[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is Manic Pixie Nightmare Girl a parody? It's depicted pretty

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 8

File: tumblr_nyqxxl7Ee31s92rato1_1280.jpg (250KB, 1280x1381px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_nyqxxl7Ee31s92rato1_1280.jpg
250KB, 1280x1381px
Is Manic Pixie Nightmare Girl a parody? It's depicted pretty standard fair "SJW"-ness but I always feel like there's an underlying sarcasm to it.

Don't think it's "redpilled" or anything, I think it's message and disdain for transmisogyny is real but I feel like Jessica also depicts her character as more ridiculous than she really is.
>>
>>7414459
Isn't there one of these comics where Jessica's self-insert admits that she's a bad person?
>>
File: 1464661095365-pol.png (534KB, 995x967px) Image search: [Google]
1464661095365-pol.png
534KB, 995x967px
Not really imo. It is a special brand of crazy. Ex girlfriend labels herself that. She got diagnosed bipolar and has huge attachment issues. I think her (and other manic pixie nightmare girls) problem is that she cant get too close to someone without simultaneously: pushing them away to avoid being absorbed and lost in them, and pulling them closer to absorb them and become one.

Its a big ball of self loathing and very flawed ruminating/vicious cycle thinking patterns, just a mess imo close to borderline personality disorder. It seems simple to me, i think because i know her down to her bones, but to others she gives off that mystery pixie "i will swallow your soul while you thank me" vibe. Obviously that is an attractive self image to someone like that, who is horrified at the concept of the oblivion of their "real selves" - and now we are back to the vicious cycle: "i cant love myself or be loved, therefore i must become a collector of love".

t. reformed manic pixie nightmare girl chaser
>>
>>7414513
>chaser
>/pol/ image
Disregarded
>>
what the fuck is a manic pixie night whatever
>>
File: tumblr_o54u08VCYu1s92rato1_1280.jpg (529KB, 1280x1741px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_o54u08VCYu1s92rato1_1280.jpg
529KB, 1280x1741px
>>7414523
The webcomic that OP posted, ignore the other anons autism.
>>
>>7414459
It's a made-up term for fat ugly straight-but-ashamed-and-with-abstract-gender-identities SJWs who want to complain about men who won't fuck them use. Fairly new invention, like all SJW things it will be forgotten or itself problematic within 3 to 5 years.

It's questionable ammo for when they intrude on the hobbies of NEETs who might have low enough standards to fuck them and SCREECH about how their hobbies need to change and they're all evil misogynists, and even the most pathetic shut-in nerds themselves aren't quite low enough on the social totem pole to not tell them to fuck off.

"hurr i can't get dick because the evil men are waiting for the manic pixie dreamgirl I'm ironically trying and failing to be, this is the fantasy I think all men have because I think Scott Pilgrim is a handbook for nerdy-numale real life"

I was never so proud of my /v/ brothers as when they stubbornly blew the SJWs the fuck out for over a year straight, even when moot got compromised and exiled them for it. With the great fall of the SJWs from grace into a burning slag heap, there is hope for lesbians like me to emerge into the sunlight and be recognized as not the same thing or in any way associated with that bullshit. Now we just need to take all of the wounded vidya boys and gently introduce them to homosexuality so we can feel closer to them.
>>
File: IMG_4502.jpg (53KB, 347x590px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_4502.jpg
53KB, 347x590px
>>7414530
Video games are toys, not a hobby. Unless you're one of those retards that's like a model train hobbyist lmao
>>
>>7414513
Also i forgot to mention that the sjw shit is just like a natural progression of being literally insane. Being a professional victim (and victimizer to an extent, emotional abuse etc) is what the nightmare girls live for. I wouldnt say its specific to cis girls or trannies in particular, its just a sad thing that happens to people. In men i think it manifests more in aggressive ways just because testosterone. Those crazy dudes who keep tabs on their girlfriends 24/7, freak out that theyre cheating on him etc? The "if you leave me i will kill myself" type? Thats the same manic pixie shit IMO.
>>
>>7414521
Oh come on.
I don't care who you are or what your political convictions are, anyone who doesn't think this year's Republican primaries were a brutally hilarious shitshow has to be joking. I don't think even core bible-thumping republicans were able to take it seriously.
>>
File: 1421341366116.png (63KB, 263x343px) Image search: [Google]
1421341366116.png
63KB, 263x343px
>>7414513
>>7414530
>>7414538
>>7414544
Dude shut up.
>>
>>7414530
I like how you wrote an essay about something that doesn't even exist and is literally just the name of this comic.
>>
>>7414537
Hobbies are innately meant for entertainment.
You percieve games as toys because the Japanese marketed them that way in the US to get more people to buy them, because people buy things for their children that they wouldn't for themselves. A game is a movie but more involved and engaging. There's nothing mature about being an apathetic, detached, passive person.
>>
>>7414537
Categorically false.
>>
>>7414537
someone got really mad at me once for offhandedly calling a 3DS a toy

>It's a Portable Gaming System not a toooooy
>>
>>7414550
>everyone who points out what a shit person I am is one person
Persecutory delusions, the hallmark of advanced schizophrenia/SJWism.
Just wait until the messiah complex drops, you gonna be fucked up and in a world of dank then

>>7414551
I like how 200-word comments are impressive and intimidating to you, and how you go out of your way to play dumb and pretend things that SJWs always spam everywhere are "just this one thing guys totally not that the comic was based on this shitty meme, haha it's just a comic".
>>
File: IMG_4511.jpg (50KB, 490x640px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_4511.jpg
50KB, 490x640px
>>7414552
Hmm. Okay. Just make sure you pick up your toys when you're done with them, you're a big boy now. There's nothing mature about being an apathetic, detached, passive person.
>>
>>7414521
I saved that pic outside of pol i think, but yeah ive seen it there. Before i stopped repressing and decided to accept myself as a tranny, i lurked pol for the better part of this year. Just because i like it doesnt mean i cant be one of you guys... R-right?
>>
>>7414530
All of the /v/irgins are straight but pervs. Converting to homosexuality is a meme
>t. Bifag
>>
>>7414565
You're thinking of manic pixie dream girls, retard. The "meme" that has literally been around since Garden State.
>>
>>7414552
Hobby magazines used to be about building a radio at home, or how to work clay or a bird house. For some reasson people now call "hobbies" things that leave you literally with nothing more no matter how many hours you spend doing them.

Nothing to do with the comic. I mean, I guess drawing is generally a better thing to do with your free time, but not if you're doing this comic.
>>
>>7414567
>oh no I just realized I'm a mindless victim of marketing
>better double down on the snark
Stop making me glad Trump won baby

>>7414574
Sorry for your misfortune anon.
>>
>>7414623
your politics are determined by people being mean to you on 4chan?
>>
>>7414618
You could buy a better radio for less money than what you lose in time building it. You could buy a better birdhouse or clay vase.

You literally listed three actual "playing with toys" hobbies where you do something that seems constructive but is actually useless (like games), with the addition that you literally have to put away your toys (tools and supplies) when done with them. It's like doing real work on a toy scale. Like playing with toy trucks, very similar. But that's "respectable" and everyone wants a "mature" person who wants to do a stimulation-poor activity like build a birdhouse, while looking down on anyone who engages their mind in a game, again because that's how these things were marketed to you.

Watch less television.
>>
>>7414638
I'm not glad he won because of politics. I'm glad he won because it makes every brand of offended snippy blusterer analpained. I don't care what he actually does, as long as you all keep having meltdowns.
>>
>>7414594
Im >>7414513 but yeah retard is talking about the dream girl. I actually thought the manic pixie nightmare girl was another term/offshoot of the dream girl but im a dumbass who didnt realize that was the name of the comic. My ex is writing some big memoir type essay titled "manic pixie nightmare girl" so thats why I was confused.

Anyways the comic feels like a parody but it comes off very genuine and unironic, especially with in its preachy moments.
>>
>>7414623
Sorry for your AIDS, anon
>>
>>7414699
Who the fuck are you even bruh
Go back to your "hobbies"
>>
File: 1453305222097.png (121KB, 335x335px) Image search: [Google]
1453305222097.png
121KB, 335x335px
What the fuck happened here?
>>
>>7414649
That is retarded reason to support a politician.

Fucking hell, I wouldn't even care if the guy got your vote because you supported his views and policies, what I'm angry about is your nonchalant attitude on it all, like you're too fucking stupid to realise the man basically has at least partial control over one of, if not the most, powerful nation in the world, and will most likely make legislation that will, at least indirectly, alter your life.

And your reaction to this event, is being glad he was elected, because people are bitching about it.

Bravo! If Hillary Clinton encapsulates everything wrong with modern politicians, you are the best example of the faults with the modern voter.
>>
>>7414552
You're consuming entertainment, it's not a hobby. A hobby is about creating something, accomplishing something. You could consider speedrunning a hobby but just because you sat there and beat The Last of Us doesn't make you a hobbyist. Watching movies isn't a hobby either, it's a pass time.

When you get older you'll get it.
>>
>>7414550
Xer is right though
Thread posts: 32
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.