[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

After a lifetime of trying, I'm FINALLY getting a time to

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

File: IMG_1433.jpg (20KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1433.jpg
20KB, 480x360px
After a lifetime of trying, I'm FINALLY getting a time to a doctor to talk about starting HRT. Been fighting the law and myself for 8 years, and it's happening in a week.

How do I not get my hopes up and end up gravely disappointed?
>>
>>7286695
>since you waited so long, having fell for the "go legit" meme, you are too old to have good results
>HRT isn't magic
>the doctor will make you wait a while to start, and then will put you on bare minimal doses and refuse to give you anything other than spiro
>>
>>7286705
I was 14 when I started this fight, and unless you go abroad it's literally illegal to try to transition through any alternative routes in my country, and I haven't got that kind of money.

I'm also ftm, bout to go on testosterone.
>>
>>7286779
It's illegal in most countries to take prescription meds without a prescription. But what's also illegal is doctors reporting you to the police. It's a violation of doctor patient privacy laws.
Just like how if you're having liver troubles or something from abusing meth or whatever you can go to a doctor and let them know. They'll give you tests and whatnot and send you on your way. Your doctor isn't related to the law at all.
>>
>>7287528
Okay, "illegal" was the wrong word to use. What I tried to say was that using DIY hormones won't help your progress in transitioning legally, as you ARE REQUIRED the official, medical diagnosis of gender identity disorder, and an X amount of official HRT/treatments in order to change your sex in any legal documents.

I mean, sure, you CAN shoot yourself in the foot by making your face and voice not match any of your legal ID's, but that literally doesn't help you a bit.

Worst case scenario, every place that needs your ID can decide that you are not the person in question, and you're as good as an undocumented illegal.
>>
>>7287719
You don't need a certain amount of hrt/treatment to get your ids changed, nor will self-medding prevent you from getting it legally prescribed, in the U.S. atleast.
>>
>>7287719
Actually a lot of doctors will skip quite a bit of the process if you've been self messing for long enough.
>>
>>7286705
>too old
How old is too old for good results?
>>
>>7290551

It depends on how much you've masculinized by whatever age. It seems to me that this girl and I started HRT at the same age (20), and I even started HRT a few months before her, but I don't pass while she does. We had completely different start points in our skulls, and that's the reason. My jaw is more developed than hers, so I look more manly. That's not the only difference, but that's probably the biggest.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U48BHkI6KEQ
>>
>>7289344
>>7289400
I'm from Finland, not the US. Different country, different laws. Feel free to change them, Amnesty has failed to.
>>
>>7292066
Either way, they still have doctor-patient confidentiality. You could have self-medded just fine.
>>
>>7292066
you're dumb, you should have just self-medded years ago jesus.
>>
>>7292175
>>7292413
Did I mention the "doesn't help advance the official process" -part? I want my ID's to match my face. You can't just call a bank with a male voicd inquiring the private affairs of someone named Elsa and trust that they figure it's really you.

If I knew how to buy illegal shit online I'd be buying LSD and extacy, not some shoddy russian steroids.

Besides, my body dysphoria is more about breasts and genitals than anything else, and you can't just get a safe surgery for cheap at the back of someone's house.
>>
>>7286695

Congratulations, anon.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.