[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>think you're a tranny >therapist tells you to do

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 41
Thread images: 3

File: gnome-shell-imgur-CH15QY.png (795KB, 819x615px) Image search: [Google]
gnome-shell-imgur-CH15QY.png
795KB, 819x615px
>think you're a tranny
>therapist tells you to do EEG

>low alpha frequencies (typical for males)
>no delta at all (typical for males)
So it turns out I'm a man…
>>
>>7325085
be glad you actually have a real therapist and not one that refuses to tell you anything of value
>>
>>7325085
I want more insight on this. Are hormones a factor?
>>
>>7325101
What should I do though? I have the next appointment in two weeks and she'll read my results and decide, so I don't know for sure what that means yet.
How can I get rid of my dysphoria if it now turns out that most probably I'm just a regular dude and I shouldn't transition?
>>7325119
I don't know, I'm not on HRT yet.
>>
>>7325085

Huh, I didn't know that. I got an EEG done myself. Do you happen to know whether I fit in the male or female range?

My alpha waves were apparently 09-10 cycles per second with an amplitude of 40-50 microvolts. Delta was 02-03 cycles per second, with an amplitude of 40-50 microvolts. They were bilaterally symmetrical and synchronized, I think it says. That's my translation from Spanish.
>>
>>7325343
OP here. I had 8-10Hz… 30 microvolts and no delta at all.
>>
>>7325486

So my alpha frequencies are probably normal for a guy. And I don't know if my delta's high enough to be in the female range.
>>
>>7325535
They're normal for a woman. Mine are normal for a guy. Also I'm not sure about it, I couldn't find enough information on Google.
>>
>>7325540

Which of my wave measurements are normal for a woman? You don't mean the alpha right? I mean the one extra Hz between you and me doesn't seem like that big a deal, especially when we both only went as high as 10 Hz. What part aren't you sure about?
>>
>>7325138
Wait, what country are you in? I seriously doubt there's anywhere near enough understanding for an EEG to be a useful diagnostic tool for transsexualism.

Presumably you're in this situation because you have gender dysphoria, right? Just because some barely-understood test gives you a result typical of males (when how exactly that would apply to MtFs isn't clear or well-studied at all) it doesn't mean you're somehow definitely not trans (and obviously the dysphoria is still present, which you can't just pretend isn't the case because "test says you're a man").

If I were you I'd ask extensive questions about how exactly the test works and why a given result would affect their treatment of you, really try and argue with them.

I really hope they won't withhold treatment because of some bullshit anon.
>>
>>7325559
Honestly I don't know what ranges are for males and females. I just Googled that females have statistically higher frequencies and that the maximum frequency for humans is 13. So if I'm so low (only 8-10) then I must be a guy. It's common sense.
>>7325568
So how should they diagnose transsexuality? I had various talks with the therapist and she told me to do the EEG and skull X-ray to 'exclude any other conditions like tumors etc.', but I suspect she also uses it to see the patient's brain gender. Maybe I'm being paranoid now, I don't know, but I believe they should check the real brain gender before giving anyone hormones. Otherwise it'd be potentially harmful – female hormones should only be given to real women. I live in Poland BTW.
>>
>>7325600
Pretty sure it's the standard procedure in Poland, I wouldn't worry too much.
>>
>>7325085
That's putting too much faith into averaging. A 5'4" manlet could be considered average in female height, but we don't call him female just because he's so short. Plus we do not nearly have enough data to make any concrete assumptions from a brain scan.

>>7325138
The more important thing to focus on is the fact that you are experiencing dysphoria at all. Cis people don't just randomly start experiencing dysphoria If you're still concerned about whether or not you are trans, do some more introspection.
>>
>>7325568
And I do have gender dysphoria and a really a high level of it to be honest – every day is just another struggle and I want to break out of it as soon as possible… But I read there are other ways of treating it (pizomide). I would never pass anyways, because I'm WAY too old (19 years old).
>>
the polish medicine in this thread is frighting
>>
>>7325631
>because I'm WAY too old (19 years old).
Shut the fuck up lol

You're gonna be itching for HRT before you're 30, and then you're gonna wish you had done it sooner.
>>
>>7325600
>but I believe they should check the real brain gender before giving anyone hormones
Of course they should, but that's not possible with the current technology. Certain electrical signals given off by the brain tend to (note: not always) appear in in males/females. It's not like they scan your brain and see a clear marker for gender, or anything even remotely close to that. If that was possible don't you think you'd know about it? Why would you even have a psychologist spend months talking to you to get a semi-subjective diagnosis when they can just send you for a scan and diagnose you extremely accurately and quickly?

Ruling out other conditions is reasonable, though I wouldn't think anything that can be identified with an EEG that would create a "false positive" for gender dysphoria.

>female hormones should only be given to real women.
The whole "MtFs should transition because they're real women inside" is bullshit. Transition is to alleviate gender dysphoria, and it does that whether or not the patient meets some (subjective and arbitrary) criteria for being "real"; for practical purposes it's the same.

>And I do have gender dysphoria and a really a high level of it to be honest
And if the test says you're "not a real woman", are you just going to not transition and hope your dysphoria goes away by itself? Don't be fooled by the apparent objectivity of an EEG; dysphoria is a far stronger indicator of transsexualism than anything it can tell you.
>>
>>7325138
there are no distinctive male or female brains

you either have dysphoria or you don't - and thats the criteria for transitioning (well of course not clear cut sometimes, dysphoria can come and go and you might feel dysphoria about your body but not desire to be of the opposite gender socially)
>>
>>7325600
>Otherwise it'd be potentially harmful – female hormones should only be given to real women.
Femboys prove otherwise. As long as they're aware of consequences, there should be no reason to withhold hormones from a person.
>>
>>7325085
finally, a way to cleans the ranks of agp
>>
this is pretty neat anon
http://press.endocrine.org/doi/full/10.1210/jc.2009-0345
>In summary, neither biological nor psychological studies provide a satisfactory explanation for the intriguing phenomenon of GIDs. In both disciplines, studies have been able to correlate certain findings to GIDs, but the findings are not robust and cannot be generalized to the whole population.
>>
>>7325631
you have years left of puberty so no, not even close. Your current puberty will end prematurely, which is way better than waiting after
>>
>>7325085
There's no way to actually correlate brain studies to transsexuals because many people transition that aren't actually trans.
>>
>>7328088
why would they transition?
>>
>>7328088

There have been studies that try to separate transsexual populations by transition age, age of realization of gender identity, and orientation. But not as a combination.
>>
File: tumblr_nmpdp0oHVq1u2qha0o1_1280.jpg (257KB, 800x1200px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_nmpdp0oHVq1u2qha0o1_1280.jpg
257KB, 800x1200px
>>7334100

maybe because they think it is easier to be a woman and they want a "daddy" to take care of them and think for them and they think that the only way to get that is to transition?
>>
>>7328088
More importantly, trans brains change from before HRT, to after, but NOBODY ever compares this.

>>7334100
because some people get abused and have such an inferiority complex they think its BETTER to be the opposite sex? I'm one of them, asshole, I almost chopped my dick off because I thought all men were evil rapists, and didnt want to be that.

Therein lies the problem too, a lot of trans don't REALLY figure this shit out, and consoling doesn't really probe very deep
>>
>>7334135
Well that's pretty dumb.

>>7334141
Why am I an asshole? I'm just asking... I get what you mean about the whole "all men were evil rapists, and didnt want to be that" though, HRT killed my male sex drive and I feel so fucking relieved.
>>
>>7334194
Because, and maybe YOU werent doing this was MY EXPERIENCE.

>come out as having gender dysphoria, because I literally want to cut my dick off
>get so much support, people saying im accepted, im a woman in a mans body, ect
>suggest hormones, srs, ect....tell me its ok, when I complain its weird, a massive hugbox to try and calm me. Tell me that its normal, and hormones would really help my anxiety
>I try and figure out my problems, identifying WHY I feel that way, because I don't want lifelong injections, I want to simply not be a monster

>Eventually figure shit out, cure my dysphoria by realizing my mother was full of shit and implanted my thoughts on men being evil
>realize not all men are evil
>realize I'm only evil if I CHOOSE to be evil, become ok with being a man
>immediately get shunned by lgbt, they say im deluded, say I've been brainwashed to not accept my status
>I tell them no, I GENUINELY FEEL HAPPIER.
>I tell them I'm cured of gender dypshoria, and they chew me out, saying I never had it in the first place, that im a piece of shit liar, ect

This is why i KINDA hate the LGBT...soon as you disagree, even for your own shit, you are an ENEMY..
>>
File: 14832942.jpg (78KB, 637x476px) Image search: [Google]
14832942.jpg
78KB, 637x476px
>>7325085
>your brain determines your gender now
lol
not even having a fucking DICK means you're a male. Who cares about some imaginary waves?
>>
>>7334249
While I can see where you are coming from, I agree with ops test... Because frankly, most of those "tests" are after HRT, which DOES change the brains patterns...which proves absolutely nothing

however, this shows "no, you ARENT a woman" to people, they just have an inferiority complex.
>>
>>7334235
So you're basically saying that you were dysphoric in your perception of the male gender, dysphoric that people perceived you to be this kind of person rather than desire to be considered female. Interesting as this would be gender dysphoria in a linguistic sense but not a clinical sense... LGTBSJW is pretty toxic
>>
>>7334249
>We put your brain in a female body
>"Lol I guess I'm a woman now time to suck 50 dicks and do things I think women do"
>>
>>7325647
some people fix their delusions, faggot.
>>7334330
it was clinical enough that I got approved for hormones n shit...
>>
Op is a self hating faggot. Polish lgbt scene is the most self hated group ever. Like they want find a reason not to be themself.

t. polish tranny
>>
>>7336119
>not being self
Self can change, fucktard.

my "self" 5 years ago was a little bitch with no backbone. I'm glad im not my "self" anymore.
>>
>>7325568
>barely understood
you mean like transexualism?
>>
>>7325631
Start at 19 or regret forever.... This feels like a bait post...

I started at 24 and am ok.
>>
>>7336382
Except some start it hearing THIS BULLSHIT exactly , and REGRET HRT.
>>
>>7336127
>little bitch with no backbone
It doesn't seem like it changed at all desu.
>>
desu
Thread posts: 41
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.