[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

hey friends, I'm a starting trans and I REALLY need to train

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 1

File: 61XKwehWjnL._UL1500_.jpg (230KB, 1500x1500px) Image search: [Google]
61XKwehWjnL._UL1500_.jpg
230KB, 1500x1500px
hey friends, I'm a starting trans and I REALLY need to train my waist, how do you do it? I'm pretty new to all of this but I really need this to feel more comfortable wearing clothes
>>
>>7333391
Well those latex ones certainly won't. Plus they're kind of dangerous since they unevenly apply pressure.

For waist training if you aren't willing to sew your own corsets it's about $1000- $2000/yr. You'll want two corsets since generally you can't wash them very often so you chuck one in the freezer every other day to get rid of bacteria. A corset worn for waist training will last like 1 to 2 years usually.
Make sure when you order corsets you follow guides on how to measure yourself for males since your waistline is in a different location than cis women's.

It's a lot better if you learn to sew your own. You know your body a lot better than a corsetiere will just from measurements. I haven't seen too many people into waist training that don't sew their own corsets, unless they're a professional model that get them for free.
>>
>>7333602
thank you for your kind reply, how can I make my own? I'd really like to get into crafting my own things
>>
>>7333602

>since your waistline is in a different location than cis women's

I found out about that yesterday. I was reading a site comparing the differences between male and female skeletons was that the rib cage drops down further, or is longer than a female rib cage. My first thought was, "So rib removal surgery IS necessary."
>>
>>7333391
you can't you fucking retard. suck it up.
>>
>>7333644
i did think about that too, do you know if its dangerus and expensive?
>>
>>7333628
Well there's books on it and such I suppose.

It's a lot easier if you have experience with 3D modelling since basically half the battle is just producing your pattern which is an unfolded elliptical cylinder pinched in the center, which is a hyperboloid. Older corsets used different shapes though. For modern corsets there's a few variations as well, but they mostly all follow a hyperboloid-like shape.
I guess the "official" way to do patterns is by hand but personally I just used Inventor and Autocad and touched it up in photoshop since I'm not a very artsy person, I'm pretty technical/scientific minded I guess lol
For modern corsets typically the back and front are completely straight and only the sides are brought in. So on your pattern you'd have the greatest reduction directly on the sides and taper the reduction outward until it reaches zero at the front and back. Some people with natural lordosis use a curved back though, which is what an S-Curve corset is, but those are unhealthy for people without lordosis.

I'm pretty new to doing it myself though, but I just kind of dived in and started sewing stuff. I went through quite a few pattern variations and sewing techniques before I actually figured out how to do it. I'd recommend just lookup guides on sewing curved surfaces, how to use fabric interfacing, and types of stitches and whatnot. I guess it depends how new you are to sewing. Personally I'm not an expert at it but I already knew about stitch types and have had sewing experience before, and I knew all about curved sewing and a bit about patterning.
>>
>>7333747
what do you think about this
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0GT7ah8SX44
>>
>>7333830
Doesn't look like it has any boning or anything. Generally for waist training you need quite a bit of boning and a pretty sturdy corset.

I would stick with what is known to work. Try to stick to around 28-40 bones and 3 or 4-layer corsets. Generally other styles are not structurally strong enough for waist training.
The shape is also important. Like those corsets on amazon might be 28ish bones but their shape is not correct so you'll at best get 2-inches out of them.
>>
>>7333944

How much can you expect to take off your waist and how much have you managed so far?
>>
>>7333964
You can go down as much as you want pretty much if you do it correctly. That's the entire point of waist training lol
I guess limitations wise I believe the smallest anyone has ever achieved is a 13-inch waist.

I haven't done it a lot. I've used quite a few corsets off amazon and one from orchard corsets but the best I could do with those was probably like 3-inches.
I made a really crappy corset that held up for a bit and right off the bat it fit like 1000x better than all the other ones I've bought, some I paid like $200-$300 for and I made my crappy corset for like $40 with walmart fabric lol
It ended up falling apart cause I only did 2-layers and didn't put the grommets in properly.

I'm making another one right now but I've been so busy I haven't had time to finish it in like months now.... I would like to finish it though because I really want to get rid of my barrel chest. The off-the-rack ones didn't seem to have the correct rib-cage shape and the one I designed before was an hourglass shape so it didn't bring in the ribs much.
The one I'm making now is a conical corset so I can get rid of barrel chest.
>>
>>7333728

Well, my concern is that it leaves the kidneys exposed.
>>
>>7334053
ah yeh that can be dangerus, but i guess they have some trick up their sleeves, ohwell.... I have plans to get my ribcage smaller
>>
>>7333696
yes you can. waist training is real, though its bad for you. not that op cares.

just watch youtubes about it, op. 4chan doesnt know the answer
>>
>>7333391
Lose weight and get on HRT.
>>
>>7333602
>Make sure when you order corsets you follow guides on how to measure yourself for males since your waistline is in a different location than cis women's.

But if you want your waist to have a certain silllouete, don't you need to wear a corset that forces your bones into that shape?
And where does one even find a male fitting corset that gives your waist a feminine taper?
>>
>>7343653
No that's unhealthy to do. You should never put pressure on your body where your natural waistline is not. You'll end up pinching your intestines or stomach in horrible ways and could end up in the hospital.
You won't find off-the-rack corsets for men/mtf's anywhere. You'll need to find a corsetierre and ask them to make you one which is usually around $500- $2000/corset. Or you just make one yourself, which will cost about $20- $100.
Making your waistline with a 1" difference is not what makes a corset become unfeminine. Men's corsets tend to be boxy and don't reduce the waist much but if you want a feminine corset you can design it for the male body and still have a female silhouette. It depends on how you do the design.

>>7342758
That's been largely disproven for modern corsets. Much of the negative health effects come from historical corsets like the s-bend which most people won't be able to purchase outside historical corsetierre shops.
But they've done studies with modern corsets and found no health effects.
>>
Question, I have a 24-25 inch waist, and 34 inch hips, would it be dangerous for me to corset train? Lately I feel like my hips have gotten too high and I don't like the look of it, so I'd like to get back to where I was before, but I think I'm so skinny that it might be a detriment
>>
>>7344124
Corsets don't affect your hips. Plus that's already a pretty tiny waist even for women. Are you sure you even need corsets? Like a waist that tiny and those proportions would make like 75% of the female population jealous lol
>>
>>7344225
Also are you sure you weren't measuring your thighs? If the tape measure is below your genitals that's your thighs not your hips
Your hip shelf is where your hip bone rests against your skin and your hip measurement should be roughly around there. It should be above your butt cheeks and genitals.
Though sometimes clothing manufacturers just say thighs = hips for simplicity.
But the distance from your waist to your hip measurement should only be like 4-5 inches. If you're beyond that you're taking a measurement closer to your thighs, not your hips.
>>
>>7344290
Hips is the wides part if your hips, usually around the joints to where your legs connect to the hip.

What you're talking about is high hip, sometimes simply marked as waist.
>>
>>7344314
The way I've always seen it done for corsets is your waist should be one inch above the belly button for men, or in line with the belly button for women, hips are near the hip shelf, thighs are the largest part of your butt.
That's what is for wedding dresses and gowns and whatnot it seems as well whenever I Google measurement type stuff.

Like a hip spring of 10 inches for women would be enormous, you'd have a pretty thick body for those measurements lol
Most women have a hip spring of 4 to 6 inches which is what most off the rack corsets have.
>>
>>7344342
Waist is wherever the waist is located on the piece of clothing, usually quite a bit above the belly button for women.

>That's what is for wedding dresses and gowns and whatnot it seems as well whenever I Google measurement type stuff.
You live your every day life in a wedding dress?
>>
>>7344355
Ah right it's opposite from what I said. Women's is 1" above belly button, mens is in in line with it.

>You live your every day life in a wedding dress?
Maybe I will. I'll just dress like a slutty bride to attract potential grooms and go through a drive through chapel
Thread posts: 24
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.