeating the same bullshit over and over?
>>
>>7429193
lol, no don't bother. anything past 14 is not worth it at all, and even at 14 is a 50-50 hon-tier
>>
>>7429375
>>7429292
1990 here too
got bullied for being "gay" before I even realised I was attracted to men, let alone trans. I fucking hate getting lumped in with millennials because people assume that we got to grow up in the progressive wonderland that is current year. I'm too young to be a bitter hon but here we are.
>>
>>7429202
well spotted!
>>
>>7430149
Yeah a lot has changed in a very short time. Like I can't even believe how common it is for there to be mtf's in high schools these days.
It's no wonder political bipartisanship is at an all time high. The amount things have changed in less than 10 years is just astronomical.

It is somewhat annoying seeing people on here saying you're "doomed" if you transition after 18 yet they have no idea that if they were born merely 4-5 years earlier they wouldn't even be contemplating coming out of the closet as gay let alone trans at any time before graduating high school. It was pretty much social suicide to do so and ruined many peoples lives.
>>
>>7429202
The what?
>>
>>7430279
Their ring finger is longer than their index finger, so they are not trutrans. Probably just a fetishist.
>>
>>7430169
It's so true. I can't be angry at them, but I am disappointed by their ignorance.
>>
>>7430169
>>7430149
>tfw could have gone to a private high school where i might have been brainwashed by the gay liberals into knowing trans and hormones was a thing but i just decided to go to the public school nearby
>>
>>7429463
OP here. Here is most recent pic. Bout a month ago
>>
>>7430541
And yes I know brows are trash, head is long, and my chin is shit
>>
>>7430328
I'm >>7430149 and went to a non-denominational private school... we barely had sex-ed
>>
>>7430556
My schools sex-ed was basically an advertisement. They brought in a doctor and he showed some pics of std's and then said "it's not about if you get an std, it's when. When you get one, call me" then handed out business cards to everyone lol
>>
>>7430541
you'd definitely require ffs
>>
>>7429681
Because it's true.
>>
>>7430637
that's pretty funny really, kinda helpful too 2bh
>>
>>7429681
Not that anon, but I agree that if you let puberty fuck you up, you will never be satisfied with your transition. So it's not just one autist.
>>
>>7430714
A lot of the times you don't have a choice.

Oh well, maybe one day we'll all just be cyborgs and we can all become qt cyborg girls. That's basically all that is keeping me going in life.
>>
>>7430714
>>7430772
I've kinda realised that social transition will be outside my grasp. People have always been unsure what to make of me so I don't imagine HRT will change that perception all that much but at least I'll be calmer.
>>
>>7430797
I'm sort of in the same boat. I feel like if I do socially transition it's quite a ways away for me. I would love to wear girls clothes and such but I probably would just look like a skinny crossdresser with gyno lol

It just kills me inside cause I think of stuff like every day life for girls and that they can dress up nice for events, eventually they get married, can wear wedding dresses and such, and like then there's me and I don't think I can do anything without like 10,000x as much effort and I'll still look like an ugly fetishist doing it.
>>
>>7430556
>non-denominational
but was it like one of those more bourgeois schools, or just like a charter school?
>>
>>7430920
At least our suffering will be righteous and one day we get to die, right? That said it doesn't mean we can't be happy or live fulfilling lives, it's just going to be harder. Hope if works out for you.

>>7430935
Fuck if I know, all I know is my folks payed 15k+ so that other kids would only tease me instead of beat me. Well, I did get beat, but only once.
>>
>>7430644
Did you actually see the pic cuz i deleted it. I agree with you if you did.
>>
>>7430977
i did
>>
>>7429292
Also I think the average channer is probably from a more liberal urban area, where it's more socially acceptable to be LGBT.

>be me
>MTF
>raised in Kentucky
>was "that queer kid" in high school; constantly made fun of for my effeminate voice and mannerisms
>tried to give myself an orchi at about 16; pussied out, thankfully
>started repressing hard in college, took boxing lessons, cut hair short, even grew beard out a bit
>started self-medding a few months before 30th birthday; came out as trans about six months after that

>>7429378
It's the sunk cost fallacy I guess.
>if I stop repressing now, all those years of repressing my true self will have been for nothing!
>>
>>7429681
Because it's true.

HRT isn't magic; it can't take back your broad masculine shoulders.

Some cis women have broad shoulders, but those are usually professional athletes (read: women with higher-than-average testosterone), and they have to deal with lots of "haw haw you look like a man" jokes.
>>
>>7431148
I like how you went straight for the shoulders. It's always really easy to tell what someone is most insecure about.
>>
>>7430977
just post it again pls, i need something to feel good about myself
t. 22 yo hon
>>
>>7430964
>At least our suffering will be righteous and one day we get to die, right? That said it doesn't mean we can't be happy or live fulfilling lives, it's just going to be harder. Hope if works out for you.
I'm holding out for technological advancements
The instant we can upload our brains into a computer I'm signing up for it.
>>
>>7431241
Hoping for a realistic simulacrum is like hoping to be cis. I'm just gonna try and play my hand and die human.
Thread posts: 70
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoin at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Posts and uploaded images are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that website. If you need information about a Poster - contact 4chan. This project is not affiliated in any way with 4chan.