[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why are LGBT people afraid of the Trump presidency? Is it Pence

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 70
Thread images: 12

File: 1471023163410.cached.jpg (369KB, 1763x1175px) Image search: [Google]
1471023163410.cached.jpg
369KB, 1763x1175px
Why are LGBT people afraid of the Trump presidency? Is it Pence specifically? Do they really expect a Gestapo-like door-to-door search to hunt down and exterminate them?
>>
>>7392942
I'm not afraid, Trump even said he's ok with gay marriage
>>
>>7392942
>Why are LGBT people afraid of the Trump presidency?
Most, at least on here, are not afraid but a little cautious. The president doesn't have that much power so his views in LGBT, which seem to keep switching, are not that much of a threat.
> Is it Pence specifically?
Yes but the VP has even less power. He's open, unapologetic, and has physically harmful solutions to what he considers an issue
>Do they really expect a Gestapo-like door-to-door search to hunt down and exterminate them?
If you do manage to find someone who believes this they will probably grow out of it after they finish highschool
>>
>>7392942
because the affordable care act getting repealed means insurance companies are allowed to discriminate against transgender health care. the upkeep cost of transition can be expensive out of pocket without support from insurance. being poor and living pay check to pay check this could set my quality of living back a lot.
>>
>>7392973
>If you do manage to find someone who believes this they will probably grow out of it after they finish highschool
I'm asking because, this morning, I overheard a woman talk about how she was up until 5 AM consoling her son (who I later learned was 23 and gay) who was still upset about the Trump win. My gut reaction was "what a pussy!" but that offended the people I was with, so I wasn't able to learn what he was so upset about.
Good to know I'm not alone on that reaction.
>>
I'm afraid of religious "liberty" laws that allow discrimination against gays in schools, hospitals, restaurants, and other goods and services because it violates their religious beliefs. Shit like that will not only legalize restricting services to gays, but assholes in schools can get away with bullying gays because they're just expressing their freedom of speech about their religious convictions.
>>
>>7393006
He may have just scared himself into thinking all his rights are going to be stripped away because Trump has an elephant on his pin. A lot of people here in America tend to forget how little our government cares about things beyond war, tax collection, and making the party not in control look like idiots through slander and fear mongering
>>
>>7392942
The problem isn't really Donald Trump himself. Rather it is: 1) most of his Cabinet picks, who expressed anti-LGBT views in the past, 2) his potential Supreme Court nominees, some who pledged to overturn both gay marriage and Roe v. Wade, 3) the people who are advising him like Stephen Bannon, 4) the GOP majorities in both houses of Congress, a party that still has an anti-LGBT agenda in its most recent party platform and will likely be writing federal policy in conjunction with a Trump administration for the next 4 to 8 years in the foreseeable future, and 5) the thousands of common bigots scattered across America who now feel empowered and even bold enough to physically attack any LGBT victims they can get their hands on. VP Pence isn't the only thing to worry about. However it's a bit stupid that /lgbt/ only focuses on him, rather than looking at the bigger picture.
>>
>>7393039
This. From a party that whines so much about safe spaces and SJWs, conservacucks are the most sensitive and triggerable people in America.
>>
>>7393039
Part of me wants it to happen so I can contest it in court. I want to see what part of the bible they think says to not serve sinners. If we make laws regarding religion then we have to regulate religion and no one wants that.
>>
So wouldn't religious freedom laws have to then also serve groups like scientologists and satanists? People in support of it don't seem to realize it's kind of an all or nothing type of deal
>>
>>7393002
Tbh, if you're transgender from birth, wouldn't it count as a pre-existing condition? I mean, you can't just get cancer and THEN get insurance, that'd be crazy. Maybe you can get insurance after having cancer, but they won't just cover it all for you, that's not how it works.

The whole idea of insurance is that you're making a bet with them. You're betting on "I'll get sick" and they're betting on "No, you're not". It's unfair for you to come while being sick and then just grab all their money.

I mean, outright denying coverage should definitely be illegal, but they should also be able to NOT cover all the costs of the problem you had since before you contracted them, just letting the insurance work for everything else.

If this was a public, "free" health care, then sure, transgenderism should definitely be covered. But that's not how insurance should work and it's simply evil to force it to work like this.
>>
LGBT people are not against trump. You are thinking of cis het white women who like to claim to be gender queer non binary and then speak for us and police us.
>>
>>7393400
I'm not against trump per se but his cabinet picks have been really sketchy so far
>>
>>7393318
aca also forced insurance companies to cover people with pre-existing conditions. the idea being that if you had insurance and lost it for whatever reason you would never effectively be able to get coverage again because what insurance company wouldnt want to cover a known liability like that. so even if you're considered transgender from birth and it's thereby a pre-existing condition you would still receive coverage. it's not the same as cancer. it's more inline with a mental health disorder like say being bipolar or depressed. honestly that's really what being transgender is, a mental health disorder. it was taken out of the dsm5 though because of people that get all butt hurt about it being a mental disorder. for all intents and purposes you can be a relatively well adjusted individual and be transgender. not that all are. generally, the diy'ers are far from it.

the important part of aca is making it so insurance companies cant discriminate against transgender clients in that they are forced to provide coverage. before i had to have my endocrinologist file for hormones for me under an endocrine disorder. now they just file it as gender identity disorder. before my insurance wouldnt cover an orchiectomy or grs. currently they are forced to. there's a lot of hoops the insurance company will make you jump through, but they'll cover it. sometimes it means going to the instate surgeon rather than some meme surgeon like mcginn, but it gets covered. the past two years i've been getting lupron depot injections. everytime it is a battle with the insurance company to get authorization. this is a med that would be 10k$usd out if pocket, roughly. that's incredibly unreasonable for someone that lives in poverty. it gets covered though because of aca.
>>
File: best-tears3.png (123KB, 498x698px) Image search: [Google]
best-tears3.png
123KB, 498x698px
>>7392942
they embraced liberal culture and the cognitive dissonance/fearmongering that comes with it
aka: they're fuckin idiots
>>
>>7393318
tell that my insurance, any type of HRT (test or est) is not on the formulary.
>>
File: IMG_0803.jpg (682KB, 935x1404px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0803.jpg
682KB, 935x1404px
Something about this guy... what's his name again?
>>
>>7393854
Mike "BURN THE GAYS NOW REEEEEEEEEEEEEE " Pence
>>
>>7392942

He clearly supports lgbtq rights. Isn't that why he wants to enact strict Muslim immigration policies?
>>
File: guE7LX0.png (51KB, 657x527px) Image search: [Google]
guE7LX0.png
51KB, 657x527px
>>7393932
???
>>
File: yTfi4MMC_400x400.jpg (10KB, 367x367px) Image search: [Google]
yTfi4MMC_400x400.jpg
10KB, 367x367px
>>7393932
that makes no fucking sense buddy.

these explain why Trump's presidency is potentially bad news for LGBT people
>>7393050
>>
>>7393932
Great! That leaves the Americans already here to pass judgement that can seriously affect lgbt lives.

"Be grateful you're alive" is not pro-lgbt.
>>
>>7393965
Dude 70% of muslim immigrants want to implement sharia law into the US government. That means executing gays in the name of allah. Nice try, globalist cuckboy
>>
>>7394130
where the fuck did you get that number from? I live in a largely muslim neighborhood and they don't give two halves of a shit about executing gay people, let alone forcing Sharia (it already means law so you don't need to say Sharia law dumbass) onto others. Get the fuck outta here with this right-wing alarmist bullshit
>>
File: IMG_8155.png (23KB, 290x778px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_8155.png
23KB, 290x778px
>>7394143
http://www.pewresearch.org/fact-tank/2016/07/22/muslims-and-islam-key-findings-in-the-u-s-and-around-the-world/
>>
>>7394143
>>7394159
It's funny how no one ever mentions the massive amount of rape being committed by muslim immigrants in Sweden.
>>
>>7394159
not seeing the statistics on US Muslims wanting Sharia. If anything, the link you sent indicates that US Muslims are against the actions of extremists.

>>7394184
source?
>>
>>7394143
But for real though, the United States was an oppressive hellhole for anyone who wasn't a god fearing white christian man 200 years ago. Look how far we have come. Same thing can happen with the Middle East.
>>
>>7394189
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rape_in_Sweden
>>
>>7394189
http://www.wnd.com/2016/03/swedish-rape-crisis-boils-over-as-media-stays-silent/
>>
>>7394196
That says Sweden hasn't released statistics about rape committed by immigrants since the 1990s, and that's all it has to say on the matter

>>7394205
that only provides anecdotal evidence with no statistical backing
>>
>>7394189
US born Muslims probably don't want sharia. I believe you asked proof for Muslim immigrants coming to the US that wanted sharia, which is what I showed in that statistic picture. Get a mean for a certain region and I'm sure it's close to 70%. Most Muslims who want sharia probably live in Middle East/Africa and have never tasted freedom like the US and are indoctrinated into hatred for all that we believe in. The proof is in European countries that have welcomed Muslim "refugees". There's not much assimilation and plenty of barbarism. Now, idk how inflated the media has made this problem but it really sends a message that a smooth transition isn't going to be easy.
>>
>>7394227
>I live in a largely muslim neighborhood and they don't give two halves of a shit about executing gay people
By your own logic, anecdotal evidence is fine
>>
>>7394227
nah, they stopped much more recently than that & only because it showed that 99% of the rape & crime was caused by you know whos.

stop being an SJW & accept the red pill
>>
>>7394267
Agreed!
>>
>>7393400
kek
>>
>>7394292
dis-agreed
>>
>>7392942
>MY THREAD IS A STRAWMAN AND I'M PROUD OF IT

Either fucking kill yourself or learn to have a discussion. This shit-tier leading question bait bullcock has got to go.
>>
>>7394422
This tbqh
>>
>>7393130
I have spoke to plenty of these people that think the only religion in america is christianity and if religious laws are made they will be for christians only.
>>
The only people that starts to bash are the evangelicals evangelicals. They will do it regardless who sits in the office. Pence also has no power whatsoever.
>>
>>7392942
I work with libtards every day. I'm amazed they are adults. Yeah, they all wear safety pins and that stupid bullshit. They are all "in fear for their lives" now......

I hate these people.

>>7393002
ACA was a huge mistake and fucked over everyone who had their own insurance.

>>7393054
Bullshit. Libtard are the easiest to trigger. All I has to say was "I didn't vote for Hillary" and immediately lost two work acquaintances that will no longer talk to me.

>>7393426
Are you insane? His cabinet has been awesome. Mattis for SECDEF? I couldn't ask for a better option.

>>7394422
>I SHOUTED A FALLACY, THEREFOR I WIN THE ARGUMENT

You have to have a counterargument, dumbass.
>>
File: trash.jpg (77KB, 680x680px) Image search: [Google]
trash.jpg
77KB, 680x680px
>>7394694
>His cabinet has been awesome
>>
>>7394878
>Insults an opinion
>Doesnt give an opinion
>>
>>7392942

I'm LGBT and voted for Trump in the primaries and in the election. Definitely not afraid. Of course, I'm also not a retarded teenager.
>>
Well he already pissed of China by being a whiny cunt and bitching on twitter. It could not be more obvious that he has Narcissistic Personality Disorder or something. His tax plan is also almost identical to the Bush era tax plan with huge corporate tax cuts, so we can expect an economic downfall in not too long. I don't give a fuck about his stupid social beliefs, I care about his lack of ability to run a country and I think the stupid drama distracts from what's important.
>>
>>7394694
Mattis is great, and a sane counterpoint to Flynn. Aside from the billionaires who I don't really know enough about, the sticking points for me are Jeff Sessions and Rice Prius, who seem to be very much the republican establishment given form.
>>
>>7394694
>ACA was a huge mistake and fucked over everyone who had their own insurance.

How so? I had insurance beforehand and I saved a fuck ton of money by switching to gov healthcare. Would you rather that people with preexisting conditions just die because insurance companies are allowed to discriminate against them?
Scott Pruitt as head of the EPA doesn't bother you?
Also, I wouldn't be talking to you either. Anyone who voted for Trump legit has to be fucking retarded.
>>
>>7393054
This is so true. They flip out if you make a joke about white men or Christians or something. They want to be able to fling as much shit as they want without anyone else being allowed to fling it back at them.
>>
>>7394694
it may have been for a bracket of people, but for trans people it was a godsend. now i have to worry that what they'll replace it with will conveniently forget about me as the majority in power dont necessarily care about trans people.
>>
>>7394981
I had insurance too, that I built myself. A plan I had constructed for my own personal health issues, you know, like any other adult. I went from $200 a month to $650 a month. Thanks Obamacare!

Oh, and the ACA is a cookie cutter bullshit plan that provides the lowest tier of healthcare.
>>
File: 1420338821212.jpg (136KB, 651x489px) Image search: [Google]
1420338821212.jpg
136KB, 651x489px
>>7392942
we're not
"allies" are
>>
File: 1478432710704.jpg (26KB, 246x395px) Image search: [Google]
1478432710704.jpg
26KB, 246x395px
>>7392942
No, but we can hope, OP.
>>
>>7394193
Baby steps.
wow so impressive
>>
>>7395164
sucks to be you. i pay 320$/month currently and it covers everything i need it to cover. then again i only gross 1200$/month so it's still a large percentage of my income. that's what healthcare should be though: a percentage of your income. idk what 650 is to you in terms of your overall income. it really depends what bracket you fall into and if you make too much money to be denied obamacare. if you make too much to be denied obamacare then 650 seems reasonable.
>>
>>7395140
Why should they?

So far you've done nothing but scream for a medical system that would ruin their bank accounts or not give them the care THEY may need. You are the minority.
>>
>>7395405
No, it isn't. It's not "reasonable" the jack up someones already selected healthcare because YOUR system is a failure. Then if you DONT pay into the Obama care scheme, you get fined into the fucking ground. It's a fucking rip off, just Obama with his hands even deeper in my pockets.
>>
>a Gestapo-like door-to-door search to hunt down and exterminate them?
Yes daddy, pls
>>
>>7395730
why should they what? why should healthcare cover the costs if transition? why should premiums go up? why should people be forced to pay for coverage they dont think they'll need? why would they not receive the care they need?
>>7395739
premiums will continually rise because the healthcare field as a whole is a privatized for profit industry. if you get sick or you're dying what are you going to do, not go to the doctor and die? the idea of socialized medicine is taboo. as you incorporate people of lower income brackets to the system someone has to cover the discrepency, that means premiums going up, and people dont like the idea of having to pay more for the same services. the reason the state insurance sucks is because you arent paying for it so you receive the bare minimum and part of that means having insanely high deductibles. again this comes back to medicine being for profit. companies only care about their profits. they care only about uninhibitted exponential growth. so that sucks that the industry capitalized on people being forced into buying coverage, but at a certain point as a consumer you have to think about the cost effectiveness of buying into the current system vs just paying the fine. 650/month is effectively 7800/year. so if you're relatively healthy and dont use / need coverage, at what point do you just accept paying the fine (2.5% of your income or 695 for the year, whichever is higher). the fine is part of what pays for obamacare to insure those of lower income brackets (a step towards socialized medicine). going without health insurance is deemed crazy though because what if you get sick. the cost of medicine out of pocket can be bankrupting. as a whole, healthcare shouldnt be treated as a business. it shouldnt be privatized or for profit as it undermines the level of care patients receive.
>>
>>7394422
>>7394694
Low energy, low effort posts like this do not deserve my genius.

Eat my double dubs, and suck on my feminine balls, you piece of shit
>>
I really don't know. It must be insecurity or some kind of irrational fear they have against him.I have no problem with Trump, I work in his Hotel for 15 years now.
Trump is much better in person then media shows his to be.
>>
>>7393318
>it's evil to expect health providers to save people's lives

please for the love of all that is good and pure in this world smear your fucking brains on the wall you idiot
>>
>>7394189
>source
Spend a week in Malmö (not a fancy spa hotel tho)
>>
>>7403476
Did you get raped by Muslims?
>>
fuck all of you
>>
>>7393006
He probably should stop reading salon and visiting tumblr.
>>
>>7394130
>Dude 70% of muslim immigrants want to implement sharia law into the US government.
[citation needed]

>>7394159
People mention it all the time. What they neglect to mention is that they recently adopted a broader definition of rape, making looking at the rape rate over time pretty meaningless.

>>7394205
>wingnut daily

>>7394279
>nah, they stopped much more recently than that & only because it showed that 99% of the rape & crime was caused by you know whos.
[citation needed]

>stop being an SJW & accept the red pill
Nah, since "the red pill" stopped being about accepting reality and is now all about "i'm a big baby that has to blame everything on scawwy bwown people".

>>7394694
>ACA was a huge mistake and fucked over everyone who had their own insurance.
Yeah well, too bad for them. Better to mildly inconvenience those who are fairly well-off if it means the truly desperate have a chance.

>Bullshit. Libtard are the easiest to trigger. All I has to say was "I didn't vote for Hillary" and immediately lost two work acquaintances that will no longer talk to me.
LEL you just got triggered super hard after someone called conservacucks sensitive
>>
File: lgbtq-for-trump-tshirt-x750.jpg (43KB, 750x563px) Image search: [Google]
lgbtq-for-trump-tshirt-x750.jpg
43KB, 750x563px
>>7392942
>not showing your trump pride and your queer pride at the same time
>>
>>7392942

FADA

just FADA

which he promised to sign
Thread posts: 70
Thread images: 12

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.