[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Do FTMs experience have male privilege, or is their rapid acceptance

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 5

File: bjork_one.jpg (210KB, 1000x1205px) Image search: [Google]
bjork_one.jpg
210KB, 1000x1205px
Do FTMs experience have male privilege, or is their rapid acceptance into the male community emblematic of female privilege? What are the opinions of FTMs and MTFs here on the concepts of female and male privilege?
>>
Stop making this thread every three days
>>
>>7340986
If ftm's look like guys then they get accepted as guys unless they are flaming morons with purple hair

Male privilege doesn't exist

Sage
>>
>>7340993
last one was made 2 months ago
>>
>>7341013
>Male privilege doesn't exist

t. White male
>>
>>7340986
Obligatory
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ip7kP_dd6LU&t
>>
female privilege is a meme.

and if they pass ftms get male privilege.
>>
File: 1406262353331.jpg (16KB, 285x302px) Image search: [Google]
1406262353331.jpg
16KB, 285x302px
>>7341813
>female privilege is a meme.
>>
>>7340986
>their rapid acceptance into the male community
hahahahahahahaha i wish

i've lived in complete isolation since transitioning

maybe if i moved out of the south
>>
File: 1480134657550.jpg (161KB, 960x850px) Image search: [Google]
1480134657550.jpg
161KB, 960x850px
>>7340986
>Male
>Privilege
One is a gender, the other is your social status rank.
>>
>>7340986
Male privilege isn't real so no
They don't get female privelige however
>>
Every ftm I've ever met is a fucking fake. They aren't masculine at all. They're afraid, anxious messes that are hypocritical anti-male sexists. I swear if I told them to man up any time they complain about how hard life is or how their 'anxiety' makes it impossible for them to do something they'd just start crying like a little bitch. I think call themselves 'guys' so that men will stop hitting on them.
>>
Yeah it's an interesting experience for guys to treat me one way when they think I'm a girl and treat me another way when they think I'm a guy.
>>
ftm here

So like, skirting around the issue of whether privilege is a thing or not it's pretty undeniable that *most* of us do indeed end up treated as men with relative ease. There is no equivalent movement of manchildren screeching about how we "invade" their spaces like radfem harpies do to trans women. Cis men seem pretty glad to have more company from what I've seen, honestly.

That said, socialization is definitely A Thing and I think the standards imposed on men are extremely difficult to adjust to for those of us accustomed to being treated like women. The emotional expressiveness that was sometimes outright celebrated in single-gendered parts of our life when we were perceived as women suddenly becomes a liability or a glaring character flaw. There is less room overall for our self-expression. Our behavior is scrutinized more harshly by women, which seems unfair when our backgrounds are almost identical to most women's backgrounds.

So I am not about to fault trans men for struggling with it and becoming defensive at the idea of gendered privileges, unless they're still clinging to women's spaces while very obviously spending the rest of their time as a man, or something.
>>
>>7347466
not fair really

being alpha is hard for most real men

all mtfs have to do is act like a stupid helpless bitch
>>
>>7347514
>treat me another way when they think I'm a guy.

suddenly gaining dat male privelige, right?
>>
>>7353939
I get called "buddy" a lot by fellow guys and they trust my judgment and don't bother me, instead of (when I appeared as a girl) insisting on doing everything for me and second-guessing me. I'm still getting used to not getting any help when lifting something that looks heavy or something breaks and guys are supposed to magically know how to fix it.

Funny enough, I only get clocked by women nowadays, so they act all familiar with me. In the case of not being clocked, they act kind of motherly towards me since the current progress in my transition really betrays my age.
>>
>>7350891
>being alpha is hard for most real men
It's a really easy mentality to adopt, just so long as you can back it up with presence. T is fucking insane.

>all mtfs have to do is act like a stupid helpless bitch

This is partially true, but that's not as easy as it sounds. It means that being outspoken is verboten; equivalent to a beta male

>>7353956
>something breaks and guys magically know how to fix it.
ftfy
I don't do T anymore and I can't fix fucking anything anymore. On the plus side I can magically tell what guys would be most likely harass or assault me for being a degenerate tranny
>>
>>7350891
Not being a mess who got used to special treatment and now cant get their shit together and whines about evil men is not "being alpha", its being a typical entitled and pampered woman.

Having said that I knew one(1) FtM who was manly af even on no mones and earned respect and treatment as equal among guys, tho everyone got really confused at first.
Also knew a butch dike who was much more of a man than these transtrenders fake FtMs, and she was a total bro too, surprising for a lesbian.

Now I work with one tomboy who insists that shes a boy but really there is nothing different about her and average woman, besides superficial appearance.
>>
>>7347466
>>7350891
>>7358636
This really pisses me off. FTMs thinking and acting like women while claiming to be men is the reason I put off my transition for so long. I assumed I was probably being just as fake as they are.

It's such a female mentality that they don't even see it. It's the same mentality that results in women acting like they know everything men and the male psyche. At least MTFs are away of their lack of knowledge about women's behaviour and thought processes 80% of the time. FTMs continue the female thought process that they can act however the fuck they want and calling people "dude" makes them a man.

It's fucking disgusting.

>being alpha is hard for most real men
It's not about how hard being alpha is, it's the fact that the vast majority strive to be an alpha type. So much so that one who doesn't is seen as some kind of deviant to be avoided.

These girls don't even try, and that's the reason they aren't accepted into male social circles.
>>
>>7358418
>I don't do T anymore and I can't fix fucking anything anymore
It's a silly nonsense stereotype. Societal expectations of men doing everything and women getting everything done for them - thats what it is.
But you just need to have an attitude to do things yourself, instead of hoping some one else would come and do it for you and get used to it. That's how my mom has always been (to the point she wont let others do it). And many other older generation women who have to rely on themselves.
On the other hand there are enough men who are totally at loss facing any technical difficulties they are not familiar with.
Nothing to do with hormones and everything with personality and gender stereotypes.
>>
>>7340986
>male privilege
You don't just get privilege of your a male or a female, you get it from the situation you are born into.
>>
>>7347466
> Every ftm I've ever met is a fucking fake. They aren't masculine at all.
> I swear if I told them to man up any time they complain about how hard life is or how their 'anxiety' makes it impossible for them to do something they'd just start crying like a little bitch.
So they're basically 4chan betas?
>>
File: 1475366294938.png (169KB, 500x314px) Image search: [Google]
1475366294938.png
169KB, 500x314px
Females who dont act like pissy, prissy women are my favorite people
>>
File: 2485RamirezDoEverything309.jpg (76KB, 407x405px) Image search: [Google]
2485RamirezDoEverything309.jpg
76KB, 407x405px
>>7358689
>FTMs thinking and acting like women while claiming to be men is the reason I put off my transition for so long

You dont have to put it off cause some others are acting inadequate, as I've said there *are* different types. You might struggle to change your mentality and get confidence at first but it's possible even for a girl on no T.

And its absolutely true that men are more competitive and harsh in social situations too, you have to earn respect, you need to learn to take a jab and bounce back. I struggle to do it myself having sensitive non-manly personality (realgirl brain lol) but I had learned it through the social experience of childhood and youth, which genetic girls typically lack.
>>
>>7358693
that's the joke, famn
>>
>>7340986
male and female privilege are not real.

it is not a privilege if you are treated differently based on your sex or race, rather a cultural norm (usually a misguided one).

Anyone who tells you otherwise is out of touch with reality.

t. pragmatist mtf
>>
>>7342285
>gender has no net effect on your social status
wew

>>7358418
>It's a really easy mentality to adopt, just so long as you can back it up with presence. T is fucking insane.
Most cis guys have the same level of T as trans men, but that doesn't stop them from being beta.
Thread posts: 28
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.