[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Anyone else come across this comic, "Assigned Male"

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 43
Thread images: 8

File: tumblr_nmc28k3d6c1rbr4keo1_1280.jpg (514KB, 1280x1704px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_nmc28k3d6c1rbr4keo1_1280.jpg
514KB, 1280x1704px
Anyone else come across this comic, "Assigned Male" before? It's basically a Mary Sue strip about a twelve year old tranny. The only other tranny girl I know's really into it, but I think it's fucking awful. Thoughts?
>>
Worst webcomic ever. Words can't describe how mind numbingly idiotic it is.
>>
>>7404397
It's a "gag-a-day" format with a really forced message and like 15 different tranny preteens.
>>
File: typical assigned male strip.png (41KB, 640x400px) Image search: [Google]
typical assigned male strip.png
41KB, 640x400px
>>7404384
No, I haven't.

What is it?
>>
>>7404397
It takes place in an alternate reality where most people are born with autism and dwarfism. The normal sized non-spectrum people act as their care givers and do their best not to agitate them by going along with whatever they say. Sometimes the normals slip up and say the wrong thing but it's usually the other little people starting conflict with each other. It's a weird concept and not well written but once the writer starts adding depth to the characters it could be interesting
>>
>>7404526
I feel you dude. I know it's been getting some flack on 4chan, but I really think it could be going somewhere. I for one am really looking forward to the mid season finale.
>>
They're twelve and they talk like college graduates. From a liberal arts college. Most readers think they are adults.
>>
>>7404384
I hate those fucking comics.
>>
>>7404384
Fuck off and lurk more newfag.
>>
>>7404384
i pretend to be a giant fan. i send the author fan mails and fan comments once in a while.

sometimes i get addicted to playing devils advocate and arguing why it is a "good comic" if you just get into the right mindset.

sometimes i get lost in the dream
>>
File: 290.jpg (202KB, 1238x1071px) Image search: [Google]
290.jpg
202KB, 1238x1071px
In memorium of fifth birthday
>>
>>7404384
I think the worst part of this comic is that the ideology espoused by it, is clearly not the author's own invention. It's regurgitation, just as it's impossible for a 12-year-old to actually espouse any of these beliefs, it's impossible for anyone to have actually come up with this shit on their own. Thus, the comic is not even a story, it is not an original creation, it is a mouthpiece, a regurgitation, it's propaganda. The characters, accordingly, are not actually characters, they are simply stand-ins for the author and the people in the author's life.

It is a hollow, empty non-story with nothing that even resembles a narrative or purpose. It cannot even be said that it serves to educate, because the author and their self-insert proudly proclaim that they have no responsibility to educate (whereas the hallmark of good fiction is that it manages to educate the reader and affect how they see themselves and the world around them, through storytelling rather than by soapboxing). Instead, this soapbox does not even pretend to do that: It is an empty podium, communicating nothing and achieving nothing. It is a waste of Labelle's time, and ultimately a waste of our time.
>>
>>7405171
You said regurgitation and espouse a lot

should switch up them vocabs if you want a solid essay there anon
>>
>>7405194
I said each of them twice, that would have been appropriate for an actual essay, it just seems excessive because it's literally just two paragraphs that I wrote on 4chan lol
>>
>>7405207
Good to see you laughing though :)
>>
>>7404384
It encourages non-binary shit and is therefore a threat to transsexuals.
>>
File: JLbA2ey.jpg (227KB, 1000x1415px) Image search: [Google]
JLbA2ey.jpg
227KB, 1000x1415px
>>7404384
It's a shitty comic about made up situations that never happened.

This edit sums it up.
>>
Fucking leftist with their shitty comics. Also they should leave the children alone.
Fuck you, LGBT people are just people, not some strange animals in danger of extinction that you need to protect and propagate. Leftists should just respect us instead of "convert" children who has no idea what sex is. Now they are trying to spread this masterpiece of propaganda "autistic children act like that because they are trans people with gender dysphoria". Because of these crazy college liberals lots of normies think that these stupids represent us.
>>
It forces the author's viewpoints into every panel so crudely that it feels like satire; unfortunately I don't think it is.
>>
File: 1432663335054.png (289KB, 745x378px) Image search: [Google]
1432663335054.png
289KB, 745x378px
>>7404896
The endgame is to "smash the patriarchy" or some other generic nonsense. There's not a lot to these comics and they're all just badly thought out, poorly written, and sometimes seem like it was written by /pol/ as a parody
>>
>>7406386
No one is trying to "convert" children to being trans. You're just projecting your own ideology onto other people, under the guise of "protecting children" you're destroying their lives by forcing them to be cis even if the consequence is death.
>>
>>7408331
>forcing them to be cis
There is no such thing. What they are doing is denying them treatment. Like denying children insulin shots but with death only being likely instead of guaranteed.
>>
>>7408654
I'd never thought of it that way, that's actually kinda an important rhetorical distinction.
>>
>>7408664
You never talk about forcing someone to be straight. You can force them to marry a woman but a gay person is still gay. Same with trannies. They are trans even if they don't transition. In fact a few people even argue that you stop being trans after your gender dysphoria goes away with treatment.
>>
File: image.jpg (155KB, 488x618px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
155KB, 488x618px
>>7408654
> implying this makes death """"""likely""""""
Oy vey
>>
>>7404384
why would you post that one? thats like the only comic that actually is reasonable
>>
>>7404384
> but I think it's fucking awful
its beyond being fucking awful, its also propaganda
steven universe is propaganda too but at least its pretty good (sometimes, you just have to avoid thinking about it)
>>
>>7404384
We all hate it super bad
>>
>>7404384
OP image seems smug and disgusting as hell. Seen too many instances where SJWs screech at people similar things when it looks like they honestly might have a ready ear. And from there you can get productive talk.
>>
I like Sophie and absolutely don't think she deserves all the vitriol that she gets from losers with nothing better to do than harass a stranger on the internet, but the tone of the comic is almost always preachy and it will never appeal to anyone who doesn't already agree with its message. Also it's kind of weird that all the characters are grade schoolers going on dates and talking about penises and vulvas.
>>
File: LOL.jpg (18KB, 751x442px) Image search: [Google]
LOL.jpg
18KB, 751x442px
>>7412312
how about this one: FAGGOT
>>
>>7412854
Like absolutely everything in assigned male there is a vague correct notion that could make sense if it didn't come off like a huge bitch.
In this case, sometimes people have things to do in their lives. I think most trannies that aren't terribly shy would try to share their point of view when they can, but it's not putting food on their table and you can't expect them to be always in the right mood to have a discussion just like any other person.
People who defend AM focus on this baselines and ignore that the presentation makes you want to punch her in the face.
>>
>>7410962
Propaganda isn't inherently bad.
>>
>>7404384
sometimes it's the worse thing ever
sometimes it's actually super relatable

either way I wish the author the best
>>
>>7413803
that's pretty much how I feel about it as a trans guy.
Sometimes it's so good, othertimes, it's like stop you're making everyone think we're super preachy and terrible
>>
>>7404384
The hideous artstyle alone tells me this is an individual that needs to take a long walk off a short peer.
>>
>>7414250
Any examples of when it's "so good"? Just curious, I've only ever seen the horrible ones and edits (although the one in OP doesn't seem so bad)
>>
>>7414307
I don't actually read it that much, but my friend who is kind of an SJW but not super bitchy about it, shares panels from it and sometimes they make sense, and other times they're bullshit
>>
>>7414307
usually when it's talking about dysphoria and not gender politics
>>
Well let me write a quick review here on /lbgt/ about this comic. I'm bisexual by the way, just in case some people were wondering.

The webcomic "Assigned Male" is a somewhat earthy but ultimately pretentious webcomic about the enlightened 11 year old trans-girl renamed Stephanie or Stephie as she is often called. Stephie has family and friends who accept her trans-choice, but also has family that begrudgingly live with her choice. She is generally a somewhat happy child in a two-parent household.

The truth of this comic is that it is basically a self insert comic for the creator Sophie LaBelle who is a trans-woman herself. Through Stephie, Sophie spews trans agenda and trans acceptance rhetoric. So there is something of a Calvin and Hobbes effect with the character where Stephie spews rhetoric that only someone in their 20's to late 40's would even know, much like Calvin in Calvin and Hobbes does on occasion. Unfortunately this is nigh constant in Assigned Male, and quickly becomes annoying to read since the only thing Stephie is good for is reminding those of us who are "cis-gendered" that we need to respect, accept, and even help propagate her ideas. And how cruel the real world is in the fact that it often doesn't respect who or what she is.

The comic is wordy, verbose, and lacking in any real substance other then transsexual rhetoric, and soapbox preachiness that dulls the senses over time. The art style literally makes every child in the comic into a gender-less, but cute, asexual blob that reminds me of cross-dressing or bishonen style characters often seen in cross dressing shota/lolita dojins, only the adults actually look like they have a gender.

(continued)
>>
>>7415835 (cont.)
Every storyline that does eventually pop up is literally Stephie being put upon by the mean cis-world and made to feel bad when someone asks her why she just can't simply be her born gender or doesn't use the pronouns that she has assigned to herself. Often this drama ends with a hug and reassurance from her mother that everything will be okay and one day people will understand. The reality of Stephie/Sophie is that she has no real desire to transition, and has in all truth embraced the confusing world of the non-binary, gender choice crowd that now saturates Tumblr with its confusing and often emotionally unstable rhetoric.

And yet Stephie/Sophie also remind the reader that being trans or non-binary gendered is not a choice but something natural at birth, but then turn around and have the other trans characters constantly make choices about how they wish to be addressed, how they dress, and how they speak, and how they expect others to just blindly accept their choices. This shows the true message of the comic.

In other words the comic becomes a confusing morass which uses child characters to lull you into accepting Sophie's point of view of the world and being trans, and not much else. Sadly I cannot say this comic could be better because of the topic and how it is presented it can never be any better. 3/10
>>
>>7415835
>wordy, verbose
>being redundant in describing something as overly wordy
sorry to nit-pick but wew, that's what I call ironing
>>
>>7406336
I would not going camping w/ this bitch. She can't shut the fuck up and would have to ditch the body in the woods somewhere
Thread posts: 43
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.