[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hey everyone, would you date someone who isn't fully out

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 3

Hey everyone, would you date someone who isn't fully out of the closet yet?

Here's my situation. I'm a girl who has been into girls since like, puberty. but I've also been into boys at the same time. I went to a private all girls middle and high school in the south, so i just ignored my feelings for girls / repressed them for a really long time. Now I'm in my third year of college, and after dating boy after boy (and after a year of therapy) I've finally started to accept that part of myself. My first move was to get back into the tinder game (i love tinder) but this time, with only women. I didn't think much would come of it, maybe a couple of hookups and cute dates so i could see what it was like to be with a girl sexually and romantically in general. Basically; i was looking for something casual.

Heres the issue: i'm not really out to most people. i go to a super liberal art school, AND my older sister is openly bi, so I know that all my friends and family would accept me. the two things that are holding me back are my own irrational fear of social rejection and my tendency to lie or omit the truth as a response to anxiety (ive been in therapy for my anxiety disorder). I figured I would eventually tell people that I'm bi by introducing them to my girlfriend.

However, now I've met someone through tinder who I really like. We've been on a couple dates, we even kissed, though nothing past that. Now our next date is coming up tomorrow and she's coming over to my place. I'm going to have to tell my roommates that I'm having someone over, for a date....and I'm going to have to come out to them. My initial instinct was just to lie and be like "this is my friend who is here to be platonic with me" but then i realized how awkward that would be, considering that when I went to her place and met her friends / roommates, she was completely open about the fact that we met on Tinder.

HELP
pic unrelated lmao
>>
>>7328728
>Hey everyone, would you date someone who isn't fully out of the closet yet?
Yes.
I would not date someone however who isn't out of the closet, and has to keep our entire relationship a secret permanently AND thinks bullying me in front of their friends = acceptable.

There's only so much I can tolerate on your path to acceptance before I move on.
>>
>>7328736
oh yeah no thats the thing is....i intend to kind of use her as a coming out tool? and that sounds AWFUL but..idk thats the thing that makes me most comfortable and i want to hear it from people who aren't anxious wrecks: would you hate me if we were dating and i used u as my coming out buddy? like is it wrong to just be like "hey babe can u kiss me on the cheek real quick so i can post this to my story with a caption explaining that im bi" because i feel like a real douchenozzle for even considering it
>>
>>7328728
I think most would be fine with it. You've just got to make sure your date knows and is fine with it ahead of time, dont just spring it on her when she gets there.
>>
File: bandages.gif (949KB, 500x518px) Image search: [Google]
bandages.gif
949KB, 500x518px
>>7328728
Why say anything more than, "Hey <roomies>! This is <date>! <Date>, <roomies>!" Then make out with your date.

I mean, unless your roomies are retarded, they'll figure it out.
>>
>>7328816
This.
>>
File: 3375375.png (231KB, 388x392px) Image search: [Google]
3375375.png
231KB, 388x392px
>>7328728
Fascinating...
>>
>>7328728

I'm currently doing so. It's fucking depressing hearing him talk about his family and the way they talk about gay people around him.

I got super fucking lucky, and my whole family completely accepts and supports me. I almost feel guilty for having such an easy time of this whole faggot thing.
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.