[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Straight guy here, I just wanted to hear some thoughts on some

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1

File: 1464022200184.png (217KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
1464022200184.png
217KB, 800x600px
Straight guy here, I just wanted to hear some thoughts on some questions which have been bothering me.

How do you deal with boy/girl/man/woman not really being indicative of whether you're talking about your sex or your gender? People do need to know your sex. If someone is sizing you up as a dating material, it does matter what equipment you have.

Is there a clear consensus that gender and sex are seperated? I consider gender and sex unconnected, but I don't know if everyone sees it that way.

Should we be referring to transgenders as transgendered in public so as to not confuse others?

If transgendered people wish to keep their sex a secret by only using boy/girl/man/woman as identifiers, doesn't that go against the purpose of those words? Depending on who you're telling that to, it's either not properly descriptive or straight up deceptive. If someone thinks you're referring to sex and it turns out your not, that's the sort of misunderstanding which can lead to danger.

In any case, would really appreciate some insight.
>>
>>7264215
>it does matter what equipment you have.
it's not people's business at all, h*ck damn it!
>>
Everyone you meet doesn't need to know your sex. When you start to get involved with someone then you disclose that to them privately, but there is no reason for most friends, Co workers, etc to know. And I'd prefer they didn't.
>>
>>7264231
>>7264240
It matters because other people are far more likely to engage with you than you are to engage with them. There are many different types of people in the world and some of them are very basic. They travel through social circles relying on their gut intuition. It's extremely likely that you might find yourself on the receiving end of the attention of one of these types of people. You never know who cares and who doesn't.
>>
>>7264215
>Is there a clear consensus that gender and sex are seperated? I consider gender and sex unconnected, but I don't know if everyone sees it that way.
Lol. How do you do that when 99.9% of people identify their gender as lining up with their biological sex?
>>
>>7264321
I'm asking specifically and referring to within the LGBT community. The rest of the world at large doesn't care and thus doesn't have an opinion on it.
Thread posts: 6
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.